PDA

View Full Version : Help vu keeps crashing

Mikeyc
09-08-14, 09:00
We had a power cut yesterday and when my box came back on it kept coming up saying sorry software problem and would restart and say the same thing, I've tried unplugging all usb components and restarting it, even disconnected the hdd. I tried flashing it with a new boot loader and then a new image but the box says reading usb then comes straight on to the original screen that was saying software problem. I don't think it was actually reading any data from my usb and just bypassing it, I know the usb works as it's the one I used to set it up with. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Andy_Hazza
09-08-14, 09:11
Is it a genuine box or a clone? To see if its a clone, do you have a v2.0/v3.0 sticker on the back of your receiver?

Mikeyc
09-08-14, 09:33
The sticker says VU+ DUO SN: D1314900953

Mikeyc
09-08-14, 09:52
When it loads up it comes on saying please send the log file Ocala/en_GB.UTF-8/LC_MESSAGES/libc.m8 to world of satellite.com

Larry-G
09-08-14, 10:26
your receiver is in a crashloop, it is a software issue likely arising by the abrupt power cut. Try reflashing the image.

Mikeyc
09-08-14, 10:45
I tried that but the receiver wasn't reading the USB and just bypassing it, I will buy a new USB and hope that this resolves the issue. Thanks

judge
09-08-14, 11:57
You can still ftpinto the box, have a look at the crash logs being generated & remove the offending plugin, skin or setting.