PDA

View Full Version : Tm twin remote

kendo75
28-07-14, 18:54
Hi guys i was having problems with my tm twin remote(my 18 month old son launched it across the room) the stb and number 3 button became non responsive sometimes,So i purchased another,Do i have to program this to the box? It just won't control the box,I did notice that the old remote had some numbers inside the battery compartment which are ep11-42,43,44,45,46 The new remote is ep12-26,27,28,29,30 i'm wondering if this is the problem,But then again i would of thought if the remote is for a tm twin it should work
Any help would be much appreciated

gilvey
28-07-14, 20:24
Try pressing Ok and 0 that worked for me

kendo75
28-07-14, 22:30
Tried that no joy,the company I got it from tell me I have to hold menu button on receiver untill I get an on screen message but that's not working either

kendo75
30-07-14, 22:11
After speaking to Technomate they told me to press the menu button on the box 6 times quickly and it will change the frequency of the remote,The only problem is it'll only work on a 4d image,Is there any way this can be done on vix? Because as soon as i flash back to vix it defaults to the original remote

gilvey
31-07-14, 05:19
When I changed to vix I pressed Ok and zero and it works. Was a pain setting my box up with my phone. Btw I'm using the skinny black remote

kendo75
31-07-14, 08:16
Tried everything using vix image but can't get new remote to work,but as said if I flash 4d I can change the remote type by pressing menu on box 6 times,when I did this the box was set for the tm 2t remote of I set it to tm twin remote it wouldn't work ,so although New remote is marked as tm twin it's frequency is for tm 2t,and to be honest I don't want to use 4d vix is so much better

gilvey
31-07-14, 13:59
Sounds like you need to send it back if it ain't working. Btw how much did you pay and where from? I'm looking for another one

kendo75
31-07-14, 15:40
It's working if I change remote type on 4d image,but you can't change remote type in vix,unless someone knows a way,it was £28 delivered from satellitetvshop site couple of quid less than direct from technomate

abu baniaz
31-07-14, 16:12
They have sent you a remote for a 2T. I would get a refund under the sales of goods act. It is obviously not working on a TM Twin unless you tell the receiver to use a different freqeuncy. What does the front of the remote say? Its not the first time we have seen this issue.

I have posted in the TM beta section asking for them to make the package available for non 4D images. Hope they respond.

kendo75
31-07-14, 17:02
The front of the remote says tm twin,so in all fairness as far as the seller is concerned it is a remote for the tm twin

kendo75
31-07-14, 19:33
Thanks Abu

abu baniaz
31-07-14, 20:05
Although not the sellers fault, he has sent you a remote that is not what it is advertised as. The fault is with the Manufacturer/Supplier. It's your money so choice is yours whether you pursue the matter or not. You should not even have to pay return postage either.

Richard is abroad until late next week, and according to response in the thread in TM beta section, TM were asked months back for the feature. So don't hold your breath for a fix.

kendo75
31-07-14, 22:01
I'll contact the seller and see what he's got to say

gilvey
01-08-14, 10:30
My remote works fine with vix appollo. Although as i stated before I had to press Ok and 0 to make the remote work, after I had set vix up using my phone if that helps

gilvey
09-08-14, 11:57
Ok I've just updated to openvix appollo 023. The remote wouldn't work even when pressing Ok and 0. The remote was showing in the display as working though. So . Powered down by holding the front power button on. Then when I restarted and when back to setup page the remote works a treat. See if that works for you mate.

kendo75
09-08-14, 15:25
Thanks for that gilvey but it was proven that my remote was mislabeled as a tm twin when it was in fact a tm 2t remote,you can change the box frequency on the 4d image to suit the remote but as I'm running vix and want to stay that way the supplier is sending another remote which is being tested before sending

gilvey
09-08-14, 21:44
What are you running yours on? I'm in the process of putting vix apollo 022 back on. 023 keeps crashing and freezing up!

judge
09-08-14, 21:53
023 keeps crashing and freezing up!

Reports like these are pretty useless. 023 runs without any crashes or freezing all TM boxes I've tried.
Crash logs of when the crash happens, debug logs of when the freeze happens, uploaded here would get you a solution a lot faster than reverting to older builds.

kendo75
09-08-14, 22:12
On 023 mate not had a crash or freeze at all

gilvey
09-08-14, 22:24
I had it all set up. Set auto timers. Went to epg and it froze up then went into a continuous boot up loop

judge
09-08-14, 22:27
then went into a continuous boot up loop

continuous boot up loop = continuous crash logs.
Stored by default in /home/root/logs/
If you want help with the issue, you really need to upload one, otherwise it's just guess work.

abu baniaz
09-08-14, 22:40
Best to start new thread as well. See link below. TMs working fine on Apollo 23. Couple of minor issues.

Doubt remote would cause boot loop. Thread closed.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/announcement.php?a=9