PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Box not recognising USB on boot - preventing me from flashing

selondoner
09-07-14, 22:34
Currently having an issue with flashing my Vu Duo. Been happily flashing my box up until Apollo 007 and when I have tried to upgrade to 015 the box no longer recognises the USB stick.

The display flashes slightly as though it notices the USB for a moment but just keeps on Starting... and then booting up as normal.

Tried five different USB sticks and all 3 slots. Im stumped.

Think the file structure is right:

All formatted as FAT32:

When I plug them in when the box is on they are recognised and I get 'no displayable media' so ports work.

Cant think what else to try. Any ideas?

judge
09-07-14, 22:39
Any other USB devices plugged in?
As you are on a pretty recent image, you could make a settings back-up.
Blue button -> ViX -> Backup Manager -> Green button.
Then use Image Manager to download build 015.
Blue button -> ViX -> Image Manager -> Yellow button.
Once downloaed, in Image Manager, blue button to flash the image.
Then restore the previous settings & plugin back up on reboot.

selondoner
09-07-14, 23:11
Wow, very quick reply and response that sorted my problem out in 5 minutes. Thanks judge.

Had no idea this was even possible. Any reason not to do it this way every time a reflash is required? Saves bothering with sticks.

judge
10-07-14, 00:12
Had no idea this was even possible. Any reason not to do it this way every time a reflash is required? Saves bothering with sticks.

Hopefully not... Does make it quite easy but does still fail the odd time. Never had an issue with it though on fail, just reboot the box & try again.
An online update automatically backups settings & plugins, a couch flash doesn't. So best to remember the back-up first before doing it.

tomos
11-07-14, 10:15
Any other USB devices plugged in?
As you are on a pretty recent image, you could make a settings back-up.
Blue button -> ViX -> Backup Manager -> Green button.
Then use Image Manager to download build 015.
Blue button -> ViX -> Image Manager -> Yellow button.
Once downloaed, in Image Manager, blue button to flash the image.
Then restore the previous settings & plugin back up on reboot.
This is a great way of reflashing,
Thanks Judge

bellejt
11-07-14, 10:34
i will do that also next time.Then I do not have to remove the usb stick every time in the back.

nsw9154
11-07-14, 11:40
I will try it out with the next image it will save me forgetting to disconnect my external Hard Drive from the rear USB port as well :rolleyes: