PDA

View Full Version : vu duo2 flashing problems

gazza141
07-08-14, 19:37
hi everyone just got vu duo 2 today boot loader v2 been trying to update to version 3 and install vix image but tried 3 pen drives all been formatted in fat 32 done everything guides say but can't get update to work Do you think its pen drive prob or something else I'm doing any help will be much appreciated .

bellejt
07-08-14, 19:42
make a small partition 256 Mb fat 32 on the pendrive.Extract image on it.You will get a directory called VU.Box hard off.Sticj-k in front an d start box and then when asking to update push FRONT BUTTON above usb.

thisntaht
07-08-14, 20:21
Just curious but whats the advantage of updating the bootloader from v2 to v3? On the openvix website there is only v2 bootloader available for the duo2, where are you getting v3?
Just wondering :)

hi everyone just got vu duo 2 today boot loader v2 been trying to update to version 3 and install vix image but tried 3 pen drives all been formatted in fat 32 done everything guides say but can't get update to work Do you think its pen drive prob or something else I'm doing any help will be much appreciated .

gazza141
07-08-14, 20:24
its of a few how to guides I've been reading, do i not need to update boot loader to install latest vix image

thisntaht
07-08-14, 21:55
It should be fine on V2

its of a few how to guides I've been reading, do i not need to update boot loader to install latest vix image

nsw9154
07-08-14, 22:00
every thing you need to know about vix is on this forum their are loads of how to do search options, you should find every thing that you need
and I would leave your boot loader as it is until you get to know your receiver better :D

gazza141
07-08-14, 22:30
thanks every one for your advise i decided to leave boot loader alone but still having same problem trying to load latest vix image used 5 pen drives even been out and bought new one but still no luck, followed all advise on this forum still no luck, could my vu be faulty?

Larry-G
07-08-14, 22:36

There is no v3 bootloader for the Vu+ Duo2.
The latest bootloader available for this receiver can be found here.
http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/VU%2B_Bootloaders/Vu%2BDuo2/

Larry-G
07-08-14, 22:39
thanks every one for your advise i decided to leave boot loader alone but still having same problem trying to load latest vix image used 5 pen drives even been out and bought new one but still no luck, followed all advise on this forum still no luck, could my vu be faulty?

you need to clarify exactly what receiver you have, because if you load the wrong bootloader you will destroy the receiver, and as I said above there is no v3 bootloader available for the Duo2.

judge
07-08-14, 22:47
What image is currently on the box? A couch flash may be easier if your current image supports it.

gazza141
07-08-14, 22:52
I have the vu duo 2 I read you needed the latest bootloader from vu site which is version 3 am I wrong with all this should I be able to install vix image without doing anything else to vu. any ideas why I cant get image to be installed.

gazza141
07-08-14, 22:54
the image currently on seems to be vu own

judge
07-08-14, 23:06
The box probably came with the latest bootloader installed so. Not sure if that image supports couch flashing without installing other plugins.
If not, latest & tested bootloader will be available on http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/VU%2B_Bootloaders/Vu%2BDuo2/
Don't see any mention of a Duo2 V3 bootloader on any site though? :confused:
Can you provide a link?

Latest ViX image for your box is on http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Vu%2BDuo2/

There should be no need to flash a bootloader first.
Just extract it onto correctly formatted USB stick, in the correct file structure & follow box instructions.

gazza141
07-08-14, 23:15
i think its for duo not duo2 my balls up will try to install vix again but not having much luck.

Larry-G
07-08-14, 23:19
once again there is no v3 bootloader for the Vu+ Duo2. can you provide a link to where you purchased the receiver or where it says you need a v3 bootloader.

judge
07-08-14, 23:21
i think its for duo not duo2 my balls up will try to install vix again but not having much luck.

Big difference between Duo & Duo 2.
You won't have any luck trying to install the wrong bootloader/image on the wrong box.

gazza141
07-08-14, 23:27
Big difference between Duo & Duo 2.
You won't have any luck trying to install the wrong bootloader/image on the wrong box.

tell me about that could of been expensive, I've been try using my mac could that have been the problem, just used my daughters pc downloaded formatted and copied files to usb put drive in vu worked first time. its going through the process as week speak i think this is going to be a learning curve big curve. thanks everybody for your help.
no doubt you will here from me again.

judge
07-08-14, 23:34
tell me about that could of been expensive, I've been try using my mac could that have been the problem, just used my daughters pc downloaded formatted and copied files to usb put drive in vu worked first time. its going through the process as week speak i think this is going to be a learning curve big curve. thanks everybody for your help.
no doubt you will here from me again.

Nothing to do with the Mac, just how you're using the correct image & file format.
Hope it reboots fine for you now...

gazza141
07-08-14, 23:49
happy days vix on and working.