PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Twin HD] Tuner B loses signal and stops working

penfolduk
31-07-14, 09:13
bought box a few weeks ago from World of satelilte

Box has x2 DVB-C tuners in and after a length of time TUNER B drops signal strength to 26% and doesn't record

tried swapping tuners over inside box - still the same

tried making TUNER B the primary tuner but then TUNER A does the same as well signal drops to 26%

have to hard boot box to get it back working

please help missing loads of stuff recording as theres no indication anywhere that tuner has dropped signal till i come to watch recorded stuff

bassethound
31-07-14, 09:26
Have you tried changing the cable splitter if you are using one as some are really rubbish

i use a aerial patch cable from tuner A to B so don't need 2 feeds off the splitter for my cable boxes which i find helps with signal loss

Sicilian
31-07-14, 09:44
If using a loopthru patch cable use decent quality coax.

penfolduk
31-07-14, 09:54
Have you tried changing the cable splitter if you are using one as some are really rubbish

i use a aerial patch cable from tuner A to B so don't need 2 feeds off the splitter for my cable boxes which i find helps with signal loss

will try splitter change first then patch cable

thanks for advice

penfolduk
02-08-14, 13:37
looks like it was the splitter changed it and now everything seems to be working ok now

DaMacFunkin
02-08-14, 19:12
If in the future you find you can't tune the odd channel on tuner B whilst tuner A is also in use drop me a line, I use a powered splitter, it is really good for the money I paid.

davy28
02-08-14, 20:53
What powered splitter would you recommend and where did you purchase said item.

Cheers