PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Recording from EPG

bbbuk
12-07-14, 17:54
Hi,

When I press the red Record button from the EPG (ie to record that specific single program), I get prompted to choose all different options.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to get it to just default to the record that specific program (ie option 1) without the extra prompt.

This is more of a preference of mine to make my box mirror as close to $k* as possible to make it easier for my other half.

I apologise if my question is not related to the Image at all, and it's related to something else like the EPG.

I use CrossEPG with the BlueHD skin.

Thanks in advance.

nsw9154
12-07-14, 19:18
Hello just go in to menu/setup/system/Recording settings and just change to your preference so for
show message when recording starts - change it to NO :)

bbbuk
12-07-14, 19:40
Thanks for reply but I was referring to the extra options available when just doing a normal (one-off) timer record but removing the message about recording was another thing I was going to look into so thanks very much for that.

I did, however, managed to find it by playing around. I found it under Configure AutoTimer behavior. I selected none/no for Modify existing timers, and the two notifications on conflicts.

Thanks again.

bbbuk
12-07-14, 21:33
Ok, I have now noticed that when I press the Record button on, for example, Home & Away, and then choose Add AutoTimer (ie a series type link) it specifically sets timers to record Home & Away every Monday only.

Does anyone know how I can change the default AutoTimer settings so it records on any day of the week it finds a match, rather than just that specific day initially selected?

bbbuk
14-07-14, 21:46
I still can't seem to change the default AutoTimer setting to record everyday by default rather than the specific day initially chosen (ie weekly).

Is AutoTimer a separate plug-in as such which is just added to the Image? If it is a separate plug-in then could someone point me in the right direction for support (ie author's website, etc)?

Thanks in advance.

judge
14-07-14, 21:53
It's all part of the image.
When in ViX EPG, highlight the show you want to record, press blue button for Add AutoTimer, untick Only on Weekday:

bbbuk
14-07-14, 22:29
Thanks, that is the only way I can get it to add without using a specific day.

If I go through the EPG, highlight show, click record button, then scroll down to add AutoTimer it doesn't give me these options.

I'm just trying to get it as easy to use as $k* box is for other half... and that is basically it records any episode daily. This is why I've been trying to find such an option to record on any day, not just specific day (unless of course I use blue button.

Is there any way of changing any settings/source files (if allowed) manually so that it defaults to record on any day even when pressing the record button?

Thanks again for your help, it's appreciated.

judge
14-07-14, 22:42
Try long press blue for AutoTimer screen, then menu button for options to set up defaults on AutoTimers.
Been a while since I've used it so not sure of the correct button presses.

judge
14-07-14, 22:48
I'm just trying to get it as easy to use as $k* box is for other half...

Also, if you want the ease of use of a SKY box, best use a SKY box, they have billions of $$$ to spare in development.
If you want the ease of use in an E2 box, I'm biased but I'd use ViX.
Any E2 box will have lots more options than any SKY box will ever have, but can be a bit tricky to configure due to the amount of options.

bbbuk
15-07-14, 12:50
Try long press blue for AutoTimer screen, then menu button for options to set up defaults on AutoTimers.
Been a while since I've used it so not sure of the correct button presses.I have found the settings for changing defaults for the AutoTimers from within the menus (not sure if long press on blue would take me to same settings page and I will try when home later).

However, no where could I see from the options available where I could choose either a specific day chosen or any day of the week.

I will try and get a screen grab of this settings page and post it when I get home in case it's there just not obvious to me.

Thanks again.

bbbuk
15-07-14, 18:02
Attached are screen grabs from settings and default setting related to AutoTimer that I could find.

I personally couldn't see anything that could be related to setting the default action for either record the same show on a specific day (ie the day initially chosen) or any day that show is on. I know if you press the blue 'AutoTimer' when using epg you can tick/untick that option but not when pressing the record button and then selecting AutoTimer, nor set the default action to record the show regardless of day.

bbbuk
16-07-14, 19:29
Hi,

How I can make a possible suggestion to add a feature to the AutoTimer that can allow default to be set for recording either anyday there is a autotimer match on the EPG or specific day actually chosen (which is the current default)?

Sorry to be a pain.

Thanks again