PDA

View Full Version : Softcam in Blackhole

nas_matko
20-11-10, 01:06
I am not sure if I got it right, but it looks like Blackhole doesn't allow you to use any softcams.
Is that correct?

I am using cryptoworks card which is not supported by deafult in Vu plus duo, so it was necessary for me to use scam. Last night I upgraded to latest Blackhole, but couldn't find any way to install scam (or any other softcam).

silverfox0786
20-11-10, 01:09
at present blackhole is funded by vuplus so they must keep their images legal. this means they dont support softcams.

rumers are that google will show you the way in which you can get softcams to work

basilyoung
20-11-10, 01:45
In some ways, its good that Blackhole image writers have done this, as we have had it too good over the last few years,
and if softcams are needed, they have to be "written in" now, some thing I for one, have forgotten how to do

But its good that a well known team is actively surporting the VU series

baz

canthackit
20-11-10, 08:05
@baz
sorry mate i totally disagree the blackhole mob have become completely dictatorial, i wouldn't use their images as a matter of principle, just read Sic's assessment's of them, he sums them up nicely.

next part is easy mate just put your chosen cam into /usr/bin and edit the CI file accordingly..........................hope i aint broke any rules here :nono:

regards: canthackit

Larry-G
20-11-10, 08:17
while i'm not a fan of the blackhole series of images for any receiver i do agree with BAZ that things have been too easy for way too long in this hobby we call satellite tv.
as i have no doubt said numerous times i have been playing with satellite for over 20 plus years and i do remember the times when you had to manually install every thing from key files to plugins and smart cards. the same is true for all hobys be it satellite tv or games consoles, we who were here in the beginning had to do every thing the hard way and we are better off for it. those who are new to the hobby need help in absolutely every area and it is rare to find any so called newbie who actually does some of the work for them selves without jumping head first into a thread asking for help.

dont get me wrong i'm not insulting newbies to satellite but a little work on their part would not hurt.

bob1
20-11-10, 09:49
I am not sure if I got it right, but it looks like Blackhole doesn't allow you to use any softcams.
Is that correct?

I am using cryptoworks card which is not supported by deafult in Vu plus duo, so it was necessary for me to use scam. Last night I upgraded to latest Blackhole, but couldn't find any way to install scam (or any other softcam).

They don't want people to use softcams which doesn't mean you can't ,in fact you can ,you have got to ask yourself why haven't they totally removed reference to softcam in the image,it still has softcam setup in there.

MikeW
20-11-10, 09:54
Hmmmm, don't get it... The Vu+ receivers DO NOT WORK without a softcam for most users...??!?
-And that's why nearly ALL 3rd party images support that. Softcams are no more illegal than P2P sharing programs.

bob1
20-11-10, 10:07
Yes but it whats you might potentially do with it that would be illegal , it is totally stupid really were would you stop ,getting rid of the Internet completely would be a good start.

Larry-G
20-11-10, 10:40
Hmmmm, don't get it... The Vu+ receivers DO NOT WORK without a softcam for most users...??!?
-And that's why nearly ALL 3rd party images support that. Softcams are no more illegal than P2P sharing programs.

that however is not the point. while we all know the benefits of having a linux based receiver and some of the things we can do with them. they are marketed as FTA receivers for legal reasons. yes you can install a softcam on virtually all images even on the original images however they do not officially support them.

Donnie
20-11-10, 10:48
There is a very easy solution to the problem, there is a file available that you can add to replace the current Blackhole server, the new file links you to the Nabilo addons server.

chris-k
20-11-10, 10:52
you can add another download server in your vu+ with BH images and then download cams from addons.
check out this post big thx to MKD, http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3909-New-Download-Server-For-BlackHole-Images

Baahh to late Donnie had the same thought,,,i´m so slow.....

Sicilian
20-11-10, 10:54
There is a very easy solution to the problem, there is a file available that you can add to replace the current Blackhole server, the new file links you to the Nabilo addons server.

Sorry that wont be discussed here, we're not doing DE's dirty work. They can discuss on their forum is they like :)

Sicilian
20-11-10, 11:01
you can add another download server in your vu+ with BH images and then download cams from addons.
check out this post big thx to MKD, http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3909-New-Download-Server-For-BlackHole-Images

Baahh to late Donnie had the same thought,,,i´m so slow.....

File removed, sorry we're not here to do DE's dirty work.

chris-k
20-11-10, 11:42
ok sorry for that,,, :angel: was never my intention to do anyones dirty work:trustme: since it was a post on this sight i thought it was safe :o
thx for pointing it out Sic :beer_toast:

Sicilian
20-11-10, 11:58
ok sorry for that,,, :angel: was never my intention to do anyones dirty work:trustme: since it was a post on this sight i thought it was safe :o
thx for pointing it out Sic :beer_toast:

Not your fault m8, that one slipped the net :roflmao:

I just find it a bit of a liberty when on their site they wont host or even link to anyone else's image, yet our bandwidth is used for theirs and any other image available. So dont really see why other forums should provide files for their softcam downloads.

Likvid
20-11-10, 12:51
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx

basilyoung
20-11-10, 13:23
ref to my comments
it was not a pat on the back for the black hole team, or there stance
the point of my post, was simple
any image, on the VU can be manuelly alter,d, to suite the needs of the end user

with ref to its good that the Black hole team now surport the VU ( all be it with the limitations impossed )
I simply meant that the focus of image writers, for what ever reason, are no longer in the clutches of a single manufacturer
my personnal image preference is the VIX image, and this is nothing to do with the forum that produced it, its simply the best image in my opinion

the thread, seems to have moved over to a ( now deleted ) link that allows various downloads to the DE image, this goes against the point of my post
its time, perhaps, to get away from reliance on image downloads

baz

Likvid
20-11-10, 13:48
I must say myself that BH is a really good image or the best i ever tried, i need working DVB-T so the choice was obvious for me, it got the latest drivers and based on 5.4 image, it shares the same setup as the old DE images so the configuration is straightforward if you know what to do.

Also i can understand they don't want it to be packed with EMUs and such as Vuplus is behind the image now.

basilyoung
20-11-10, 13:55
I must say myself that BH is a really good image or the best i ever tried, i need working DVB-T so the choice was obvious for me, it got the latest drivers and based on 5.4 image, it shares the same setup as the old DE images so the configuration is straightforward if you know what to do.

Also i can understand they don't want it to be packed with EMUs and such as Vuplus is behind the image now.

This is exactly my point,
image chioce, is the end users chioce, but the abilty to get the image working to the needs of the user, is key
so when the simple option ( downloads ) is not available, we there fore need to be able to install or write files to enable the various needs of the end user

baz

Sicilian
20-11-10, 14:46
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx

Likvid, please stop posting and promoting this! you asked via pm and I said no, please stop going against my wishes. I'm going to have a discussion with the other mods here about this issue to decide what we're going to allow.