PDA

View Full Version : vu+ duo stuck in a loop

jkplatt
30-07-14, 17:57
hi, my duo + suddenly decided to reboot its self then hangs on : starting up displayed with 3 dots :
i tried a few new images un- to 3 usb sticks loaded on the front but always met by it initially reading the usb but then going back to words starting up
i then down-loaded a boot loader and put this in the rear usb power up says reading usb initisiling finished then says remove usb and reboot

reboot and im met with starting up again displayed and hanging

any solutions would be welcome

Andy_Hazza
30-07-14, 19:51
Do you know if it's a legit or a clone box?

satmanbasil
30-07-14, 22:07
reflash without your hard disk drive attached if you have one and any usb sticks in the back used for picons then reflash with latest image see if this gets you past that stage

jkplatt
30-07-14, 23:38
hi guys 100% genuine picked up from world of sat at herts flashing it with no usb or external hdd attached

jkplatt
31-07-14, 17:23
does have an internal 500gb hard drive ??

jkplatt
31-07-14, 20:25
Hi guys quick update. Seems after I load new reboot file onto USB then flashed it. It was taking that stage 1 fine then asking for me to reboot. However what I didn't realise was that still having the reboot loader on it along side the image I was trying to load. It just kept starting from scratch ie stage 1. Boot loader.i then realised at this stage to edit my USB on my PCM and remove the rebooted file and hey presto new image loaded, Just now 2 hours of reading stickies to load cams and channels etc etc. thanks again for the initial suggestions

cactikid
01-08-14, 00:58
dont think i would have had 2 files on board,if needed bootloader loaded first then when asked to reboot power off at rear and remove usb power on and let it reboot ,when done format usb load file to usb and insert into box while powered off then on and flash box as per the stickies/tuts.:thumbsup:

Larry-G
06-08-14, 16:40
dont think i would have had 2 files on board,if needed bootloader loaded first then when asked to reboot power off at rear and remove usb power on and let it reboot ,when done format usb load file to usb and insert into box while powered off then on and flash box as per the stickies/tuts.:thumbsup:

Correct, you should never load a bootloader and image at the same time, a boot loader is akin to a bios on a PC and if this goes wrong you will kill the receiver. So always load the bootloader first and on its own, then load the new image.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD