PDA

View Full Version : Ocram Picons No More

markshore123
05-08-14, 19:57
Hi been using these for some while but due to issues they are no longer available are there any plugins to automatically update your picons that you have stored on either the flash or hdd.

Thanks

abu baniaz
05-08-14, 20:06
For 28.2, Autobouquets by Lraizer has AutoPicons.

markshore123
05-08-14, 20:12
Hi using openvix Apollo 22 will this interfere with autobouquets that is built into the image, I take it that the built in one is a modified one? Just a thought as the Ocram picons are no longer available would it be possible for the built in auto bouquets plugin be modified to do this.

Larry-G
05-08-14, 22:31
Hi using openvix Apollo 22 will this interfere with autobouquets that is built into the image, I take it that the built in one is a modified one? Just a thought as the Ocram picons are no longer available would it be possible for the built in auto bouquets plugin be modified to do this.
The one built into the image is ABM aka Autobouquets maker and it is not affected by the ocram picon server as it does not touch picon at all.

Autobouquets by LraiZer is the one that works with picons but I have no idea how this will be affected if at all by the ocram picon server being down.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Larry-G
05-08-14, 22:35
I take it that the built in one is a modified one? Just a thought as the Ocram picons are no longer available would it be possible for the built in auto bouquets plugin be modified to do this.

ABM was based on the idea of LraiZer Autobouquets plugin but does not contain any of Laider's code. I doubt you will ever see AutoPicons included as part of ABM.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
05-08-14, 22:39
Lraizer's plugin does not download from any server, it just converts any existing picons to statically named ones ( based on their unique EPG_ID/Channel ID). It then updates the symlinks to point to those picons as the SID/TSID change.

markshore123
06-08-14, 06:33
Hi so if I read this right if I have a folder containing the Ocram Picons this plugin will update them via generated symlinks?

Silent
06-08-14, 08:40
Not Ocram picon's at the moment. Ocram's are named differently.

If you look in the Picon forum you will see a post from Abu Baniaz which contains the picon pack which works with Lraizer's plugin. My understanding is it just creates a shortcut to the uniquely named picon's when AutoBouquets is run.

If you wanted the Ocram picons, you could rename those ones to the same as the ones posted by Abu. Be sure to post them back if you do it!

Edit:

Looks like they've already done transparent ones.

Info Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?39745-Rat-Snapman-s-picons-for-users-of-Lraizer-s-Autobouquets-DVB-C-and-DVBT-symlinks)

Ocram Picons Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?39779-OCRAM-shd-transparent-white-nopadding-(AutoPicon-format))

abu baniaz
06-08-14, 13:19
Part quote.

Not Ocram picon's at the moment. Ocram's are named differently.
If you wanted the Ocram picons, you could rename those ones to the same as the ones posted by Abu.

A bit much manually renaming 900+ files. The plugin converts them if they are physically named and not symlinks themselves. You can place in /tmp directory or the normal location. (Subject to being valid names otherwise the plugin cannot cross reference them). Any omitted ones you can edit manually. Thanks to someone uploading, there were only 25 edits required to the ones I uploaded.

markshore123
06-08-14, 21:24
Hi so if I read correctly the ones that have been converted by Abu can just be placed in the Picon folder and when ABM is run with the make Picons box ticked it will automatically update?

abu baniaz
06-08-14, 21:29
Hi so if I read correctly the ones that have been converted by Abu can just be placed in the Picon folder and when ABM is run with the make Picons box ticked it will automatically update?

Yes that is correct. Remove your existing picons first to avoid any potential issue.

Just to confirm process is done by AutoBouquets E2 by Lraizer, not AutoBouquetsMaker.

deleted
07-08-14, 18:48
Thanks to a generous forum member, we will be back online in the following hours after the DNS update has propagated around the world.

http://www.picons.org

deleted
07-08-14, 19:36
Sadly the donated VPS was not up to the task, a lot of CPU restrictions, but another generous donator has donated enough to keep us going for another month on the old VPS... so should be all up and running in a few hours...

stuart35
07-08-14, 20:52
Ocram please let us know via your website how much is needed per month...IE a bar that moves to say how much left to cover your costs...im sure all who use appreciate your work as much as i do will contribute so not to lose it again.

judge
07-08-14, 23:42
Sadly the donated VPS was not up to the task, a lot of CPU restrictions, but another generous donator has donated enough to keep us going for another month on the old VPS... so should be all up and running in a few hours...

Ocram, good to have the server available again. Doubt it can be added to any image feeds though as when it goes down without donations, causing image online updates not to work, will always be a pain.
Any chance you can upload latest pack/ipk when they're built?

Rob van der Does
08-08-14, 04:02
You were always able to download ipk's from his site. And you still are.

deleted
08-08-14, 07:46
Ocram, good to have the server available again. Doubt it can be added to any image feeds though as when it goes down without donations, causing image online updates not to work, will always be a pain.
Any chance you can upload latest pack/ipk when they're built?

Everything can be downloaded from the site, but it can indeed be a good idea to leave it out of the image's feeds.

-No problems when server goes down
-More people visit the site and perhaps donate to keep the server online

By downloading the file http://picons.org/downloads/ipk/Packages and removing all info except the filenames, easily done with a script, one can auto download all the ipks, if an image wishes to include them into their feeds.

If an image does this once a month... users that wish faster updates can manually add the picons feed or download from website, donate or click on a nice advertisment.