PDA

View Full Version : stream channels over web - Your input can't be opened: VLC is unable to open the MRL

danped
04-08-14, 19:04
Hi,

I just set up my VU solo 2 to stream over the web. I'm using webif and Vix (latest version). I can log into my box and see the webif web page but when I try to stream a channel I get the following error from VLC player:

Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MR
'http://...' Check the log for details.

I tried to get the log file but couldn't - any ideas on how to correct this please?

Thanks,
Dan

jukkal
04-08-14, 22:44
I just set up my VU solo 2 to stream over the web. I'm using webif and Vix (latest version). I can log into my box and see the webif web page but when I try to stream a channel I get the following error from VLC player:
Your input can't be opened:

By default, you need to have ports 80 and 8001 open to the box to be able to stream. (At least I needed to open those ports for my Ultimo, I guess they are the same for Solo2). So, check that your router passes traffic for those ports to your box. Depending on where you try to view the streams, there may also be a firewall blocking those ports.

danped
04-08-14, 23:02
By default, you need to have ports 80 and 8001 open to the box to be able to stream. (At least I needed to open those ports for my Ultimo, I guess they are the same for Solo2). So, check that your router passes traffic for those ports to your box. Depending on where you try to view the streams, there may also be a firewall blocking those ports.

Ahh -I've opened those ports in my router to my box. Well instead of port 80 I've gone with 10842 as I read to use a different random one to port 80. I can log in to stream my box over the web, but from my pc which is on the same LAN, but it doesn't work from my mobile or another pc. I guess this port must somehow be blocked by my isp or router then...

handy
05-08-14, 00:14
For Transcoding it's port 8002.
Also try varying the bit rate & frame rate.