PDA

View Full Version : [Rytec/RyVIX-UK XMLTV] Missing Virgin UK

Allyboy
04-08-14, 15:13
Virgin UK missing from XMLTV providers have updated rytec providers adds 32 but virgin uk not there?

abu baniaz
04-08-14, 16:54
Don't have an answer for your query, but why not use the epg data on the stream instaed of relying on data that is uploaded to a server.

Enable virgin epg in the epg settings. Zap to the pvr_epg channel for 2 mins and you should have 7 days epg, ignore the "chanenl off air" notification You can automate the zapping process by using the epg refresh plugin.

DaMacFunkin
04-08-14, 19:08
The last time i tried The Rytec Virgin xml it populated my ITV HD (Granada) with Anglia information, i requested that Mr Rytec fix it and pointed out the errors but i don't think he did.

ginkster
05-08-14, 10:43
I know this might sound abit of a silly question but where do I find the epg refresh plugin? Ive found the pvr epg channel and got 7 day epg but cant find the refresh plugin to automate the zapping process. Sorry for hijacking thread but that's all im stuck on :)

mikehunt43
05-08-14, 12:45
GO into plugins and download and you will find it in extensions.dowload read the info and config

DaMacFunkin
05-08-14, 14:08
TBH mate the Virgin epg on these boxes isn't that good, for example if a channel makes a schedule change a couple of days before an event, a re run of the sky epg will update it, but no amount of epg refresh will update the virgin channel if it already had the original information, whereas a Genuine Virgin box will when the epg does it's nightly thing... We could do with some sort of purge setting where it will delete all stored virgin epg info and allow to reload afresh from pvr_epg.