PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Possibly problem by restoring settings/plugins when it was assigned a fix IP?

snoopy2013
11-07-14, 10:48
Hello,

I already often had problems with restore settings/plugins after a reflash (whether done via usb-stick or with the Vix-Image Manager).

Either the box hangs after restoring when restarting with rotating spinner "Vix" or (so yesterday evening after flashing build 015) the box has suddenly no network connection anymore (despite correct IP addresses etc.). In the latter case, it also doesn`t help to reboot the box or set via DHCP or re-enter the fixed IP ... :confused:

Now my question:

Could it possibly be a general problem with restore settings/plugins, if previously (and thus contain in the backup of settings/plugins) a fix IP address was assigned to the box?

Regards

bellejt
11-07-14, 11:00
I have duo2 and fixed ip.Never had any problem with that.

snoopy2013
11-07-14, 11:14
Okay, thank`s for reply.

Then I have to look any further, what could be the cause of my problems.

Larry-G
11-07-14, 11:35
I have duo2 and fixed ip.Never had any problem with that.

Same here, I never use DHCP on any receiver, I always manually assign each receiver its own fixed IP address and never have issues restoring plugins via a settings restore.

DaMacFunkin
11-07-14, 13:09
I have solo2 and duo2 with manually assigned ip and I have never had any problems with settings restore, could it be your router not refreshing?

bbbuk
11-07-14, 18:16
I have Solo2 but use DHCP but have set the router to always allocate the same IP address to the solo2 and don't have any issues restoring settings.

Larry-G
12-07-14, 07:28
Just a thought here but are you sure your receiver has a active internet connection at the time you are restoring the backup ?, the reason I ask is because the receiver will connect to the image feeds and re-download the plugins in your backup from the feeds, they are not saved in the backup it self.

snoopy2013
13-07-14, 10:54
Hello,

yes the receiver has a active internet connection. No idea what was the cause.

Well, I now have reflashed on my receivers again build 015 and everything set up again.

Online update to build 018 has also works smoothly. :)

So now everything is once well and I hope it stays that way ...

Regards

Larry-G
13-07-14, 10:57
Hello,

yes the receiver has a active internet connection. No idea what was the cause.

Well, I now have reflashed on my receivers again build 015 and everything set up again.

Online update to build 018 has also works smoothly. :)

So now everything is once well and I hope it stays that way ...

Regards

If you are happy with the way you currently have the receiver and Image setup, I would advise you to make a full image backup via the image manager, for safe keeping.

snoopy2013
13-07-14, 13:12
Done ... :D

On this occasion:
Thanks again to the whole team for the great image and and the patient support! :thumbsup: