PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-MISC] Alternative Channels lost on update

pembo
08-08-14, 06:22
I noticed that after ABM runs, this loses any alternatives set (i.e. same channel different tuner DVB/S /T)
Now if I try and add the alternatives they are still there, and simply adding/ending without making any changes adds the alternatives back in.

I obviously understand why they get trashed, just wondering if there is a way that this can be prevented in the future, or even if I can script the alternative edits back in and run as a job after ABM, which I'm more than happy to have a go at doing if I knew where to look/update. I assume this is in lamedb, but I don't know enough yet to script this!

Thanks

abu baniaz
08-08-14, 11:35
ABM creats it's own bouquets based on the official bouquets, you cant add/edit a channel in the ABM bouquets without it being re-written during ABM's process.

You can create your own bouquet which won't be affected. You will have to manually update it.

pembo
09-08-14, 10:26
Thanks. I'm not talking about editing the ABM bouquets per se. I realise these get rewritten, and I'd rather keep the ABM bouquets as it saves a lot of manual messing around everytime something changes.

I'm thinking about something I can script to run after ABM that goes back through and re-sets up the alternative channels each time.

abu baniaz
09-08-14, 11:11
I don't know about scripts, but I know if you create your own bouquet, it won't be touched by ABM.

judge
09-08-14, 11:50
Alternative channels should also work with ABM updates.

pembo
11-08-14, 22:53
sorry judge, excuse me for being a little thick, but what do you mean by "ABM updates"?

judge
11-08-14, 23:03
sorry judge, excuse me for being a little thick, but what do you mean by "ABM updates"?

In your first post, you say
I noticed that after ABM runsthat's an update. :confused:

pembo
12-08-14, 22:12
Ah :) Told you I was being a little thick.

The problem is that the alternative channels set on the bouquet are lost.
They are still there though. If you try to add the alternative channel back in, its already defined, so there's nothing to do other than end adding the alternative and from there forward it works again.

So for example,

ABM generates me an 'all channels bouquet'. I add alternatives to the DVBS ones to the same channel on the DVBT tuner.
The next evening, the scheduled run of ABM kicks in, and will generate the bouquet again, but the alternative channels are not linked any more to the all-channels bouquet. Now, If I edit the channel to add the alternatives, these are already known, and ending the alternative adds puts me back in a good place.