PDA

View Full Version : Plex Server - not player - such a thing exist?

meggiedude
31-07-14, 08:41
Hi there,

I have a Vu+ Duo.

I know that you can install DreamPlex which is a plex client, but is there a plugin for a Plex server? :confused:

I have a Now TV box installed in the kitchen and (after setting up Development mode on it), have installed a Plex client.
It would be great if I could stream stuff from the Duo to that TV, and other Plex clients around the house.

Cheers

MD

Trial
31-07-14, 08:59
Hi,
plex server is not open source there is no such thing as a server for an E2 box. Nice solution would be a NAS which has Plex-Server.

ciao

meggiedude
31-07-14, 09:10
Hi,
plex server is not open source there is no such thing as a server for an E2 box. Nice solution would be a NAS which has Plex-Server.

ciao
OK. Cheers
S'a'pity. Yes I have a Zyxel NAS which I guess I could get setup with Plex, but was hoping for a direct link to the Sat box recordings. Didn't really want to sync these TV recordings to a NAS to get to them the Now TV box.

Trial
31-07-14, 11:25
Hi,
configure your box to use NAS as HDD replacement over ethernet so no sync needed.

ciao

stevie65
31-07-14, 20:33
I stream from my E2 box to plex and it works well once you have set it up correctly. Do a search on the plex forums for "Dreambox plugin 0.1" ;)

Steve.

cooa99
06-09-14, 00:45
I stream from my E2 box to plex and it works well once you have set it up correctly. Do a search on the plex forums for "Dreambox plugin 0.1" ;)

Steve.

i have been on the website and can't understand how to install the thing. Any idea?, i am using a mac

cheers

stevie65
06-09-14, 07:16
i have been on the website and can't understand how to install the thing. Any idea?, i am using a mac

cheers
Using the Finder's "Go" menu, select Go To Folder... then enter the following in the dialog box that pops up:

~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-Ins

Steve

cooa99
08-09-14, 23:27
Thanks,

now works

stevie65
09-09-14, 05:29
Thanks,

now works

No problem. It is very useful because it is an easy way to get access to your box while you are out and about. I use the plex ios app on my Iphone & Ipad and it works flawlessly.

Steve.

josweet
30-11-14, 22:35
Having also bought a NOWTV box just so i can watch x264 content stored on my Xtrend 9000 hdd, could some help me install this server as i cant find a link from where to download --https://github.com/sander1/Dreambox.bundle

meggiedude
14-12-14, 14:43
Going back my old thread here. I also have the same requirement as josweet.
I have Plex client plugin loaded on my Now TV box in the kitchen and want to stream from my Vu+ Duo in the lounge.

I have pulled the Dreambox.bundle-master from the github site (mentioned above), and was expecting this to be a .ipk to load on the DUO, but its an unpacked set of code by the looks of things.

So how do I load and initiate it on my enigma2 box - or am I missing something obvious?

jonnyflash
30-12-14, 10:47
I am stuck with this too, trying to get my VuSolo2 to stream to chromecast

duoduo
30-12-14, 11:48
I am stuck with this too, trying to get my VuSolo2 to stream to chromecast

Surely you would need a chromecast app/plugin on your receiver running to send anything to a chromecast device? I'm not sure if there is anything available similar to this.

imish
03-01-15, 18:07

cheers

How did you connect your receiver to your Plex Server?

rossi2000
03-01-15, 18:09
dreamplex is in the feeds

imish
03-01-15, 20:40
dreamplex is in the feeds

Isn't that just a client?

"It would be great if I could stream stuff from the Duo to that TV, and other Plex clients around the house."

similar to the OP - I would like to enable the receiver as a channel / plugin within PLEX server (in my case my NAS) in order to view from mobile plex clients.

rossi2000
03-01-15, 20:48
dreamplex is needed for what you asked in #14

imish
03-01-15, 20:50
dreamplex is needed for what you asked in #14

Downloaded the dreamplex plugin from the feeds and its on the receiver.

How do I set it up as per post 16?

rossi2000
03-01-15, 20:54
dreamplex connects your reciever to plex servers.
as far as i know, there isnt a server for recievers. i havent checked.

imish
03-01-15, 20:57
dreamplex connects your reciever to plex servers.
as far as i know, there isnt a server for recievers. i havent checked.

No my friend - not looking to run PLEX server on the receiver.

The server is running on a NAS box. I thought the intention of this thread was to broadcast the receiver TV stream through PLEX to the PLEX clients?

rossi2000
03-01-15, 21:04
ive no idea heh i just responded to your question in #14 :)

s31teg
03-01-15, 22:28
I thought the intention of this thread was to broadcast the receiver TV stream through PLEX to the PLEX clients?

I wish then my pc plex could take care of transcoding and watching tv on my phone, I have looked for this with no luck.

Also thanks @rossi2000 for the HD theme at https://github.com/rossi2000/DreamPlexSkins i just seen this and i hope it fixes this plugin to make it full screen

rossi2000
03-01-15, 22:34
all those skins are in the feeds in the skinpacks section

s31teg
03-01-15, 22:51
all those skins are in the feeds in the skinpacks section

Ah perfect, I need to update my from the last HD version to the new merged version then. Thanks!