PDA

View Full Version : vix image and mgcamd?

runmo
20-11-10, 16:45
can someone help with installation of mgcamd (1.35a or other) in vix image? There's no cfg file in the vix downloadstation compared to for example the vti image.
I don't know what to install manually in ftp and where in ftp.

thx
runmo

hanenyo
20-11-10, 17:03
main menu----->plugins------>press green botton you will see mgcamd 1.35a in cams

runmo
20-11-10, 17:06
it isn't complete mgcamd with cfg file I think. Or am I wrong?

regards
runmo

Maxwell
20-11-10, 17:08
The cam download is the full file but with all the cams you have to make your own config file and ftp it to the /etc folder

Donnie
20-11-10, 17:31
The cam download is the full file but with all the cams you have to make your own config file and ftp it to the /etc folder

All Mgcamd files have to go in usr/keys

If you google minicats keys his bundle also has contains all the cfg files you need.

rockerduck
20-11-10, 18:17
To be more precise, mgcamd cfg files go to /var/keys which is often (but not always) a symbolic link to /usr/keys.
It's also possible to place those file in /tmp but I've never seen this kind of configuration.

From mg_cfg file:

===cut===
# config files folder (softcam, autoroll, ignore/priority)
# 00 files in /var/keys
# 01 files in /tmp
T: { 00 }
===cut===

Then, if you use the proper command line option, you can place those files everywhere...

runmo
23-11-10, 20:48
I managed to install mgcamd. But when I reboot my vu+ duo the cfg folder put in var/keys in dcc is gone. I always have to reput it manually in telnet after a reboot.
Does anyone know why this happen and if there's solution to avoid this?
thank you

rockerduck
23-11-10, 21:00
what image are you using?

runmo
23-11-10, 21:09
Latest VIX image.
Also tested with black hole image (same problem) and vti image (no problem)

regards
runmo

rockerduck
23-11-10, 21:20
I didn't have this problem with vix image. In any case the Vix developers will help you regarding their image.

For BH here is the workaround:

1. create the directories /usr/keys and /usr/scce placing there what you need
2. with a unix compatible editor open the file /etc/init.d/bootup
3. after the line:

[ -f /etc/shadow ] && /bin/true || touch /etc/shadow
put the following lines:

[ ! -e /var/keys/ ] && /bin/ln -s /usr/keys/ /var/keys
[ ! -e /var/scce/ ] && /bin/ln -s /usr/scce/ /var/scce
4. reboot stb

sonc
24-11-10, 00:30
Latest VIX image.
Also tested with black hole image (same problem) and vti image (no problem)

regards
runmo

Hi Runmo,

I'm running Vix1.2. The /var filesystem is a 'tmpfs' filesystem meaning anything you create in there will be lost when you reboot.

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 69.0M 2.7M 66.4M 4% /var

When the reboot occurs soft links are recreated by the system in /var. One of these links will be /var/keys which points to /etc/keys

root@bm750:/var# ls -ld /var/keys
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Jan 1 2000 /var/keys -> /etc/keys

My guess is you've overwritten this link with your keys directory which is then lost on reboot.

Try transferring your files directly to /etc/keys. They should then be permanent :)

Regards,
Sonc

marsh
07-02-13, 11:34
Hi all.

Still new at this so please excuse if my questions seem a bit silly, but I am unable to install mgcamd.

When I try to install I get these error messages :
That seems to suggest that it is already installed or something like that, but when I go to the SoftCams mgr I cannot see mgcamd in there.

Could anyone give me any advice on how get this working?

abu baniaz
07-02-13, 18:46
It seems you are trying toinstall a package not from the vix cams officail package. This is probably one of the reasons why it is failing.

You can downlaod from
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/

You will need to the config files. (I wish they were in the package from the download site, but anyway)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25851-mgcamd-not-working&p=192894&viewfull=1#post192894

You could also try to install by telnet with the following command
opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

marsh
08-02-13, 11:04
It seems you are trying toinstall a package not from the vix cams officail package. This is probably one of the reasons why it is failing.

You can downlaod from
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/

You will need to the config files. (I wish they were in the package from the download site, but anyway)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25851-mgcamd-not-working&p=192894&viewfull=1#post192894

You could also try to install by telnet with the following command
opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

Thanks Abu

I was using the vix cams installer , but have now managed to figure it out, just deleted the existing files and did the install again.