PDA

View Full Version : How to organise recordings

nas_matko
21-11-10, 14:42
I am recording some short moves like Tiny Planets and Barney for my little daughter. Since most of this is 5 and 20 mins respectively long, I am ending up having plenty of recordings and its very difficult to locate what I need.

Is there any way how to organise these recording in folders? I mean if I press R button on remote to bring recordings list, I will see folders like Tiny and Barney etc.?

Thank you for your help.

DrProzac
21-11-10, 15:10
I think you can TAG the recordings once they have been done, but I've never looked into this in any great details.
From memory on the recordings folder you press the blue button on the file you wish to tag and then add a description or something like that.

Can't get to the box at the moment to have a look though, but it might help point you in the right direction.

dfdream
21-11-10, 16:40
Or you can also do this.
Create a folder on the HDD of the VU in the movie folder "\\BM750\Harddisk\movie" and call it say "Kids Programs".
The create the sub folders for the programs you require.
Then either move the videos into the correct folder in the new structure using FileZilla or browsing to \\BM750\Harddisk if you have samba installed.
If you are using timer recordings then edit them and change the location option to save them in the new folder or subfolder you created.
Then go into the recordings menu and the folder "Kids Programs" should be there.
Click into it to see the recordings you moved or recorded to there.

nas_matko
21-11-10, 19:21
I have tried that - I created sub-folder in hdd/movie but unfortunately I can't access them using R button.
Should I map it somewhere, or activate or something?

It looks like tagging is only possible with extra plugin.

nas_matko
23-11-10, 22:59
Anybody else some tips please? It's not a life threatening situation, but I would like to solve this little inconvenience.

dfdream
23-11-10, 23:08
Is it you want to be able to select the destination folder of a recording in the menu on pressing the record button ?

If yes I think this would involve editing the image.

The norm for the images is that you only can set one location for recordings in the setup.

Sorry

andyblac
23-11-10, 23:25
when you setup a timer, you should be able to have it record to a specific folder.

pooface
23-11-10, 23:26
If you use the advice given from dfdream in post 3, then you will achieve what you want. I find it easiest to navigate the recordings when using either the vix image with the modified recordings menu, or using the suomipoeka enhanced movielist plugin. Both these options allow you to navigate sub-folders within the /media/hdd/movie folder, and should achieve what you want...

nas_matko
23-11-10, 23:30
If you use the advice given from dfdream in post 3, then you will achieve what you want. I find it easiest to navigate the recordings when using either the vix image with the modified recordings menu, or using the suomipoeka enhanced movielist plugin. Both these options allow you to navigate sub-folders within the /media/hdd/movie folder, and should achieve what you want...
I did exactly what was recommnede in post 3, but unfortunatelly I can't access those folders via Recording list button (although I can with media player).
Suomipoeka movielist plugin wasn't mentioned there, I am going to try it now, thanks.

pooface
23-11-10, 23:38
I did exactly what was recommnede in post 3, but unfortunatelly I can't access those folders via Recording list button (although I can with media player).
Suomipoeka movielist plugin wasn't mentioned there, I am going to try it now, thanks.

If the folder you created is located in /media/hdd/movie, then it will work with the suomipoeka plugin. However, I find it easiest to just use the in built movie list in the vix image. But, if you're not using this image, then the suomipoeka plugin is the next best thing ;) Another way to get to different folders, is to press the R button twice, the channel + button, and then highlight the folder you want to movie to. Then, press green, and it will show all recordings in that folder. I think this works with all images, but not 100%... Just not as neat & tidy :p

nas_matko
24-11-10, 10:08
I have installed suomi but on VTI 2.2 with deafult skin it looks horrible. I ended up having yellow fonts with some undefined color outline on white background, almost unable to read.

Is this VTI problem, or can you customise the look of this plugin?

nas_matko
25-11-10, 21:49
I have solved this issue - it's a skin problem. I have installed different skin and everything is nice and smooth.

Is there a way to override Recording list button with Suomi, so when I press it, I will get suomi instead of default browser?