PDA

View Full Version : Problems with remote

dermie1234
05-08-14, 22:06
Ok I have a vu+solo2 box and a sky f5 box and in my house its working perfect. However i took them out to a friends house tonight to show them and the f5 box was working perfectly however the remote for the vu solo2 box seemed like it was stalling. If u pressed the remote enough times say a couple of hundred times it might move up one spot. It seemed as if that the radio signal of the remote was being blocked. Thinking it may have been the wireless and I unplugged the router for freeview channels yet still had the exact same problem. He has an alarm in the house but its not connected through the ariel or anything. Any ideas? As if it works he is very interested in purchasing a box.

cactikid
05-08-14, 22:58
does he have a plasma tv ? have heard of having it too close to tv,move further away it should be ok,does he have any other wireless devices that may block signal?

dermie1234
05-08-14, 23:07
Yes it is a plasma tv. But not a smart tv. No other wireless devices. It's on a stand with 2 shelves underneath it. You reckon that's all it could be?

Larry-G
05-08-14, 23:29
It could be something as simple as a energy saving light bulb blocking the infra red signal from the remote to the receiver, that's presuming he uses energy saving light bulbs.

dermie1234
05-08-14, 23:30
But strange the f5 box and all other remotes have no problems in the room.

dermie1234
06-08-14, 17:42
Ok ive tried move it away from the tv about 2 meters which is as far as it can go. No joy. I turned off all the lights. Still no joy.
Strangely when I plug it into the other room it will work. Any other ideas. Would swapping the tvs help?

Larry-G
06-08-14, 17:51
If it's working in one room but not the other, it would suggest that something in the first room is causing interference.

nsw9154
06-08-14, 18:17
Just a thought would changing the Remote Control Code work, that might change the frequency or is that only to operate a TV :confused:

Larry-G
06-08-14, 18:18
Just a thought would changing the Remote Control Code work, that might change the frequency or is that only to operate a TV :confused:

Yes it's worth a try.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

dermie1234
06-08-14, 18:22
Is that not to just change the tv side of it? It's seems wild strange. Like I plugged out every single thing in the room bar tv and vu+ solo2 turned off all the lights. Moved the the box 2 meters away and still it won't work.

Is their different types of remotes that can change vu+solo2 like a universal remote

dermie1234
06-08-14, 18:32
Ok was reading up on it and will try this tomorrow.

If you have a Plasma TV you may have issues with Remote Controller on Solo2 Responding to commands very slowly and sometimes commands been ignored completely due to "Plasma interference"

The work around is simple,if you have a energy saving intelligent sensor mode on Plasma Tv switch it on,it will dim picture and will minimize the "Plasma interference" enabling the solo2 RC to work like it should

Larry-G
06-08-14, 18:37
Is that not to just change the tv side of it? It's seems wild strange. Like I plugged out every single thing in the room bar tv and vu+ solo2 turned off all the lights. Moved the the box 2 meters away and still it won't work.

Is their different types of remotes that can change vu+solo2 like a universal remote

No, you can change the code both the receiver and remote control use, Vu+ remotes can use any of four different codes allowing any Vu+ remote control to work with any Vu+ receiver. or even allowing several of the same model receivers to be used in the same room without interfering with each other's remote controls.

dermie1234
06-08-14, 18:38
Would you have a link on how to do this?

nsw9154
06-08-14, 18:42
It's in the main menu Remote Control Code 36474

Larry-G
06-08-14, 18:46
Would you have a link on how to do this?

On the receiver it self go to menu> setup> system> then look for the section that deals with the remote control code (sorry I can't be more specific but I am at work and working from memory). Once you have selected the code you want to try on the receiver set the remote to use the same code by doing the following.

Press and hold 2 and 7 for three seconds until the L.E.D turns red.
Press help
Press 001 or 002 or 003 or 004

And that's about it, try the different codes and see which works best but remember if you reflash the image you will have to reset the remote to its default state or it won't work with the receiver.

DaMacFunkin
06-08-14, 19:12
not all electrical components are the same I have had remote controls over the years where I have sourced a better quality sender and soldered that in place of the original one..., I have heard it said that the solo2 remote in some instances needs to be pointed exactly at the sensor to work, I use a duo2 remote with my solo2 and I have to admit it seems to work better, I have also heard other people say the same.

dermie1234
06-08-14, 19:13
Ive tried 2 different solo2 remotes. They work perfect in my house. It's just his.

DaMacFunkin
06-08-14, 19:15
Ps if you have a top of the range plasma DONT turn on Eco mode it will kill the picture....
Pps I have a Panasonic VT50 and it doesn't interfere with anything.

Larry-G
06-08-14, 19:17
not all electrical components are the same I have had remote controls over the years where I have sourced a better quality sender and soldered that in place of the original one..., I have heard it said that the solo2 remote in some instances needs to be pointed exactly at the sensor to work, I use a duo2 remote with my solo2 and I have to admit it seems to work better, I have also heard other people say the same.

I have never had a issue with any Vu+ remote control, in fact in all cases I can point the remote 180 degrees in the wrong direction and it still works, although I prefer to use logitech harmony remotes these days.

Larry-G
06-08-14, 19:18
Ive tried 2 different solo2 remotes. They work perfect in my house. It's just his.

The only way to know if they will work in his is to try them in his, or better still try and find out what in his is causing the interference int he first place.

dermie1234
06-08-14, 19:19
Cheers. Biggest problem is he lives an hour away so I was hoping it would be something simple. I've changed the frequency so I'll check tomorrow and I'll let you's know the outcome