PDA

View Full Version : EPG problems on a VTI image

birdie50
19-11-10, 16:17
I am trying to get the epg 7 day up and running. Rytec sources from Sky italy and sky deutschland seem to be loading but rytec xmluk is not loading. Can anyone help?

sunlight786
21-11-10, 11:55
i am having same issue as you got mate.lets see if we can sort this out.

martyd
22-11-10, 10:14
you using epgrefresh? if so it seems to be down 0 events showing on all sats

sunlight786
22-11-10, 22:09
no mate i am not using epg refresh at all, all i done flash my box with vti 2.2 image then i send b16mcc sly uk bouquets in to my box, then i enable the epg to download automatically with ryteck uk in the source list, then yellow button to down load the epg manually for the first time and set a time for every day.
after doing all this i still have epg for now&next

then i tried to ftp the satmate epg 1.03 ipk script into temp folder then install it manually. box start it to download then it goes into stand by position.i restart the GUI and again checked the epg is still on now&next.
please tell me what i am doing wrong here?

silverfox0786
22-11-10, 22:24
try using crossepg that should give 7 days atleast mine i can scroll 7 days worth [but then it might be because i have vix]

martyd
23-11-10, 10:51
its not the new image at fault and some people on this forum are pushing vix a little too much me thinks, rytec updates are not working on an old vti image either pause for thought if everyone uses vix other teams fold what you gonna do then? i accept its an option but thats all it is

marty
23-11-10, 11:00
some people on this forum are pushing vix a little too much me thinks,

Have you asked yourself why? have you tried it?

I havn't had my VU+DUO too long but find the VIX image the better of the lot :)
Before I got the VU+ I had a DM800 and played with/tested load of different images. Some were good and others terrible but NONE seems to have all the features and ease of use I really wanted (I ended up with the Dream Elite Phoenix image) but with the VIX 1.2 image it just seems to have everying and it actually works too!!!!!

I did test the VTI 2.2 image the other day, within 30 mins VIX was back on again :p

martyd
23-11-10, 11:51
if every time someone has a problem with a plugin or a softcam they are told to use vix which is the way this forum has appeared to go 1) they dont learn anything 2) as i said earlier monopoly's are a recipe for disaster plus i totally disagree go to any other forum and the consensus leans heavily towards BH its so much better other people are now using BH's work and it still looks good its about opinion i know but pointing people towards vix is not the complete answer lots of flavours try them all not for one day but a few weeks.

Ojustaboo
23-11-10, 12:11
if every time someone has a problem with a plugin or a softcam they are told to use vix which is the way this forum has appeared to go 1) they dont learn anything 2) as i said earlier monopoly's are a recipe for disaster plus i totally disagree go to any other forum and the consensus leans heavily towards BH its so much better other people are now using BH's work and it still looks good its about opinion i know but pointing people towards vix is not the complete answer lots of flavours try them all not for one day but a few weeks.

Agree 100%

While I personally find Vix to be the best of a bad bunch, (every image I've tried has annoying bugs) it's very very healthy to have competition (not tried BH though, might give it a try next time my box screws up, which going by the past few months, will be within the next week).

Not only that, but unless I misunderstand, we are very heavily relying on one person (Andy) for Vix. Should he decide for whatever reason to stop supporting it (or get hit by a bus etc) what then if there's no good competition.

I wonder if there might be different h/w versions of the Duo? It seems odd how certain groups of people experience the same bugs when no other person does. Talking about say a clean flash of an image, no added/deleted packages etc.

martyd
23-11-10, 14:34
not on your own boo i have no axe to grind and i promote nothing but been using images for a while and every bug gets sorted i have used vti for three months black hole three months vix a week just not for me and if people are spoon fed vix every time they have an issue goodbye other teams, i see people on here who dont have a clue promoting a single image constantly i never remember seeing this happen with DB,s

silverfox0786
23-11-10, 14:39
not on your own boo i have no axe to grind and i promote nothing but been using images for a while and every bug gets sorted i have used vti for three months black hole three months vix a week just not for me and if people are spoon fed vix every time they have an issue goodbye other teams, i see people on here who dont have a clue promoting a single image constantly i never remember seeing this happen with DB,s

its not so much promoting one image but more this is the home of vix so its more talked about

this forum is open to all image talk and help

Sicilian
23-11-10, 14:45

No one is forcing anyone to use any particular image. We provide support, HDD space for images and paid bandwidth for more or less all VU+ images out there, unlike some other forums I could mention. BH's forums dont even allow a download link to our image yet we provide gigabytes of bandwidth for members to download their image. The only thing I/we haven't allowed is talk on how to install softcams into BH image, because going by their releases notes its against their wishes.

The reason most members here a biased towards the VIX here is because its our image, like it would be at VTI or BH's forums.

If you dont like VIX image, fine dont use it, but why slag it off?? I'm not a great lover BH images, but I dont sit here saying its not for me or slagging it off, I simply dont use it :)

martyd
23-11-10, 15:13
read again sic no one has slagged off anyone, im not promoting DE its all observation, there has been a tendency to point in the direction of vix for simple probs and people should be trying all images for the sake of survival i appreciate your point on b/width but that just improves your kudos in the world of forums, we all need help occasionally and its always appreciated.