PDA

View Full Version : Problems Locating EUROBIRD 16.0 E at 15.8 E / EUTALSAT

kwano888
21-11-10, 12:52
I have very strong signals for Astra 19.2E (SNR 90%), Astra 2 28.2E (SNR 82%) and Hotbird 13.0E (SNR 94%). However, I am struggling to locate EUROBIRD 16.0E.

Is Hotbird 13.0E very close to EUROBIRD 16.0E ? I seem to pick up something quite close to HOTBIRD slightly east of HOTBIRD but I cannot seem to pick up any signal / channels. I have looked on kingofsat.net and lyngsat.com to check which channels are available Free to Air and it looks like there is just a few (Info TV, Carli TV, SOS Kanal etc).

Any tips and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Larry-G
21-11-10, 13:01
do you have the transponder data for 16 east within your satellites.xml file ?.

if i were you the first thing i would do would be to generate a new satellites.xml file covering all the satellites you want to receive. load that onto your box,
then go from there

kwano888
22-11-10, 12:12
Yes I have checked the satellites.xml file and the data is present. To make sure I downloaded a fresh copy of the handful of satellites I want (only 5) including EUROBIRD 16.0E (15.8E), ftp'd and rebooted the box. Still getting no channels although I think I am finding the satellite in Satfinder (which I assume it is 3.0 E of HOTBIRD ?).

The other thing I have noticed is when you look at the list of Satellites (when you press the Green button) it shows the other 4 satellites I chose as :-

Thor 5/6Intelsat 10-02(0.8W) - Services
Thor 5/6Intelsat 10-02(0.8W) - Providers
Thor 5/6Intelsat 10-02(0.8W) - New

Hotbird 6/8/9 (13.0E) - Services
Hotbird 6/8/9 (13.0E) - Providers
Hotbird 6/8/9 (13.0E) - New

Astra 1H/1KR/1L/1M (19.2E) - Services
Astra 1H/1KR/1L/1M (19.2E) - Providers
Astra 1H/1KR/1L/1M (19.2E) - New

Astra 2A/2B/2D/Eurobird 1 (28.2E) - Services
Astra 2A/2B/2D/Eurobird 1 (28.2E) - Providers
Astra 2A/2B/2D/Eurobird 1 (28.2E) - New

Whereas the one for EUROBIRD, the narrative is shown as :-

16.0E - Services
16.0E - Providers
16.0E - New

Although the channels are present and appear to look fine when selecting Services. Not sure whether this has something to do with it as the other 4 shows the full narrative as per the satellites.xml file. When looking at the satellites.xml file, the one for EUROBIRD 16.0E shows "Eurobird 16/Eutelsat Sesat 1/Eutelsat W2M (15.8E)" which isn't shown like this like the other four satellites ?

Can anyone shed any further light ? Also can anyone confirm which FTA are available on EUROBIRD 16.0E so I can test.

Curious123
22-11-10, 13:35
I had a similar with 28.2E once on dm600 when I changed from the Pli image to Nabilo Darkstar II image. I found that Pli were coding there as 28.2E and Nabilo were coding as 28.4E so it didn't recognise my settings and also when I tried to do a scan it didn't appear in the list. I managed to get round the problem doing edit of the transponder edit settings by changing 282 to 284 and then it recognised the sat. Perhaps you need to do something similar with the VU+.

martyd
22-11-10, 14:38
common problem this make sure your satxml matches your settings as stated

kwano888
22-11-10, 21:59
I now have this resolved :)

I did have the correct satellite in the end.

1. What I did is print off all the channels available on EUROBIRD 16.0E (I used Lyngsat.com) to establish Frequency, Polarisation, Symbol Rate and FEC of each channel available.

2. I located HOTBIRD 13.0E in Satfinder (being the closest satellite). Then in Positioner setup I gradually using the step mode, stepped EAST until I lost the locked signal on HOTBIRD and found the next Satellite (fingers crossed !) being EUROBIRD 16.0E.

3. Go to Manual Scan, selected EUROBIRD 16.0E, and from my channel list selected the first Channel and inserted the Frequency, Polarisation, Symbol Rate and FEC for that particular channel and then performed a manual search. Hey presto channels found ! Completed a manual scan for each channel on the list changing the Frequency, Polarisation, Symbol Rate and FEC for each one.

4. Eventually complied a completed list of channels available. This was a little time consuming but worked for me.

When I returned to the Satellite list (Green button) EUROBIRD 16.0E was showing just like the others as follows :-

Eurobird 16/Eutelsat Sesat 1/Eutelsat W2M (15.8E) - Services
Eurobird 16/Eutelsat Sesat 1/Eutelsat W2M (15.8E) - Providers
Eurobird 16/Eutelsat Sesat 1/Eutelsat W2M (15.8E) - New

Looks like I needed to force search to find the channels as the ones in the original list or in the bouquet did not originally pick them up.

Hope this helps someone which may have a similiar problem.