PDA

View Full Version : Audio Sync plugin working on any image?

leecovuk
21-11-10, 17:06
Hello,

Does anybody reading this have the Audio Sync plugin working? I consistently find any adjustments I make do not take effect.

If it's working for you, could you please state which image you are using and also the A/V connection method to your TV.

Thank you,
Lee
UK

leecovuk
22-11-10, 17:52
Hello again,

Can I take it then that the Audio Sync plugin is ineffective on the VU+ Duo?
I've found what seems to be the author's Italian page and, using Google to translate, there is this comment on the topic there :

"NOTE: So far only support the drivers of 7025, 800 and 8000 this type of delay.
For all other boxes with E2 Dream plugin is this useless (7020, 600, etc)"

If that's the case, why is the plugin available to download on a VU+ Duo? Do all E2 Dreambox plugins automatically get made available for the VU+ Duo whether they are tested or not?

Thank you,
Lee
UK

Ojustaboo
23-11-10, 21:24
Hmm interesting.

It used to work fine for me. Haven't used it for a while though, have set up audio delay on my surround receiver.

Have just given it a go on both live stereo TV, DD live TV and a recorded film in DD. Your right, it now does absolutely nothing.

Not sure what's changed, used to work very well.

HDMI to TV, Optical to surround amp, exactly the same setup that used to work fine.

Am using vix 1.2 currently, was using Pli when I last tried to use it and it worked.

If I have time tomorrow, will try out a few other images to see whether its a bug in Vix or something else has changed within the plugin its self or some driver update has caused problems (or maybe another plugin is causing it not to work)

Which image are you using?

leecovuk
23-11-10, 22:18
hello Ojustaboo,

Thanks for replying! I finally got a reply! (I've been rather obsessed with this and posted in various places with little success)

Thanks for confirming it does not have any effect for you too.

I'm currently using the (latest) VTI image because I like its implementation of the Kerni-HDIR2 skin, however I have been through various images recently (VIX, PLi) and the Audio Sync plugin seems not to work properly on any of them.

The German author appears to be somebody called Tode at the site i-have-a-dreambox.com
I assume I can't post a link here, but I've made a post on his Audio Sync plugin topic asking for help or advice. I made that post using Google Translate so I doubt it will read very well.
I don't hold out much hope of a reply though, because I made another VU+ related post in their English section and I was promptly told 'We only support dreamboxes' before my topic was immediately closed. Unnecessarily rude, I thought.

I hope somebody can get this plugin working, whether for VTI or any image.
If I had the skills to do so, I would!

Lee
UK

PS Can you recall which PLi image it worked on?

PPS I also emailed an enquiry to the official VU+ support site because the plugin is available in the plugin downloads for the official image. I have yet to hear anything.

Ojustaboo
23-11-10, 22:31
I THINK (not 100% sure) it was one of the one for newbies, possibly

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?524-VuPlus-Support.co.uk-OpenPLi-powered-backup-image-for-newbie%E2%80%99s-12-05-10

leecovuk
24-11-10, 03:45
Thanks;
I'll try and give it a go shortly.
Vix's Andy has replied on another topic and said the plugin is working fine on his latest image but only for AC3.

I need to get that Barry Allen multiboot thing working or something similar ... flashing images back and forth is way too much hard work.

Lee

leecovuk
24-11-10, 17:55
hello again Ojustaboo and/or anybody else interested in this plugin.

I've tested the image Ojustaboo linked to, and also the later PLi image in that sub forum. I didn't update the images. My flashing was via VuUtil using nfi images. No multiboot involved as I have no idea how to install or use such things.

From what I could observe, the plugin didn't work on either AC3 or MPEG audio tracks.

I didn't try setting a delay using the 'bars' then pressing ok, then zapping away and back, because the design of the plugin's UI suggests any delay change should be noticeable before pressing 'ok'. If that's not the case, this plugin is of little use to me anyway and presumably to others.

I'll flash yet again later and try the latest ViX image, seeing as Andy implied the plugin partly works. I asked for clarification of what exactly he meant, but he hasn't posted back yet.
If still no success then, I'll give up on this plugin and also assume that we cannot trust downloadable plugins as having been tested.

Generally I'm somewhat regretting buying this VU+ Duo. It seems I should have been 'braver' and gone for a Dreambox, where I assume all these plugins originate and presumably actually work.
It also seems to be important to be fluent in German rather than English.

Lee
UK

leecovuk
25-11-10, 02:18
I've now tested the latest ViX image, but the same result. Nothing. I or something is obviously going very wrong here.

The other topic is here :-

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?4025-Audio-Sync-plugin-doesn-t-actually-do-anything

Lee

leecovuk
26-11-10, 02:01
ok, I give up. Any meaningful support here is clearly non existant.
I ask repeatedly and clearly for simple help and nobody can even be bothered to test and report their experiences.

Thanks a lot.

There is obviously a bizarre culture of silence here which I do not understand nor have the will to get involved with.

'Use the images or not then you're on your own' is clearly the message.

Oh by the way, the system audio delay settings seem to do nothing either.
Super.