PDA

View Full Version : using smartphone as a remote control?

gilvey
18-07-14, 22:17
How does this work? Is it easy to set up and how? Also I'm after another remote for the tm twin oe if anyone can point me in the right direction
Thanks
Gilvey

Stanman
19-07-14, 10:05
Drop the sponsor a PM and he may be able to help out

As for the phone, use VU Player app, it works on all E2 boxs

gilvey
19-07-14, 13:36
How do you set up the vu app? Who's the sponsor who I need to contact please
Regards
Gilvey

abu baniaz
19-07-14, 15:30
Send a PM to world-of-satellite.co.uk;

Click Here to send a PM to the Sponsor WOS (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=1447)

Trial
19-07-14, 19:21
Hi,
if you want a RC not only for STBs then take a look hat Logitech Harmony Hub or Smart Control. With both you get a Wifi to IR bridge which can be used with an Android/IOS App.

ciao

gilvey
22-07-14, 01:08
Hi thanks for the replies I've got vu app working. What does zapping mean? I'm after a technomate remote still if anyone knows where I can get one cheap
Gilvey

abu baniaz
22-07-14, 01:22
Zapping = changing channel

Did you ask the sponsor if he sells them? He should do. If not, contact Technomate.

gilvey
22-07-14, 03:46
I asked, but I never got a reply. Funny really I tried to contact them about buying a receiver but they never replied them either

Larry-G
22-07-14, 05:35
I asked, but I never got a reply. Funny really I tried to contact them about buying a receiver but they never replied them either
It's very likely that your emails hit the sponsors spam filter, in such cases you could try calling him or send him a PM via the forum.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

gilvey
22-07-14, 07:55
I tried ringing their phone lines and left answer phone messages but got no reply, I eventually bought straight from technomate. Whilst on the subject of smartphone app vu+ player. Does anyone know how to stop the app from changing channel on the receiver when I only want to stream to my phone or pc? Obviously I don't want the channel to change on the tv everytime a new stream is selected
selected.

abu baniaz
22-07-14, 08:35
Have you enabled "no zap before streaming/mult tuner" in the profile settings

gilvey
22-07-14, 09:11
Sorted on phone thanks, hopefully same on pc