PDA

View Full Version : Sundtek Cable Tuner

bhoywonder1967
21-07-14, 18:46
Hi,

I've recently purchased a Sundtek Cable tuner to go with my TM2T but not had any joy getting it to work.

Sundtek Control Centre recognises the stick but I'm receiving a tuner lock error using ABM and 0 services returned when manually scanning. I know the feed is live and working properly using an official VM receiver.

Anybody got this working on their TM?

Cheers.

Sicilian
21-07-14, 18:47
Doubt it would function on TM receivers, but I'll try to test tomorrow.

bhoywonder1967
21-07-14, 18:53
Thanks mate,

It wouldn't be the end of the world to "have to" buy a new receiver but my 2T has been rock solid for me since day 1, so don't really want to get rid if I can help it.

DaMacFunkin
21-07-14, 18:53
Forget manually scanning on these it is possible but different boxes have certain ways of doing it, try to get it pulling channels in using ABM, the only other channel of any other interest you could get with a manual scan is Sky Sports 5 which is currently only testing (a placeholder i think).

bhoywonder1967
21-07-14, 18:58
Forget manually scanning on these it is possible but different boxes have certain ways of doing it, try to get it pulling channels in using ABM, the only other channel of any other interest you could get with a manual scan is Sky Sports 5 which is currently only testing (a placeholder i think).

Getting tuner lock error, timeout I think, using ABM mate. Using correct Netid etc.

sundtek
22-07-14, 04:25
Hi,

I've recently purchased a Sundtek Cable tuner to go with my TM2T but not had any joy getting it to work.

Sundtek Control Centre recognises the stick but I'm receiving a tuner lock error using ABM and 0 services returned when manually scanning. I know the feed is live and working properly using an official VM receiver.

Anybody got this working on their TM?

Cheers.

You might try to contact us via Skype chat (sundtek) or http://chat.sundtek.de in order to get some official statement if the TM2T could be supported.
You might try from Wednesday on since today our engineer is busy testing some new prototypes.

bhoywonder1967
22-07-14, 18:52
You might try to contact us via Skype chat (sundtek) or http://chat.sundtek.de in order to get some official statement if the TM2T could be supported.
You might try from Wednesday on since today our engineer is busy testing some new prototypes.

Thanks, sent a skype message, no reply as yet.

Just noticed when installing the driver it autodetects the receiver as a Vu Solo, don't know if that helps?

bhoywonder1967
24-07-14, 18:41
Spoke with Sundtek support on Skype last night and got this working on the 2T, albeit using a temporary workaround that needs to be applied after every reboot.

Hopefully they'll be able to incorporate this into the driver package for trouble free scanning etc.

sundtek
27-07-14, 21:27
The driver now automatically applies the fix so the TM2T is now also supported.

bhoywonder1967
27-07-14, 21:45
The driver now automatically applies the fix so the TM2T is now also supported.

You beat me to it sundtek!! Thanks again for all your help with this.

For anybody worrying about purchasing the Sundtek Cable Tuner for any receiver, DON'T!! I've got to say the support offered by Sundtek has been absolutely first class, as long as you're willing to Skype IM, Remote Desktop etc then I'm sure Sundtek will be able to help. I don't give praise easily but I've been really impressed with Sundtek this week in resolving this.