PDA

View Full Version : Ccam2.2.0 installation....howz that done then??

Comfysofa
20-11-10, 20:15
gents - im new to this - how do install the new ccam software - got the zip file....now what.

If anyone could help....tar

Maxwell
20-11-10, 20:19
look here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3895-NEW!-cccam-2.2.0/page3

Comfysofa
20-11-10, 20:23
Thanks - what did i have then --- i had the zip - was that for something else??

Comfysofa
20-11-10, 20:25
yey -thanks very much - now its on - i think....

Maxwell
20-11-10, 20:27
no it was probably the same files

frank
20-11-10, 20:34
Does the new CCcam 2.2.0 give ECM times with VIX 1.2 on Vu+ Duo, as you can't view it with CCcam 2.1.4.

Maxwell
20-11-10, 20:35
yes it does press the ok button twice

Comfysofa
20-11-10, 21:29
well, the install went all ok from what i can see - but if i go in to the cam area i cant see it - is there anything more that i have to do (i did try restarting it also...

silverfox0786
20-11-10, 21:38
once addded as mentioned to /softcams and changing attributes to 755 it should just show up in cams after a restart

Maxwell
20-11-10, 21:41
well, the install went all ok from what i can see - but if i go in to the cam area i cant see it - is there anything more that i have to do (i did try restarting it also...
also have you installed your config file in /etc

Comfysofa
20-11-10, 22:10
not sure if i have to - ive got the old ccam there running 2.1.4 i think - will i still have to do another config file...

Comfysofa
20-11-10, 22:13
oh - the cho'modding bit - is that the whole folder softcams or the ccam file within that (whatever the name of it is...)?

Maxwell
20-11-10, 22:26
oh - the cho'modding bit - is that the whole folder softcams or the ccam file within that (whatever the name of it is...)?
just the cccam file

Comfysofa
20-11-10, 22:38
Little bit of an open ended question - i used to be able to decode AB Moteurs a few weeks back and i cant now. I put new keys in which are current - whats changed/can it not be decoded anymore - i know its in french but i used to watch it and leave the sound down while i was doing other stuff.... as i say open ended just wondered if you knew why...

Comfysofa
21-11-10, 16:57
Gents - where actually is the softcam folder???

Comfysofa
21-11-10, 17:53
Found the softcam folder - but the ccam isnt in there....tried running it again and nothing - it says its configuring but doesnt - well, its not in the softcam area anyway. I tend to find this - works for everyone else, not me...heh

silverfox0786
21-11-10, 18:03
softcam folder is /usr/softcams

Comfysofa
21-11-10, 18:06
yup - i know that - ccam2.2.0 isnt in there even though the installer completed.

Maxwell
21-11-10, 18:13
Thats because you are using VIX and have used the ipk file for VTI images so it has been installed to /usr/bin instead.
move it from /usr/bin to /usr/softcams

Comfysofa
21-11-10, 18:23
great - this is all good.....just ch'modding it now....thanks for that - i would have never have found that.

Comfysofa
21-11-10, 19:11
ok - its there. thanks very much.

Comfysofa
21-11-10, 20:01
Another question - ive had various different dreamboxes over the years ( do find it hard to get to grips with ) and one thing has remained a constant for me - stuff randomly stops working....ill get a channel working, get it for a few weeks or so, then it stops, load new keys on - no more channel....kinda where i am right now...heh

Comfysofa
21-11-10, 21:20
yeah - as i said - the dish wont move.....its currently sitting a 0.8w - if i try to move it the motor just blips every other second....

Maxwell
21-11-10, 21:41
Another question - ive had various different dreamboxes over the years ( do find it hard to get to grips with ) and one thing has remained a constant for me - stuff randomly stops working....ill get a channel working, get it for a few weeks or so, then it stops, load new keys on - no more channel....kinda where i am right now...heh

The channels regularly can and do change transponders and using key files is a bit old hat considering what these boxes can do :eek::D

Comfysofa
21-11-10, 22:14
eh - so what do i use then - ive always used keyfiles...see, pretty crap i am...

Just got the dish moving again - dont know how, it just started....i also reflashed clean from the usb stick thinking that it could have been where i just upgraded the image from 1.1 > 1.2 - i just managed to put the CCcam2.2.0 back on but on this image i cant auto download the other cams (but, do i need them???) just dont know...thanks for the help so far though...

Comfysofa
21-11-10, 22:16
Thought the dish got blown out last week in the high winds - your not too far from me - im in Bristol....but no - surprisingly now the dish has started moving again its bang on...which for me is a first....usually about this time im on the roof desperately trying to realign it in pitch black (luckily i can get out of the loft window and its all there in front of me bolted to the chimney...

basilyoung
21-11-10, 22:48
@ comysofa

you most likely have a loose connection, check the coax connection to the motor ( at the motor end ) and also motor to lnb ( fly lead )

baz

Comfysofa
21-11-10, 23:02
I did say previously - dish is working - dont know how but it is....apparently key packs are old news....whats the alternative...?

Maxwell
21-11-10, 23:07
Unfortunately the alternatives cant be discussed on here but google is your friend on cardsharing if you need to know purely for educational purposes

Comfysofa
21-11-10, 23:08
errr - yeah - i did read about that but its kind of academic as i dont know anyone that shares - it looks to me to be a more of "who you know" kinda thing so i thought that was a none starter....

Comfysofa
22-11-10, 10:28
Hi - me again - im all questions i know - on the 1.2 build is there anywhere within the menu system where i can download the cams straight in - and, if there isnt where are they on here so i can get them on manually...thanks

rob76
22-11-10, 11:20
Can't give you exact key press right now cos I'm not home but from the plugin menu you can press the green (I think) button to download plugins. From there you go to the softcam section and download what you need.

hth

Rob

Comfysofa
22-11-10, 17:15
ok- been off sick today from work - so to keep myself busy ive been experimenting.....and got nowhere. the only thing ive actually managed to do is keep reflashing it from scratch....tried alsorts - tried barry allen - nope - tried key packs - nothing. for me at the moment it seems to be a really expensive black box capable of displaying the menubar only....

just reflashing at the moment ill try in a sec....thanks for the info.

Comfysofa
22-11-10, 17:21
yup - thought i went there - "no plugins available"......back to square one.

canthackit
22-11-10, 17:52
ok
this'll sort you out mate, keep doing a software update and rebooting eventually it'll find the needed software about 78 updates, but you need to keep at..... i had the same problem with VIX 1.2 but persevere and you 'll get there.

regards: canthackit

Comfysofa
22-11-10, 18:33
ah - ok - ironic - your handle describes quite accurately what is happening to me at the moment...! will try it now.

Comfysofa
22-11-10, 18:41
ok - updating now.

Comfysofa
23-11-10, 19:58
Right - did that....now ive got access to the plugins etc etc....wonder why no one else said that - strange as thats a need-to-do thing as soon as you flash a new VIX image on....anyway...moving on.

I got MGCamD on, great, i notice theres a new version of CCcam (ill try that in a bit) Tried to get the SatAngels key updater on but that failed - but, i could see where it installed, made those said files 755 and that looks like its working but still nothing....so, a question - is there a channel that i could go to which if ive got the current keys on it will decode...anyone?

Mr. Mister
24-11-10, 11:14
It appears to be good, as for installing in VIX

Extract CCcam.mispel
Rename it CCcam2_2_0
FTP it to /usr/softcams
Set permissions for it to 755, if you dont do this it will not start
Go into Softcam setup and you should see it, select activate/start

No need to alter your config file it will use the existing one

Hi guys..
Followed this to the "T" and cccam will not start.. I always end up with no active cccam
The only difference i have done is i wanted to install ccccam 2.2.1
Also.. installed it via DCC.. and change permissions via the attributes to 755

Any help would be greatly appreicated..

Thanks

silverfox0786
24-11-10, 11:19
That should have worked. you say DCC try changing attributtes to 755 using filezilla thats where the error may lay

irishchris
24-11-10, 11:23
did you remove the existing ccam by:
* first press green and stop existing ccam.
* then press blue to stop autostart of existing ccam. then go to plugins and press red and remove existing ccam.

* then ftp new ccam to usr/softcam
* rename to ccam 2.2.1 {make sure you delete the .mipsel part of the attached file and rename only to ccam 2.2.1}
* chmod 755
* ensure you have added a ccam.cfg to var/etc
* then go to softcams on vu+ and press green to start and blue to autostart and reboot. all should then be working.

-> note i use this simply to read my cyfra card. whatever the end user decides to do with it is your responsibility :)

Don't Forget to use the THANKS if this post helped you. if it did not help then sorry :)

irishchris
24-11-10, 11:52
sorry forgot to attach the file to previous post and cannot add it to it now so here it is - dont forget to unzip first :p

rob76
24-11-10, 13:35
what's the difference between 2.2.0 and the previous version?

Mr. Mister
24-11-10, 14:01
That should have worked. you say DCC try changing attributtes to 755 using filezilla thats where the error may lay

Hi Silver buddy..

Thank you very much.. That worked a treat..

All up and running perfect now..

Comfysofa
27-11-10, 09:58
Well....for me kind of (havent checked in for a few days....kind of had enough of it so id give it a rest) ive got ccam2.2.1 on and ive got the angels key updater working (or so it says on screen). One of the channels that i used to watch was ABMoteurs on 13 but that doesnt work anymore so im guessing its not working.

Just out of curiosity - how do you get it to see a diablo cam?

digicell
28-11-10, 11:00
sorry can someone please help me out...i have downloaded the CCAM 2.2.0 from this thread but not sure how to put it on my VU+ box?..therres a .ipk file as well as the CCAM 2.0 zip folder but after extracting that the CCcam.mispel
file cannot be extracted on my computer as its not a zip file?

can someone inform me how I go about this pls? as i want to try the latest CCAM after all the green screens ive been getting recently#

thanks

canthackit
28-11-10, 11:14
Hi

if your using windows then rename the file to CCcam_2.2.0 (that's the forrmat for the VIX and some of the other images) and ftp it to usr/bin chmod it to 755 you will of course need to have your .cfg file in place, and course your cam script configured accordingly (cant tell you as i dont know what image you are using) all i can tell you is basicly all references in the scipt file for emu must be as in the /usr/bin file/

regards: canthackit

Maxwell
28-11-10, 11:19
sorry can someone please help me out...i have downloaded the CCAM 2.2.0 from this thread but not sure how to put it on my VU+ box?..therres a .ipk file as well as the CCAM 2.0 zip folder but after extracting that the CCcam.mispel
file cannot be extracted on my computer as its not a zip file?

can someone inform me how I go about this pls? as i want to try the latest CCAM after all the green screens ive been getting recently#

thanks
see here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3895-NEW!-cccam-2.2.0/page3

digicell
28-11-10, 11:20
hi mate i am using VIX Image V1.2 (latest version) which I have just installed.

How do I CHMOD it to 755?

I have uploaded my ccam.cfg into the right folder but if you can provide me a step to step instructions on what else I need to do know i would appreciate it?

digicell
28-11-10, 11:21
do i have to follow what they did on that video mate?

Maxwell
28-11-10, 11:23
do i have to follow what they did on that video mate?

No read the posts from #24 onwards on that page

digicell
28-11-10, 11:25
ok thanks you im doing thta now

digicell
28-11-10, 11:27
hi

I did read this - "I installed the ipk file removed CCcam2_2_0 bin file from /usr/bin as it installs in the wrong place for ViX ftp to /usr/softcams/ Chmod to 755 reboot enigma2 (GUI) and it will be in the ViX softcam menu just start as normal , nice ECM timing back now."

However I have got the IPK file but im not sure on the instructions as its slightly confusing. I dont know how to CHMOD to 755 please can you let me know how I dod this?? I dont know how to install the ipk file too?

digicell
28-11-10, 11:29
ahh post #29 does help with chmod but how do i install it?

Maxwell
28-11-10, 11:36
forget the ipk file for now get the .rar file from post #24 and extract the .mispel file then follow the instructions in the other posts.

digicell
28-11-10, 11:42
its still not working for me...i have the .ipk file but i dont know how to install it?

can someone please help me out?

digicell
28-11-10, 11:43
the problem of doing that is that the mispel file is not a zip file so i cant extract it?

irishchris
28-11-10, 11:54
If you have the mipsel file. ftp it to usr/softcams. Chmod it to 755. Rename it to ccam-2.2.1 and delete the .mipsel part of the filename. Reboot. Then go to menu and softcams on your vu+ and press green to start it. Job done :)