PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Recording subtiltles and pausing

richardinspain
05-08-14, 17:59
Hi
Just wondered, I am recording a programe with subtitles, when i play the recording back and pause the subtitles disappear after a couple of seconds..Is there anyway that when i pause the recording the subtitles can stay on the screen until i press play again? The reason i want to do this is it's a great way to learn a new language
Thanks
Richard

richardinspain
11-08-14, 21:58
Hi, Can anyone through any light on this, even if it can't be done, at least i'll know then
Thanks Richard

jukkal
12-08-14, 13:53
when i play the recording back and pause the subtitles disappear after a couple of seconds..Is there anyway that when i pause the recording the subtitles can stay on the screen until i press play again?
I have noticed the same thing, and don't know how to prevent this..
But when I continue the playback after pause, I often use the "1" key to skip back 15 seconds anyway to refresh my memory about what was going on, and this way also the subtitles reappear before the playback is at the point where I paused it.

Ojustaboo
12-08-14, 19:23
I have a problem pausing certain files (not recorded on the system) whereby if I pause, when I resume, the sound goes off after a few seconds.

What I now simply do is stop the program, and when I restart it, press OK when it asks if I wan't to resume from where I left off

Huevos
13-08-14, 13:33
Hi, Can anyone through any light on this, even if it can't be done, at least i'll know thenAs far as I know, the DVB stream contains a length of time any particular subtitle should be displayed for. Once that time is up the subtitle disappears.

DaMacFunkin
13-08-14, 15:03
Hi, Can anyone through any light on this, even if it can't be done, at least i'll know then
Thanks Richard
You could FTP the recording off the box and use one of many transcoding programs to convert it to say DVD format choosing to print subtitles to screen, this will hard code the chosen subtitle into the MPEG stream giving you what you require when you pause, something tells me you don't want to go to these lengths though.

richardinspain
13-08-14, 15:59
You could FTP the recording off the box and use one of many transcoding programs to convert it to say DVD format choosing to print subtitles to screen, this will hard code the chosen subtitle into the MPEG stream giving you what you require when you pause, something tells me you don't want to go to these lengths though.

Thanks all for your input
perhaps that maybe a good idea DaMacFunkin, if its just a case of converting the file to dvd format and the subtitles stay on the screen in pause mode then i would be happy with that
Thanks all Richard

richardinspain
17-08-14, 11:38
Just tried the same files on my Android tablet and the subtitles stay on the screen in pause mode, so must be something to do with the player in vix, It's not a fault but the Android tablet works fine for me with what i want to do so will use that. Might try another player ...does anyone know of a good media player compatible with vix?
Thanks Richard