PDA

View Full Version : Motorized Dish and Fixed Dish with DiSEqC Switch Intall.

CCRobbo
03-08-14, 10:47
Hi all i have a VU+ Duo sat box with a fixed S*Y dish at 28.2e installed above chimney and have just had a motorized 1m dish installed, with motorized dish on LNB A and fixed dish on LNB B.

Problem is where the motorized dish is install behind chimney that is the 28.2e is so cannot receive S*Y, all other satellites are received.

I have a quad LNB on the fixed dish with 2 runs which was going to LNB's A & B when i only had the fixed dish, problem is i would like to watch 1 channel while recording another which is fine if you are watching one on the fixed dish and one on the motorized but if i want to watch and record different channels on the fixed dish i only have 1 output connected from the quad LNB.
Under normal circumstances i would be able to watch S*Y on the fixed dish and record another channel from S*Y on the motorized but that is the only satellite i cannot receive on the motorized dish.

Would i be able to connect a DiSEqC switch on the motorized side to allow both LNB runs from the fixed dish when the motorized is not in use? or is their some sought of splitter?

Please help causing problems indoors ie the missus. LOL.

abu baniaz
03-08-14, 16:05
See this thread.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22414-How-to-combine-a-fixed-and-a-motorised-dish-to-one-coax