PDA

View Full Version : missing channels

steveycarr
29-07-14, 23:53
Hi guys,

Just purchased a vu+ solo 2 box last week, upģraded from a skybox, i've managed to get it basically all sorted with vix image and mgcamd installed and enabled, however I'm sort of missing some sly channels for eg. sly sports 4 sd and several others, 1 2 and 3 are fine. Ive used the autoboquet maker and got what seems to be a nice tidy epg but these missing channels are driving me nuts after 3 days trying to get set up I'm nearly ready for the bridge.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Stevey

cactikid
30-07-14, 00:31
sometimes one uses kingofsat to get channel info you can do a manual search to add it in.

http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

DaMacFunkin
30-07-14, 08:21
Do you have any other bouquets installed such as cats eyes?

steveycarr
30-07-14, 22:52
Thanks for the replies, I've got no other bouquet s installed. I'm sorted tempted to do a ful setup from scratch again, I'll try the bouquet you suggested first though.

abu baniaz
30-07-14, 23:06
How many channels do you get when you perform a scan?

steveycarr
30-07-14, 23:14
Thanks for the replies, I've got no other bouquet s installed. I'm sorted tempted to do a ful setup from scratch again, I'll try the bouquet you suggested first though.

steveycarr
30-07-14, 23:24
I think, off the top of my head 960 ish, I would have to check to be sure, does that sound about right?

abu baniaz
30-07-14, 23:36
That's about right. I should have mentioned that I was asking about conventional scan, not ABM "scan".

steveycarr
05-08-14, 00:09
Hi,

sorry it's took me a while to get back, I've just spent another two days pulling my hair out.

Here's where I am so far,

upgraded box with latest image openvix-Apollo.023-vusolo2_usb.zip, ran the basic setup wizard, not scanning for channels, ftp'd enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk into tmp folder, ftp'd newcamd.list and mfg.cfg into my usr/keys folder. enabled enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk and ticked the box for autostart.

uploaded 28.2 channel list dated 2/7/2014 using dreamedit. I have the vast majority of sly channels but some are still not working even though there in the list/bouquet particularly in movies...some others are missing for example discovery shed. I've tried different lists, used the auto bouquet maker, I just cant seem to get all the channels. ive flashed the box several times, done a full scan using the wizard, , still no joy, line ok coz still works fine in skybox f5.

I'm just about ready to put this on ebsy or worse. any help would be much appreciated.

abu baniaz
05-08-14, 01:58
Ftping a channel list removes any existing channels. You are better off just using ABM. If you must transfer a chanenl list, run ABM after the transfer.

Is this a case of chanenls are listed but are not viewable? Which channels? Are you sure you card has not been paired to an HD receiver?

cactikid
05-08-14, 10:37
nobody has asked if these channels work on skybox?,if i were to scan sat to get all the channels i would recheck
the all section for those non working ones and there maybe more than 1 or 2 but on different tp and frequency.
running abm are you using correct area chosen?

steveycarr
05-08-14, 13:07
Hi,

First of all thanks for all your help here with this issue,

Can I delete the channel list without re-flasing the box? If so, I'll take your advice I'll delete the list then run the ABM, even though I've tried it before, in fact I've tried every way I know. I'm sure I'm just missing something, bought the VU from World of Satellite. Channels that are missing are for example, Sky Movies SciFi, Discovery Shed... and loads of others but I do have all the sports channels, except BT Sport 2, Eurosport, ESPN... etc.. Theres no pattern its just some random channles missing. I'm not using a Card just my line exported from my Skybox F5 which is now offline in the cupboard, If I bring it back online I have all the channels, none missing. I'm begining to lose the will to live... I cant see it being the box, all the FTA's are fine and of course most of the sly channels.

Cheers

cactikid
05-08-14, 13:17
you could try swapping twin feeds over in case one is faulty,another autoscan will overwrite your all list and when finished recheck your all listing again for those non working ones,how old are your cable and dish?

steveycarr
05-08-14, 14:25
Cactikid,

I'll try swapping the feeds around, my dish/lnb i think is ok because i have a sky hd box in another room, no issues with it, although i dont have a full subscription, just the family pack and all HD stuff.

I'm a bit confused, punch drunk maybe, should I do a full autoscan to download all the channnels then use the ABM to tidy it up? I'm using the Tyne Area as I live in Tyneside, the ABM selects BBC1 NE & Cumbria which is correct. I'm sure I've been to all channels and the channels are in the list but no picture.

Cheers

Larry-G
05-08-14, 15:20
Hi,

First of all thanks for all your help here with this issue,

Can I delete the channel list without re-flasing the box? If so, I'll take your advice I'll delete the list then run the ABM, even though I've tried it before, in fact I've tried every way I know. I'm sure I'm just missing something, bought the VU from World of Satellite. Channels that are missing are for example, Sky Movies SciFi, Discovery Shed... and loads of others but I do have all the sports channels, except BT Sport 2, Eurosport, ESPN... etc.. Theres no pattern its just some random channles missing. I'm not using a Card just my line exported from my Skybox F5 which is now offline in the cupboard, If I bring it back online I have all the channels, none missing. I'm begining to lose the will to live... I cant see it being the box, all the FTA's are fine and of course most of the sly channels.

Cheers

Please watch where you are going with this thread with regard to talk of lines etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Huevos
05-08-14, 16:08
Is this a case of chanenls are listed but are not viewable?@Steveycarr, please answer this question as it is key to diagnosing your problem.

steveycarr
05-08-14, 16:11
Hi,

Yes the Channels are listed but no picture...

Cheers

Larry-G
05-08-14, 16:22
Hi,

Yes the Channels are listed but no picture...

Cheers

Then there is no problem with the receiver it self but with the illegal means by which you obtain your pay TV channels and as such I am ending this thread as per the forum rules.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cactikid
06-08-14, 09:46
in case you scared him off:eek: he posted this elsewhere.

"
Thanks for your help, All sorted now, started from scratch again, used the ABM, installed a different version of mgcamd "enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd-1.38c_openvix_all.ipk", i had been using "enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk" enabled it and somehow they all now work.

Cheers "

Larry-G
06-08-14, 14:26
in case you scared him off:eek: he posted this elsewhere.

"

Yes as I said it was not a image or hardware issue but entirely down to the illegal method by which he obtains his pay TV channels.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD