PDA

View Full Version : Can we have a bit of perspective?

twol
09-07-14, 19:12
Lets get this out of the way...... I love this site, I love the support and I appreciate the sponsors support for this .... and other sites.

I also realise the sponsor has a business to run.

But when you look at the comments of the support group and the issues we see with some suppliers, isn't it about time we were completely honest?

Some boxes are for enthusiast's .. until problems are fixed... and some boxes are for the newcomer where thy can transfer to an E2 box easily without too many problems with the brilliant recent handbook by Rob.

Can we please start differentiating between models where suppliers want to ship high volumes ( without providing the support..... Ideal for enthusiasts) and those where the support team on this site get good support and can provide a better image to newcomers?

I realise I am probably wasting my breath, but this is a brilliant site but one that seems to take on any new model that will make money?

In the meantime Germany for World Champions!

Larry-G
09-07-14, 19:18
Lets get this out of the way...... I love this site, I love the support and I appreciate the sponsors support for this .... and other sites.

I also realise the sponsor has a business to run.

But when you look at the comments of the support group and the issues we see with some suppliers, isn't it about time we were completely honest?

Some boxes are for enthusiast's .. until problems are fixed... and some boxes are for the newcomer where thy can transfer to an E2 box easily without too many problems with the brilliant recent handbook by Rob.

Can we please start differentiating between models where suppliers want to ship high volumes ( without providing the support..... Ideal for enthusiasts) and those where the support team on this site get good support and can provide a better image to newcomers?

I realise I am probably wasting my breath, but this is a brilliant site but one that seems to take on any new model that will make me money?

The simple fact of the matter is that we do not provide support for Illegal, counterfeit hardware on this site and it has nothing to do with what the sponsor sells or does not sell. These Chinese copies of popular enigma2 receivers are shoddily built and frankly dangerous.

If you as a user choose to use one of these boxes with a unofficial ViX image then so be it, but you need not come here asking for help with it when things go wrong. we choose who we provide our support to and we will not be forced into offering support to users who have been conned into buying a receiver with so called "official ViX image support".

End of story.

Larry-G
09-07-14, 19:30
p.s that's a bloody long winded attempt at saying can we please have support for clones on the forum.

nsw9154
09-07-14, 20:33
Well spoken pheonix :thumbsup:

twol
09-07-14, 20:36
Phoenix, I would suggest you cool down and re-read the message.
Clones are the worst problem we have.
The problem is that they are getting very good with their marketing and one has to question whether some of the suppliers currentl available are just really clones.
Just because they sign aretailers agreement doesn't mean they are a reputable company, which in my eyes mean somebody that can provide adequate support to the retailers and people that for example provide the Vix image.

I probably have a better knowledege of many of the company's providing technology in this area and certainly would not be selling some of these boxes if i was in the retail business.

There are boxes in the marketplace that just should not be supported at the moment - but then I don't have to do the hard work in creating the work that supports their business - you and people like Andy have to do that....enjoy

barry2012
09-07-14, 20:57
If you pay for cheap digital receivers or buy from flebay or gumtree then you get what you deserve
buy from Reputable Sources and you get qaulity with a guarantee. I got mine from tradeworks never again :mad:

tomthebomb1968
10-07-14, 01:42
Just read the original post and to be honest I didnt think it was a long or short winded way of asking the forum to support clones. What i took out was that twol was hinting at problems like the gigablue and TM boxes have had. I dont know what these problems are but I have seen many posts re these 2 makes.

After purchasing a TM9100 super and then a TM800 that were virtually dropped off the earth by TM I would never purchase one of their receivers again no matter who recommeded it. They left too many people in the lurch who paid good money for them only to be left with a box with very little development. Yes the development really comes from the teams that do the images but these guys will abandon the projects when the manufacturers dont provide them with at least a decent starting point.

judge
10-07-14, 01:52
Just read the original post and to be honest I didnt think it was a long or short winded way of asking the forum to support clones. What i took out was that twol was hinting at problems like the gigablue and TM boxes have had. I dont know what these problems are but I have seen many posts re these 2 makes.

If @twol wants to actually mention the box manufacturers he's concerned with, maybe there's a point in this thread.
Without that, it's pointless.

tomthebomb1968
10-07-14, 01:56
Yeah I do think that there is a "vagueness" in the post but I never thought it was about clones at any point.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

twol
10-07-14, 08:42

After purchasing a TM9100 super and then a TM800 that were virtually dropped off the earth by TM I would never purchase one of their receivers again no matter who recommeded it. They left too many people in the lurch who paid good money for them only to be left with a box with very little development. Yes the development really comes from the teams that do the images but these guys will abandon the projects when the manufacturers dont provide them with at least a decent starting point.

Yep, I was vague on purpose but you have named some of the suppliers I was thinking about... clones don't provide anything, dump on the marketplace and cause immense issues for new users.
Suppliers have development, distribution channels and support the market price (win:win for them and the retailer), they also have a support channel...... but we seem to have an increasing number of suppliers coming to the market that have forgotten the last item (support) - and for the ViX team and especially newbies that is a real problem, when drivers are poor and the "added value" features that decided you on buying the box are missing.

I currently have an issue with my latest box, but at least the supplier jumped in to rectify the issue and they have a support guy in Germany that you can actually talk to directly - makes a change.

Bottom line?. I have no issue with retailers selling to enthusiasts as they should know what they are buying, but for an innocent newbie, it is a shock and the support team end up with more issues than need be (in my view).
perhaps instead of always trying to sell their stock, there could be a little bit of customer advise issued?...... there are plenty of good boxes in the marketplace, but perhaps not the latest, greatest!

judge
10-07-14, 08:51
Still no idea what you're on about.

twol
10-07-14, 10:05
Still no idea what you're on about.
So all suppliers deliver all the features first advertised on first delivery, support is absolutely wonderful and the ViX team just install the new drivers and ship the working image and box out the next day?
... or do you just like shipping out boxes with issues on them?

judge
10-07-14, 10:08
Are you looking for a troll award? or have you something to say?
Once again, still no idea what you're on about.

Mr. Mister
10-07-14, 11:55
Ye need to make yourself more clear..

No one can help if you dont say exactly what the problem is..

Name the box..?? Name the image build.. ?? Whats has the retailer done wrong.. ??

If you dont.. This thread YOU started.. is a waste of time..

Mr. Mister
10-07-14, 11:59
So all suppliers deliver all the features first advertised on first delivery,

Example.. ??

support is absolutely wonderful and the ViX team just install the new drivers and ship the working image and box out the next day?

99.9% of users would be delighted with that.. And thats exactly the service world of satellite provide

... or do you just like shipping out boxes with issues on them?

Im 100% sure world of satellite has never done that..

barry2012
10-07-14, 14:08
have got the technomate - nano oe think its a fantastic box //But if anyone buys a box off a site thats got a very good name then
send it back for tests guarantee comes with all boxs except on certain fleabay dodgy sellers