PDA

View Full Version : New Box

jimmtjaxx
03-08-14, 20:51
Hi,
I'm moving house in a month or so into a vergin area so i'm looking at buying a new receiver. I would like a twin sat receiver with also a cable tuner. I currently have a vu duo and vu solo which have been great boxes over the last few years but I want to add the cable option.
Any suggestions would be most welcome. Budget 300ish.

Thanks in advance

j

Larry-G
03-08-14, 21:48
There are quite a few models available now adays capable of accepting a DVB-C tuner, for £300 you could look at the Gigablue or Miraclebox receivers, maybe even a second hand Vu+ Ultimo.

jimmtjaxx
03-08-14, 22:01
Hi m8
Thanks for the reply. Am I right in thinking if I bought the Gigablue (link below) then I would have to buy the additional cable tuner to slot in?

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/combo-digital-cable-terrestrial-satellite-receivers/Gigablue-Combo-HD-Linux-Receivers/GiGaBlue-HD-QUAD-PLUS-Linux-Enigma-2-HD-PVR-Digital-Satellite-Receiver-2-DVB-S-S2-2-C-T-T2-cable-satellite-terrestrial

Thanks

j

Larry-G
03-08-14, 22:19
Hi m8
Thanks for the reply. Am I right in thinking if I bought the Gigablue (link below) then I would have to buy the additional cable tuner to slot in?

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/combo-digital-cable-terrestrial-satellite-receivers/Gigablue-Combo-HD-Linux-Receivers/GiGaBlue-HD-QUAD-PLUS-Linux-Enigma-2-HD-PVR-Digital-Satellite-Receiver-2-DVB-S-S2-2-C-T-T2-cable-satellite-terrestrial

Thanks

j

Yes that's correct, the receiver comes with two fixed satellite tuners and you would need to add more surplus to requirement. I believe it's something like a extra £29 for a single terrestrial / cable combo tuner or £58 for two. But if you order while the sponsor is on Holliday this week you get a tenner off the price of the receiver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nsw9154
04-08-14, 00:45
if you could push your budget to £330 you could get the Golden Interstar LX3 with 2 fixed DBS-S/S2 and 1 C/T/T2 Tuners

jimmtjaxx
04-08-14, 17:54
Thanks for the replies guys. Think it will be either the Gig Quad + or the LX3. Anyone have any experience with either of these two receivers ?

j

nsw9154
04-08-14, 20:26
I have a LX3 and a Duo2 and the LX3 is a very good Receiver and just as capable at a much lower price, I actually wanted 2 LX3's but had no way of separating the remote control signals like you can with the VU+ range of receivers and with them both being used in the same room I had to get a Duo2
I have just done a test with a 3TB hard drive and it worked in the LX3 :D