PDA

View Full Version : Too little power on motor

jerry2
23-07-14, 14:54
I have motorised antenna and GB Quad has only 13V on the output which degrades over the 8 meter cable I use. This means the antenna sometimes turns and sometimes not. The service men told me the Quad has only 400 mA of power on the output of DVBS2 which is very low, because motor uses up to 350 mA and LBN about 100 mA. He brought his no name receiver and the motor workd flawleslly.

Is this a known quad problem? Is there any external power enhancer that would put out more power?

dwarf
23-07-14, 16:28
I had a quad and now a quad plus and I run a dark motor over a 20mtr cable run and I have no such problems.

Maybe your receiver has a fault?

Sicilian
23-07-14, 16:31
What coax are you using?

Larry-G
23-07-14, 16:33
Although I dont use my motor very often now adays (TM 2600 with a Inverto Black Ultra twin LNB) , when I do, I dont have any issues with it on my Quad over a 30 meter cable run.

jerry2
23-07-14, 23:52
It is not receiver, it is Quad, I have two, Quad and Quad plus, I've shortened the cable and now it sometimes works, sometimes not. I am not sure what kind of coax I have, ordinary I guess.

Larry-G
24-07-14, 00:05
If by quad you mean Gigablue Quad then that is the receiver we are talking about, If I were you I would consider changing the whole coax run from this receiver as it is possibly that your existing coax run is faulty. As I said I use a 30 meter run of coax from my own Quad to my motorized dish and it powers my motor just fine.