PDA

View Full Version : VIX 1.2 do not start up

danop
20-11-10, 12:18
I just upgraded to VIX 1.2 first via Internet and next via USB and have problem starting up. First I made backup via DreamBoxEdit 4, so I had all settings.
After upgrading, it wont start up, and stop in "Starting Enigma 2... VIX 1.2".
Although it is not fully started, I was able to enter menu to make network settings and restore settings and channels from DreamBoxEdit.

All chanels and settings seems to be OK, but it still stands in "Starting Enigma 2... VIX 1.2" screen. The only thing there is beyond that is some subtitles from the chosen chanel - no picture nor sound.

Can you tell me how to get VIX 1.2 started, or do I need to go back to 1.1?

satmanbasil
20-11-10, 12:51
Hi mate

OK when you loaded the image via the usb port and then switched off at the rear and rebooted , watching the front panel did it go from starting to vuduo and did u get the install wizzard ?

You say you can access menus which sounds to me like the box has started but you are not seeing any channels, reason being you need to check your dish and receiver are looking at the same satellite and you need to look at a fta channel say bbc @ 28e or astra demo @19e. so look at your setting and make sure you assigned the satellite your dish is pointing to.

You also mentioned about saving your did you load then in after you upgraded if so can you see them settings have loaded as normally with a new image via setup u can only assign 2 - 4 birds

Other things you may wanna check ... have you used the usb stick before in your vu+ if not maybe reload image with another.... where did you obtain your copy of vix maybe try another site... start again following the guidelines including the wizzard and then check everything is working before adding further settings, then at least we can start to narrow down the route of your problem.

regards
satmanbasil

danop
20-11-10, 13:28
I think there might be a cam problem. In ver 1.1 I put a ccam.cfg file into ect folder, and after upgrade to 1.2 I put the same ccam.cfg into the ect folder, but it seems to be not working, because when trying to set up cam, there is nothing there. Do I need a new version of ccam.cfg for vix 1.2 - and where can I find it?

Best regards and thankyou

basilyoung
20-11-10, 13:38
I take it you do have the same version of CCcam installed??
your config will not work, with out the presence of CCcam
also. as posted on another forum, do free to air channels work, from your reply, its likely that they do, I think
also regarding CCcam, we will only assist the reading of your own card, on your unit,

baz

danop
20-11-10, 13:52
Thanks
I went my other unit and pushed the blue button to see plugins, and could see all available plugins.
However when I do the same on my updated unit, nothing appears, so I am not able to install the cam.

Is there a solution for that, or am I doing anything wrong?

basilyoung
20-11-10, 14:03
I am about to update my 2nd unit with the VIX 1.2 image, if no reply from others, I will reply in a few hours

baz

basilyoung
20-11-10, 15:36
CCcam is down loadable via the long press on the blue button
select download plugins, then select cams

baz

satmanbasil
20-11-10, 15:39
Hi mate

Whenever you load a new image you have to reload the CCcam this is done by menu>> plugings>>>green button>>>>softcam and then select latest version of CCcam.. this will install the cam, you then as already mentioned install your own CCcam.cfg file it dont much matter unless your using some of the server aspects, i have always used the same cfg file on all versions of CCcam. When you install the main file it should Chmod 755 the file make sure when you install your cfg file that you do likewise then all thats needed is to start the CCcam in the menu settings.

regards
satmanbasil