PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Delete HD Channels

Lither
19-07-14, 01:08
I want to delete HD channels and swap them for SD channels, I've searched around and it seems DreamboxEdit can do the job but what's the latest version I should use?

Where is the ABM channel list file located in my internal flash memory?

Also can you check if these steps are correct,

1. Scan for channels using ABM
2. Open DreamboxEdit and load ABM channel list file
3. Delete HD channels and swap SD channels
4. FTP the new channel list file to the receiver
5. Restart receiver

abu baniaz
19-07-14, 01:15
Those steps are unnecessary.

See this thread
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37698-Channels-not-available-on-E2-Custom-xml-for-28-2

Downlaod the xml file and place it in the location mentioned in the thread.
Go to ABM, select teh provider as Sky Black
Set other options as in the picture in the thread
Select an SD region
Run ABM.

Lither
19-07-14, 01:28
I want to edit channel numbers and reorder channels, that's why I want to use DreamboxEdit instead of judge custom XML file

I'm running Apollo 003 but will flash Apollo 021 tomorrow, in the latest ABM it's Sky Black, is that the same as Sky in Apollo 03? Do you know why it has renamed to Sky Black?

Searched on Google and it seems 6.0.0.1 is the latest version, where can I locate my ABM folder so I can load it in DreamboxEdit?

abu baniaz
19-07-14, 01:40
That name is in the xml. It is that to distinguish from others. If you flash 21, you will have to sed that xml over again.

If you are uisng DBedit to edit your chanenls, you do not need to concern your self with teh location of ABM folder,. The cahnenl data is in the standard place. Transfer, receive from reciver, edit, save, transfer, send to receiver. Job done.

Lraizer's plugin is more customiseabe in that it allows you to sort the channels in the order you want.

Lither
19-07-14, 01:51
I'm scanning channels using ABM and not using channel list created by others such as Vhannibal

My steps are,

1. Flash Apollo 021
2. Scan for channels using ABM
2. Open DreamboxEdit and enter receiver settings
3. Delete HD channels and swap SD channels
4. Save and FTP the new channel list file to the receiver
5. Restart receiver

abu baniaz
19-07-14, 02:11
If you use the xml file by Judge, you can do the same as you are doing now. You will have less work to do. The xml by Damacfunkin swaps the HD channels into non-existent positions, so that also is an option too

If you dont want to use those xml's, it will be lot easier to use the standard provider, use an SD region and do as you have been doing.

EDIT:The only thing you are not mentioning in your steps, is receiveing channel lists from receiver. If you don't do this, you will be editing whatever DBedit has opened up.

DaMacFunkin
19-07-14, 07:33
Also if you use DBedit you won't be able to hide the channels between 1 & 100, so if a member of your family types in 1 you will get a blank screen, or you will end up setting your first channel as 1 instead of 101.

Lither
19-07-14, 09:59
When I have sorted out my own channel numbers and order, and I update my channel list via ABM, will the HD channels reappear or it will just update the channels I currently have?

goosegog
19-07-14, 11:23
When I have sorted out my own channel numbers and order, and I update my channel list via ABM, will the HD channels reappear or it will just update the channels I currently have?
hi lither,
yeah im sure ABM will wipe your settings

Lither
19-07-14, 12:25
Those steps are unnecessary.

See this thread
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37698-Channels-not-available-on-E2-Custom-xml-for-28-2

Downlaod the xml file and place it in the location mentioned in the thread.
Go to ABM, select teh provider as Sky Black
Set other options as in the picture in the thread
Select an SD region
Run ABM.
I have tried the method you mentioned, it seems to work but I want all working HD channels at the front, currently the channel order is like this,

101 BBC One HD, 102 BBC Two HD, 103 ITV HD and so on but BBC Three HD is 115 and BBC Four is 116, how do I move it so BBC Three HD is 103 and BBC Four is 104?

Also how do I delete the HD channels that doesn't work such as Channel 5 HD, can I do it like this? (Menu -> Remove Entry)

abu baniaz
19-07-14, 14:02
ABM was designed to mimic the exact order of the official list.

You can remove them the way you mention, but they will reappear on next run of ABM.

Isn't there an FTA HD bouquet?