PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Stuck on Booting 99

danivtec
15-07-14, 20:25
Fresh flashed my Duo2 and once flashed the box sticks on Booting 99 and stays there.

Pulled the plug and same again.

Pulled the plug for a 3rd time and boots up fine, this was on a fresh flash going into the setup screen.

I don't have a RS232 to hook up yet but anyone have any suggestions on what it could be?

Only thing I have is a 1TB WD Red Hard drive connected, no USB.

timofee
16-07-14, 13:55
Need more information.

What image was on the Duo2 when you tried to flash it to Apollo 019?

What method did you use - USB stick, image manager or software update?

danivtec
16-07-14, 19:44
018 was on there and I fresh flashed via image manager.

Had it stuck on booting 22 and booting 65 today aswell.

Going to do some more tests to try and narrow it down.

Tried another hard drive but this didn't solve it.

danivtec
16-07-14, 20:49
Done some more tests, flashed the vu+ image and booted ok but upon going to deep standby and powering on it hung at the vu+ loading screen.

Tried it without hdmi and Ethernet connected and it hangs.

When it does hang switching it off and then on sometimes boots ok but other times hangs so switching it off for a third time it always boots fine.

Emailed WoS for further advice.

judge
17-07-14, 00:46
Debug logs might also help.

polosolo
17-07-14, 02:15
bad memory blocks? or going bad maybe.

danivtec
17-07-14, 06:02
Debug logs might also help.

Logs attached, oddly had a couple with a 1970 datestamp appear.

danivtec
17-07-14, 07:04
Moved epg and picons off the hard drive onto a usb stick and seems to be behaving so far.

Edit: spoke too soon hung on booting 92 after powering off. No debug log generated.

Sicilian
17-07-14, 07:20
How exactly are you powering off?

Have you initalised your HDD and USB stick with the receiver? Menu > Setup > Storage Devices.

danivtec
17-07-14, 07:21
Powering off with the remote.

Yes both initialised with receiver

danivtec
17-07-14, 07:34
Just tried again powering off by choosing deep standby from the menu, got past the boot percentage and hung with no spinner.

Managed to get a debug log.

Hard power off with the rocker switch and back up and running.

Sicilian
17-07-14, 07:58
I would start fresh.

Fresh re-flash, no backup restore whatsoever.

Re-format your USB stick being used to flash you image with HP Tool FAT32 http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-HP-USB-Stick-Drive-Format-Tool

Straight after finishing startup wizard re-initialise all storage devices.

Do not install any extra plugins and run as free to air for 24 hours. Then start by installing softcam only, again test for another 24 hours.

Do not simply power off. Correct procedure to power off is hold down standby button on remote and select 'Deep Standby' on TV. Wait to shut down. Wait a min or two before powering back on with remote.

DaMacFunkin
17-07-14, 08:47
As an addition to this I would format (re initialise) your hard drive, a quick look at your logs seems to suggest that it starts to hang whilst accessing the epg cache, maybe this is corrupt...

polosolo
17-07-14, 15:25
Before anything else. I would remove your HD and flash your receiver back to factory default. e.g.: Virgin
Then ..start your trouble shooting from there. If your box still playing up? then its down to the Hardware . So you can get a replacement, under the warranty.

Best Regards

polosolo

danivtec
18-07-14, 09:28
Switched it on this morning and got this on the screen36024

Anyone seen this before?

polosolo
18-07-14, 13:33
Switched it on this morning and got this on the screen36024

Anyone seen this before?

Hello Mate,

You will be going round in circles unless you trouble shoot using the basic steps.

e.g.: Remove all hardware and software that you have installed upon purchase ..So effectively the box is like a virgin off the VU production line.
Then if it`s fine ? then add HD and retest.....Then software ..1 at a time and at each stage ...retest.
You will soon realize where the problem lies.

My personal view is ...the problem is hardware issue within the box. and may require warranty.
I`ve had box`s from pace in the past ...very similar in design to the VUs...have stuck on booting problems ...and it was always an hardware issue. Eventually the box would die.
Considering you must have paid a good wedge for this box.....Do you really want to take the chance of missing the warranty window ?

Best Regards

polosolo

danivtec
18-07-14, 13:57
Hello Mate,

You will be going round in circles unless you trouble shoot using the basic steps.

e.g.: Remove all hardware and software that you have installed upon purchase ..So effectively the box is like a virgin off the VU production line.
Then if it`s fine ? then add HD and retest.....Then software ..1 at a time and at each stage ...retest.
You will soon realize where the problem lies.

My personal view is ...the problem is hardware issue within the box. and may require warranty.
I`ve had box`s from pace in the past ...very similar in design to the VUs...have stuck on booting problems ...and it was always an hardware issue. Eventually the box would die.
Considering you must have paid a good wedge for this box.....Do you really want to take the chance of missing the warranty window ?

Best Regards

polosolo

Its been RMA'd to the sponsor to look at.

polosolo
18-07-14, 14:07
Its been RMA'd to the sponsor to look at.

A wise move I feel.....and I`m sure you will you enjoy your shinny new replacement.

Best Regards

polosolo

danivtec
23-07-14, 08:40
Just an update to this, box returned and main board replaced.

polosolo
23-07-14, 17:40
Just an update to this, box returned and main board replaced.

Hardware Graphical chip problem .... due to overheating ....cold solder joint . would be my guess what the problem was.
Glad you got it sorted mate!

danivtec
24-07-14, 14:31
Box back and setup. Seems to be all good now

DaMacFunkin
24-07-14, 19:09
Well done mate, as someone who has had to return a duo2 I know how stressful it can be, just note how little time it took for the turnaround on this via the sponsor, mine bought from another trader took 4 weeks, I ended up contacting Vu+ and sorting it myself.