PDA

View Full Version : Picture freezing on local card

tomhick02
31-07-14, 12:24
Hi.. looking for a little help here please. On my VU+ solo2 the picture freezes quiet regularly (at least once a minute) on my local card.
Ecm time from info bar showing 0.079 to 0.089 every time I check it even if picture freezes. if I remove my local card( ahem ahem) I get a more stable picture even though ecm times approx. 0.250.
The only thing I can think of is, in my cccam config file I have this 'SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 5300000 .
Is this a standard setting or will it affect the reading of my card?
Any other ideas?
Rgds
Tom

Forgot to add : I just updated from an early version of 'Zeus' to the latest 'Apollo .023, running CCcam 2.3.0.
And still have the same issue.

redrobin
31-07-14, 12:32
Does the ahem ahem mean that you have access to another card not in your receiver. If so disable that and see if it works properly

tomhick02
31-07-14, 12:33
thanks.. I'll try that..

tomhick02
31-07-14, 12:51
Ok.. what I've tried.. Disabled external lines, changed card from card reader slot 0 to card reader slot 1
none of these changes has made a difference, still seeing regular freeze issues.. any other ideas please?

timofee
31-07-14, 13:20
Try deleting the line SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 5300000 - it is not needed.

If that does not work check your other settings in the cfg file.

tomhick02
31-07-14, 13:58
I'll give it a go, thanks.

tomhick02
31-07-14, 17:41
Thanks a mill 'Timofee' ....that seems to have done the trick.
History channel has been freezing with a few weeks and I watched it with the last half hour and has been rock solid.
Hopefully that's a permanent solution. :)
I'll post again if anything changes..

tomhick02
22-08-14, 00:38
Still having the same issues with picture freezing and lately screen blank for about 10 secs, its only showing intermittently but happens for a while and then it disappears again for while. Looking at another post here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40000-Intermittent-Flashing-Recording
symptoms look similar to mine only i've never seen the recording light come on. I dont have any streaming over the internet plugins installed.
I will tomorrow if I am able, check via telnet to see my traffic out from my box .

Has anyone any suggestions on what may be causing this or other things i can check for?
Thanks
T

judge
22-08-14, 01:10
If the recording light comes on & no recordings are being done, someone is using the box to view another channel.
Block their access & issue solved.

tomhick02
21-09-14, 20:41
I'm still having the same issue with picture freezing, thinking its either the card reader in my Vu+ Solo 2 or could my sky card be on its way out?
I'll try get a lend of another one and see if i'm haveing the same issue - anyone else having similar problem?
Still on Apollo 23, might work perfect for two hours then rubbish for another hour all at rendom times missing an ecm every minute to two minutes...driving me nuts at this stage..
Anyone have any othe ideas please?

chaser
21-09-14, 22:12
Personally, I'd recommend switching to OSCAM. It's a bit of a steep learning curve, but it's very stable for most needs. I've never actually used cccam so can't offer any help there, but can give you guidance on setting up OSCAM.

tomhick02
21-09-14, 23:06
ya, cheers, might give it a go week after next .. too busy for the week ahead, ill have a go at setting it up and playing with it on my vu duo first, to see does it make a diff!!
Must be worth a try at this stage.

timofee
22-09-14, 16:54
No harm in trying OScam, except I would agree with above comment that OScam is an extremely steep learning curve - especially if you want to keep your card updated as there is a lot of wrong/incomplete information about that subject.

But there is no reason why you can't get CCcam to work smoothly in a Duo - unless you have some conflicts in your cccam.cfg file. This forum's rules mean that that topic can't be discussed in any detail. But before leaving CCcam you could try something - eliminate all your cfg data except for that needed to get your card to work. Test that out over a day or two and see what happens.

Larry-G
22-09-14, 18:01
This forum's rules mean that that topic can't be discussed in any detail.

Actually that's incorrect. We do allow discussions where a user wants to setup his own local card on a single machine but we do draw the line at any and all card sharing discussions.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

tomhick02
22-09-14, 22:10
I'll set up a new cccam.config file on my Vu Solo2 which is my main stb first and see does it make a difference with just the basic details and see what happens.
Bout time anyway that i learned how to run oscam so ill def have a go off it when i get some time to myself, thanks all for yere comments.

satmanbasil
22-09-14, 22:57
Hi mate

some of your problems could be with broadcaster using ecm to knock out cards in sharing sometime you can have days without any problem and the next what you describe with regular freezing

tomhick02
23-09-14, 01:08
Cheers satmanbasil. Tbh I though only issue was all Hd chans gone as i haven't seen anyone else complaining of the same issues as me, knew my mate was missing the odd ecm on his card but havent been talking to him in a while, I'll check it out, thanks.

timofee
23-09-14, 19:01
A properly set up UK card should be 100% solid 100% of the time in a VU box.

It can be affected by other data in the cfg file which is what I referred to above - but as I said before I am not able to provide any more information here for very sound legal reasons.