PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Spinning VIX logo

wbarrett
30-07-14, 23:46
I did an ftp into /etc/opkg and deleted ocram.config to get around the server is down for maintenance timeout.

After deleting that configuration file, the one step reflash and settings restore and picons all worked fine.

However, I am getting the fast spinning VIX logo so I reverted back to 22. The spinning logo pops up almost continually without any input on my part.

===
Bill

timofee
31-07-14, 13:42
Can't think of a easy solution.

If no one can think of anything better you will have to try a complete reload from scratch using a USB stick. Don't do a settings restore, set everything up from the start again.

wbarrett
31-07-14, 13:51
I am sticking with 22 until 24 comes out

===
Bill

wbarrett
31-07-14, 15:52
OK... just to test this out I loaded 23 via USB and rebuilt the system from scratch. I get same thing. The VIX logo spins rapidly and stays on the screen almost all the time. It does this without loading MatrixHD skin.

Restored back to 22 and all works as designed.

===
Bill

timofee
31-07-14, 18:17
Sorry it did not work. Seems to be a problem with the 023 image and ocram.

I agree with you, best idea is to wait for Apollo 024 to come out.

satmanbasil
31-07-14, 23:17
Hi mate

did the delete of the file which is causing the non update then managed to load build 23 online update on reboot just the normal spinning vix icon at the start nothing happening after that did this on my solo 2 and duo both working fine could it be skin related try another skin

satmanbasil
01-08-14, 00:13
Hi mate

did the delete of the file which is causing the non update then managed to load build 23 online update on reboot just the normal spinning vix icon at the start nothing happening after that did this on my solo 2 and duo both working fine could it be skin related try another skin

Silent
01-08-14, 09:59
Unsure if it's related, but on 023 on the Quad Plus I also had tons of spinning VIX's and crashes. Went back to 022 and it's perfect again.

I've got to be honest I didn't really look into anything, just flashed my 022 backup.

wbarrett
01-08-14, 13:01
The spin is not tied to the skin. It does it with or without.

===
Bill

femilovechild
03-08-14, 09:47
Spins here too. Apollo 023

cactikid
03-08-14, 09:53
when i had that on earlier vix spinning vix was fixed for me by rebooting/off at rear box and modem as it might be a bug stored?

wbarrett
03-08-14, 19:01
I have seen that work too cactikid.... Not on 23 though. If you have it, it definitely is obvious and the usual tricks like full power down reboot does not help.

===
Bill

ReelMaN
03-08-14, 20:31
I try 22 and 23 update . They run well image is fast and not one vix spinning here .Look at your and to fix the problem

wbarrett
14-08-14, 23:42
Glad to report the spinning logo bug is not in the 24 release! I did a 22 to 24 online update and settings restore on my Duo2 and it worked perfectly.

===
Bill

judge
15-08-14, 00:10
Glad to report the spinning logo bug is not in the 24 release! I did a 22 to 24 online update and settings restore on my Duo2 and it worked perfectly.

===
Bill

There is no 'spinning logo bug'? Spinning logo = something done wrong on the box.

wbarrett
15-08-14, 15:02
What I saw in 23 was a spinning logo going maybe 10x faster than normal... it stuttered on and off on the screen and definitely popped in and out whenever the remote keys were pressed. So I do not know what "something done wrong *on* the box" means but it definitely was in version 23 and not in 22 nor is 24 at least in my particular Duo2 that is not modified from what Vu+ built at the factory. I also not that other saw same bug-like behavior on completely different Vu+ boxes.

If it offends any of the beta testers that I called it a bug when they think it is because of my actions I apologize.

If this helps someone great... if not, that is fine too.

===
Bill

sublimecantona
17-08-14, 19:58
im getting spinning logo as well and Im on apollo 23 - my set up is this
ventonHD2 box with DVB-S and DVB-C tuner - I was getting tuner not free on my DVB-S tuner - and randomly getting VIX logo spinning. I restarted enigma via command line (init 4 & init 3) which seemed to resolve but only for few mins. then I found a thread on here relating to tuner not free which stated that it could be caused by having the streaming port open on the router (which i did have) and someone hacking into the tuner. I did netstat -an on my box and saw the fookers IP and so blocked the port on the router and since then my tuner has become free and spinning VIX logo has gone.

Im not sure 100% if the 2 are related BUT thats what happened on my box and now sorted.

SC

Larry-G
23-08-14, 09:57
If it offends any of the beta testers that I called it a bug when they think it is because of my actions I apologize.

If this helps someone great... if not, that is fine too.

===
Bill

Of course it does not offend us, we actually want people to submit bug reports. The issue here is wether or not any one is able to reproduce your results, I certainly can't with any of my receivers, then again I don't have same receiver as you so I can't agree or disagree with your findings.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

nsw9154
23-08-14, 10:30
I also had the spinning vix logo on both my LX3 and Duo2 on Apollo23 it mainly happened when I was doing a ABM update but never got a crash log but Apollo 24 seems fine