PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Picons

Lither
09-08-14, 14:58
I have installed Ocram picons via IPK file and all the picons are stored in box internal memory, I tried to drag and drop the folder to media/usb in FileZilla but doesn't seem to move?

How do I move the picons folder to my USB?

Joe_90
09-08-14, 16:12
How is your USB stick formatted? If it's FAT32, then you can't drag Ocram's picons folder to it. Well you can, but only the sub folders containing the .png files. The main folder is a collection of symbolic links which won't work on FAT32. I have a copy of my picons folder from flash stored on my hard disk, but it's ext4, not FAT32.

Lither
09-08-14, 16:58
How is your USB stick formatted? If it's FAT32, then you can't drag Ocram's picons folder to it. Well you can, but only the sub folders containing the .png files. The main folder is a collection of symbolic links which won't work on FAT32. I have a copy of my picons folder from flash stored on my hard disk, but it's ext4, not FAT32.
My USB stick is ext4 format

Lither
10-08-14, 11:21
Can someone help me please

deleted
10-08-14, 12:12
Copy/move the files using ssh.

Lither
10-08-14, 14:43
Copy/move the files using ssh.
Can you guide me through how to do that please

deleted
10-08-14, 14:58
cp -RP /picon /media/usb
rm -rf /picon

Lither
10-08-14, 17:08
cp -RP /picon /media/usb
rm -rf /picon
Sorry about this but how do I move files using SSH? Is there a guide or video you can show me

deleted
10-08-14, 17:35
http://www.gamexe.net/other/beginner-guide-ssh/

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+use+google

Mr. Mister
10-08-14, 18:08
@ Ocram..

Please do not post live links in the forum..

Please use the code tag..

deleted
10-08-14, 18:16
sorry for that

Joe_90
11-08-14, 13:33
Sorry about this but how do I move files using SSH? Is there a guide or video you can show me

telnet into your box
cd /
cp -r picon/ /media/usb/
and then if you want to remove the original directory
rm -rf /picon

deleted
11-08-14, 18:13
telnet into your box
cd /
cp -r picon/ /media/usb/
and then if you want to remove the original directory
rm -rf /picon

Basically the same as what I said, except you are forgetting 1 thing "-P, --no-dereference", so that the actaul link gets copied and not the linked image.

You can also do:

mkdir /media/usb/picon
cp /picon/1_0* /media/usb/picon

This should copy only the symbolic links, but not the link itself, instead it follows the link and copies the image, this will take up more space.

But wouldn't it be easier, since the OP seems to have absolutely no idea how to execute the most basic linux commands, to just download the 7z archives and copy to usb with either filezilla or directly on the PC...

afterburn
01-09-14, 00:29
Basically the same as what I said, except you are forgetting 1 thing "-P, --no-dereference", so that the actaul link gets copied and not the linked image.

You can also do:

mkdir /media/usb/picon
cp /picon/1_0* /media/usb/picon

This should copy only the symbolic links, but not the link itself, instead it follows the link and copies the image, this will take up more space.

But wouldn't it be easier, since the OP seems to have absolutely no idea how to execute the most basic linux commands, to just download the 7z archives and copy to usb with either filezilla or directly on the PC...

Hi! I am trying to do somrthing similar. I have installed winscp. When i connect to the box do I then open a terminal then enter the commands above?
Do I type in mkdir /media/usb/picon first hit enter and then type in cp /picon/1_0* /media/usb/picon again hit enter and I'm good to go or is there more to it than that?