PDA

View Full Version : Softcam Install-openvix-Apollo .015 Image-Vu+ Solo 2

RottyDave
13-07-14, 13:48
I have sucessfully reflashed my Vu+Solo 2 with the above image.
All Fta channels are ok as is my epg.

I now want to install a softcam to read my Sd viewing card(paid for and has been for past 15 yrs)

As my desktop crashed some months ago, along with all my files could someone help set me up again.
It is well over twelve months since last install and have now realised that backing up files is the way forward.

I have took the time to read the guide on the forum but I am definitely no expert

Thanks.

lemi
13-07-14, 14:01
Do you remember what softcam you used?You can download from http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/
or from feed.

Larry-G
13-07-14, 16:08
If you have a settings backup made from any earlier ViX image you can open it up using 7-zip to get your configuration files back.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

RottyDave
14-07-14, 08:28
When I reflashed I did try and use my saved settings when setting up, only to see a message that "settings are not compatible with this version"

It may sound obvious but is this because I re flashed with the Apollo 0.15- newer version?
I believe my original image was open vix2.3 ?

My older version of Softcam was
enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.1.3_1.1-r2_mipsel.ipk

Am I barking up the right tree?

Larry-G
14-07-14, 10:37
backups made from ViX 3.0 and below are not compatible with Apollo, you can extract the contents of the backup with 7-zip if you need to retrieve config files etc.

DaMacFunkin
14-07-14, 10:48
Even though your older backup isn't compatible it will still exist on your storage device and you should be able to FTP it to your computer and use 7zip to find your config files as Phoenix says, I'm currently about a thousand miles away from my boxes so I can't tell you the exact path of the back up.