PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] CrossEPG scheduled download not working

sledge121
16-07-14, 17:46
Hi

I have configured crossepg to download at 02:30 once a day but every 7 days the epg is blank and I have to manually download.

Thanks
Rick

Larry-G
16-07-14, 17:50
Zeus is now a old image in comparison, try updating to the latest Apollo build which has a more updated version of CrossEPG built in.

sledge121
16-07-14, 21:25
Hi Phoenix

is there no way this can be fixed on Zeus, I realise there are new releases but Zeus is still quite recent.

Thanks
Rick

Larry-G
16-07-14, 21:40
Hi Phoenix

is there no way this can be fixed on Zeus, I realise there are new releases but Zeus is still quite recent.

Thanks
Rick

No we don't build Zeus any more so can't Issue bug fixes for it etc. If you absolutely must stay on zeta you could try deleting the EGG all together and starting from fresh to see if that works.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Joe_90
16-07-14, 21:45
Just a quick comment. Does CrossEPG actually re-boot the receiver by itself, or do you need to have a powertimer set to boot the box and shut down afterwards? I use a powertimer to boot my Quad PLus at 06.00 each morning, then have AutoBouquetsMaker set to run at 06.02 and CrossEPG set to run at 06.04, then the powertimer shuts the box down at 06.06.

Larry-G
16-07-14, 23:07
Just a quick comment. Does CrossEPG actually re-boot the receiver by itself, or do you need to have a powertimer set to boot the box and shut down afterwards? I use a powertimer to boot my Quad PLus at 06.00 each morning, then have AutoBouquetsMaker set to run at 06.02 and CrossEPG set to run at 06.04, then the powertimer shuts the box down at 06.06.

No CrossEPG won't reboot the receiver. My Ultimo has not been rebooted in over 8 months, has both ABM and Crosses set to run daily and works flawlessly. Albeit on ViX 3.0.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Joe_90
16-07-14, 23:40
Sorry - my bad. What I meant to write was whether CrossEPG would wake the receiver from deep standby? I know that ABM won't. That's why I set powertimers. My box is put into deep standby at night. Otherwise it would be using 20 watts of electricity just to show the clock!

Larry-G
16-07-14, 23:46
Sorry - my bad. What I meant to write was whether CrossEPG would wake the receiver from deep standby? I know that ABM won't. That's why I set powertimers. My box is put into deep standby at night. Otherwise it would be using 20 watts of electricity just to show the clock!

No CrossEPG wont wake a receiver from deepstandby, you must as you say use power timers for that. My Ultimo is pretty much the family receiver and in use from 07:00 to 23:00 every day, so there is little point putting that into deepstandby, the rest of my test receivers however are all in deepstandby or powered off until needed.