PDA

View Full Version : Could this setup be done

JimboM
01-08-14, 12:49
I'm trying to find the best setup to suit my new home but not sure if what I want to do can in fact be done.

The arrangement is 1x fixed dish, 1x motorised dish, 1x Vu+ Duo and 1x Vu+ Solo2

The Solo2 is the main tuner and watched by all the family but primarily channels on the fixed 28.2 dish (I'm the only one who ever uses the motorised feed)
The Duo is in the second room and is mainly used by me.

What I would like, is to have the Vu+ Duo to have a single feed from each dish and it would be this unit that controls where the motorised dish points.
For the Solo2 I would want it to have a double feed from the fixed dish and a single from the motorised. This is so that the family can watch 28.2 but if they also want to record something else on 28.2 they can. Would this sort of setup be possible, preumably using a DISEQC switch on the Solo2?

Thanks

DaMacFunkin
01-08-14, 12:56
Not really, Why don't you have the duo act as tuner server to the solo2?

timofee
01-08-14, 14:00
Just use the double feed from your 28°e dish into the Solo2. There is no need for a feed from your motorised dish into the Solo2.

You need three feeds in total from the 28°e dish so you need a four output LNB.

JimboM
01-08-14, 14:21
Sorry should have made myself a bit clearer, I do need a feed from the motorised dish to the Solo2 as on the odd occasion I can get near the TV in there I would like to be able to watch other Sats.
Been thinking about it a bit more and can't see why the setup wouldn't work as long as I can set up the Solo2 so that Tuner A is set to fixed and Tuner B operates the DISEQC switch (or vice versa)
I appreciate that I would have no control of the motorised dish from the Solo2 but I'm happy to use the Duo to point the dish in the right direction.

Stanman
01-08-14, 16:59
Only one box can control the motor. not sure if you can use two boxes via diseqx switch but no doubt some one more knowledgeable can answer that.

Also you could achieve the same by the remote plugin to stream the motor channels from your DUO to the solo via LAN

abu baniaz
01-08-14, 18:30
There is a way to make a "slave" satellite receiver view chanenls from a 2nd input from a motorised dish. There was a post a few months back wher Rob gave the suggestion and I sought clarification. I cant find it though.

For now, use remote stream converter so that the solo 2 uses the motorised tuner from the Duo. Works fine over wired network connection, no need for coax.

You can ignore the diseqc switch in diagram, but it allows you to use 28.2 on both inputs without moving the dish. A diseqc switch allows two inputs to one one receiver.