PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] How to see HDD and USB Format?

Euphoria
20-07-14, 14:16
Hi, im clean install the openvix appollo.021 and use the device manager for inicialize the hdd and usb drive but im have no idea how to see the format. im try to use the sfdisk -l /dev/sda but only see the drive and usb have gpt partition (id ee)

Thx. in advance

jukkal
21-07-14, 15:56
Hi, im clean install the openvix appollo.021 and use the device manager for inicialize the hdd and usb drive but im have no idea how to see the format. im try to use the sfdisk -l /dev/sda but only see the drive and usb have

The mount command (without parameters) shows you the formats of mounted partitions. Just find the /dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1 from the output. For me the relevant lines show as

/dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/sdb1 on /media/usb type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=002 2,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)

So, my hdd is type ext4 and my usb stick is type vfat.

Euphoria
21-07-14, 16:50
The mount command (without parameters) shows you the formats of mounted partitions. Just find the /dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1 from the output. For me the relevant lines show as

/dev/sdb1 on /media/usb type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=002 2,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)

So, my hdd is type ext4 and my usb stick is type vfat.

Thx. soo much is work for me. im have a hdd and usb (for picons, egp.dat, etc...) and inicialize with the menu, here my info:

/dev/sdb1 on /media/usb type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)

Thx. again for help.

Larry-G
21-07-14, 17:27
By default the Initialize option in ViX will format the device to EXT4. you can check the format of all connected devices by going into the mount manager.

Blue button> ViX> Mount manager.

Euphoria
21-07-14, 17:43
By default the Initialize option in ViX will format the device to EXT4. you can check the format of all connected devices by going into the mount manager.

Blue button> ViX> Mount manager.

Thx. im try this but only see type: e

Thx.

Larry-G
22-07-14, 16:01
That may be a issue in translation but I'm sure the last time I checked on one of my receivers it did show the format in the same window you have in your picture.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

rossi2000
22-07-14, 16:04
yes it shows the format where it shows the e.

Larry-G
22-07-14, 16:08
So its likely a translation error for your language file.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk