PDA

View Full Version : Possible better webstream solution?

hifial
21-11-10, 01:14
I am trying to Improve my web streaming of my Duo and came across this site it seems this guy has something based on Dreambox that looks good. However my Linux knowledge is nil!!

http://theyosh.nl/projects/dreambox-restream

Could someone have a look and see if this could be applied to the duo?

If so could we create a guide to do it for luddites like me?

Thanks

silverfox0786
21-11-10, 01:26
try using vlc i'll find the setup link and post it here

charliesen
21-11-10, 02:02
From memory.
Install the Vic plugin on the vu. Enter your box ip addy save and close.
On your pc download Vlc v 105 or lower ( the later ones wont work )
Install it .
Then start vlc on your pc click on the view tab then add interface then web interface.
Now go back to the Duo and start vlc, you should then be able to locate where your videos are and play them
Make sure your video folder is shared

hifial
21-11-10, 10:05
Just to clarify what I want to do with this. To be able to view live channels over the web at a lower bit rate than direct from the box. I have set up a streaming solution (posted in sticky) using vlc .0.8.6i anything after this won't restream the live feed from box

The problem is it's very clunky to use if you change channel you have to log into the encoding pc and paste new channel URL into vlc and re start the stream.
This solution sounds much more straight forward to use once it's set up just change the channel on the web remote!

Also there is a bug in 0.8.6i that it doesn't delete the cache of the file (in temp folder) so it fills your hdd fast