PDA

View Full Version : Latest vix image

clem58
17-07-14, 20:51
My duo has been lying dormant for a while(unplugged and in its box) its only last few days i have been able to go near it (health reasons). I am trying to load the latest vix image without any luck. If i remember right i do the following, format a usb stick to fat32, create a folder called vuplus, open it and create another folder called duo. Then i download latest image open it then copy it to the duo part of the folder. I do this though i get the message "no readable content on this device".Am i missing something?

One other thing, the duo won't download the plugins, would i have to install the latest bootloader?

Sorry guys, though i do have memory difficulties.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Creators
17-07-14, 21:35
After download and extract the file to be copied to a USB storage device root, not the folders.

Larry-G
17-07-14, 21:38
go to openvix.co.uk there is a ful flashing tutorial for this and other ViX supported receivers, as for the feeds, if you have any image ViX 3.0 or lower we physically deleted the feeds for those images.

clem58
18-07-14, 20:17
go to openvix.co.uk there is a ful flashing tutorial for this and other ViX supported receivers, as for the feeds, if you have any image ViX 3.0 or lower we physically deleted the feeds for those images.

Whats the possibility that both these usb sticks are corrupted somehow. I ran a virus scan on both of them they seem to be clean. They were always kept for the duo, but because the the duo has been mothballed for last 7 or so mths the mem sticks were used for music. Just a thought. The reason for installing the latest vix image is, i can't download the plugins. I tried all kinds of angles to try to install vix, (fat32, exfat,fat, opening zip folders , installing via VUPLUS folder, DUO folder and not in any folders at all:confused:confused: Nothing doing, so i gonna buy a new mem stk and try again to moro.

Thanks for your help guys:)

Larry-G
18-07-14, 20:22
Try formatting the sticks with the HP format tool as listed in the tutorials, also try FTP'ing the files to the Duo and use the inbuilt image manager to flash the receiver.

satmanbasil
18-07-14, 21:57
hi

What version software does your box have installed at the moment?
your first part of installation is correct , when you inserted the usb stick to the front port had you switched off from the rocker switch first? then start the process.
this no readable devise message is the from the duo display ? have you used the sticks in the past? and have you dowloaded the duo image not the duo2 version as that will brick your box
reason for the first question is to make sure ur box is not a clone as recent vix images disable clone receivers from using the new image so by letting us know the last image ur stb had will help to identify if that was the problem

clem58
19-07-14, 02:59
hi

What version software does your box have installed at the moment?
your first part of installation is correct , when you inserted the usb stick to the front port had you switched off from the rocker switch first? then start the process.
this no readable devise message is the from the duo display ? have you used the sticks in the past? and have you dowloaded the duo image not the duo2 version as that will brick your box
reason for the first question is to make sure ur box is not a clone as recent vix images disable clone receivers from using the new image so by letting us know the last image ur stb had will help to identify if that was the problem

The last few times i had to do anything concerning a usb pen, i didn't have to bother with the rocker switch. Therefore it had completely went out of my head. It fine now and working fine at the minute.

Thanks guys for being there it's really appreciated.:thumbsup:

cactikid
19-07-14, 09:00
now m8 always insert/remove usb when box is powered off,not like a pc or lappy:D,take care.

Larry-G
19-07-14, 09:39
now m8 always insert/remove usb when box is powered off,not like a pc or lappy:D,take care.

Agreed, and thats also why I find the message on the Duo's dispaly a little alarming when flashing a image as it says "Remove USB and reboot". I would never do that but would fully power down first then remove the USB with the image files on, unless it's one of the newer boxes which require a button press on the receiver to initiate a reflash.

bellejt
19-07-14, 09:44
i do not have to remove the stick anymore.Do it online update or with imagmanager.Mutch easyer.