PDA

View Full Version : feeds down for maintenance

nipperlocko
02-08-14, 13:22
is it just me that when I go to download plugins it tries then stops with the message feeds down for maintenance???

Larry-G
02-08-14, 13:37
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?38399-OpenViX-Apollo-Updates-and-Changelogs&p=304315&viewfull=1#post304315

nipperlocko
05-08-14, 18:00
Hi phoenix, I have followed the post and deleted the ocram feed but I still cannot download any plugins as it still says feeds are down for maintenance, have you any other ideas for me please, thanks in advance

abu baniaz
05-08-14, 18:01
What image are you using at the moment?

Larry-G
05-08-14, 18:05
If you are using a older image such as ViX 3.0, the feeds have been deleted and you will no longer be able to access any feeds,without updating to a newer image.

Mgblugs
06-08-14, 12:25
I have re-named my ocram feed and also get "feeds down".
I'm on a solo 2 with Apollo 22

wallnut
06-08-14, 12:54
I tried to download from the feeds last night and just had a black screen. So i deleted the ocram feed conf and every thing was back to normal again.

Mgblugs
06-08-14, 13:02
Deleting has worked.

Thanks wallnut.

Marylou
06-08-14, 15:50
Hi Phoenix. I am having the same problem as nipperlocko. I also cannot update software as it says that the feeds are down for maintenance. Any suggestions?

Larry-G
06-08-14, 15:54
Hi Phoenix. I am having the same problem as nipperlocko. I also cannot update software as it says that the feeds are down for maintenance. Any suggestions?

Which image version are you currently using ?, if it's ViX 3.0 or lower then the feeds have been per antsy deleted and you will have to update to a new image to be able to download from the feeds again. If you are using any of the new series images (Zeus, Helios or Apollo) you will need to delete the cram feeds as described above.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

Marylou
06-08-14, 15:58
The image version is 3.0. Could you please tell me how to update the image. Thanks

Larry-G
06-08-14, 16:05
The image version is 3.0. Could you please tell me how to update the image. Thanks

It's the same procedure as flashing any image although you will have to do a full reflash from scratch as a plugins backup from ViX 3.0 is not compatible with any of the newer images.

First make a full image backup of your current setup and keep it safe just in case.
Blue button > ViX > Image manager. Also backup all important files you may need such as cam config files.

You can load the new image either directly from the image manager it self (download the latest Apollo image build 023, the use the restore button to flash it). Or use a USB stick to flash the image.

You can get the images and a full set of tutorials from our download site at www.openvix.co.uk

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

Marylou
11-08-14, 17:42
Hi Pheonix. Could you please explain how to backup cam config file as I have never done this before. Thanks

fraser
11-08-14, 18:11
Hi Everyone.

This is probably not the correct place to post this question, but after lots of searching, i always seem to end up back at this post so apologies in advance.

I have a query regarding updating my image.

I currently have a VU+ Ultimo with an image version: Apollo.003, and I want to upgrade it to the latest image.

I have created a backup via: Menu - Setup - VIX - Backup Manager.
I can see that if i navigate to: Menu - Setup - VIX - Image Manager - Downloads, there is the Apollo.23 update and all i need to do is click download.

Is it really as simple as clicking to download and then it will install automatically after or is there more to it?

In hindsight i am aware that this may be a stupid question if it is that simple but i just wanted to check before i potentially open a big can of worms and screw up my box.

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

judge
11-08-14, 18:39
After the image downloads, press the blue button (restore) in image manager.
When that process completes, the box will reboot into the First Install Wizard, you can then restore the back-up you made.

judge
11-08-14, 18:43
Hi Pheonix. Could you please explain how to backup cam config file as I have never done this before. Thanks

You can use the Backup Manager, blue button -> ViX -> Backup Manager -> green button or manually back up the files you need using FTP.

fraser
12-08-14, 11:26
Thanks for your help.

All seems to be working fine :thumbsup:

Marylou
12-08-14, 13:16
Hi Pheonix. Sorry to be a pest. I downloaded the new image and flashed it to the vu. It would not go past starting, I then flashed tried to flash the recent bootloader but it would not go past reading usb. I then tried to reflash the old image and now the vu wont go past starting. Please can you help

Larry-G
12-08-14, 13:20
Hi Pheonix. Sorry to be a pest. I downloaded the new image and flashed it to the vu. It would not go past starting, I then flashed tried to flash the recent bootloader but it would not go past reading usb. I then tried to reflash the old image and now the vu wont go past starting. Please can you help

Are you sure it is a genuine receiver and not a clone (counterfeit) ?.

Marylou
12-08-14, 14:57
How do I check?

Larry-G
12-08-14, 15:05
where did you buy it from and are there any stickers any where on the receiver giving a version number or a web address where to obtain images ?.

Marylou
12-08-14, 15:43
I bought the box from a guy called Rob North, don't know if thats his real name. There is a sticker on the box with a serial number on it. The only time I get a web address is on start up, on the image