PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] where is DVB section in plugins for Sundtek ?

uscool
09-07-14, 18:22
Hi, so i decided to flash new build 015 and restore settings, thought would take few mins, did it from earlier build which was quick, i have a vu duo 2 with sundtek usb dvb c , i cannot see DVB in plugins so cant download sundtek , also mgcamd stopped working , uninstalled and manually installed and still same, so decided to flash again and install everything from scratch

i found sundtek file for enigma 2 from searching google

Thanks

Peterj
09-07-14, 18:29
It should be in feed. If not, here is the latest ipk.

uscool
09-07-14, 18:30
It should be in feed. If not, here is ipk.

is that the latest one ? i also see this one enigma2-plugin-extensions-sundtekcontrolcenter_1.4.0-20140223-r2_all

i cant see it in feeds anywhere also there is no dvb section in plugins

Alanp
09-07-14, 18:53
is that the latest one ? i also see this one enigma2-plugin-extensions-sundtekcontrolcenter_1.4.0-20140223-r2_all

i cant see it in feeds anywhere also there is no dvb section in plugins

That is the latest one

DaMacFunkin
09-07-14, 19:13
When you do settings back up and restore, it only backs up and restores the sundtek control panel, not the driver, this is why your sundtek stick doesn't work and you can't find the control center download in the feeds... It is already installed, after a settings restore you need to go to sundtek control panel via the blue button and reinstall the driver then reboot the box. It's another case of sundtek trying to be too clever... Just make the drivers available via an ipk instead of the 'control panel', we are not impressed.

uscool
09-07-14, 19:22
When you do settings back up and restore, it only backs up and restores the sundtek control panel, not the driver, this is why your sundtek stick doesn't work and you can't find the control center download in the feeds... It is already installed, after a settings restore you need to go to sundtek control panel via the blue button and reinstall the driver then reboot the box. It's another case of sundtek trying to be too clever... Just make the drivers available via an ipk instead of the 'control panel', we are not impressed.

hi, it didnt restore sundtek control panel, and it aint in plugins to install again with build 015

uscool
09-07-14, 19:25
Hi, getting abit frustrating now enigma2-plugin-extensions-sundtekcontrolcenter_current_all.ipk , there is no option to auto restart, so whenever i restart box tuner is gone, untill i go back into sundtek control panel and restart tuner, what was the older version before in feeds ? as that had auto restart option and never had issues with that

judge
09-07-14, 19:33
Hi, getting abit frustrating now enigma2-plugin-extensions-sundtekcontrolcenter_current_all.ipk , there is no option to auto restart, so whenever i restart box tuner is gone, untill i go back into sundtek control panel and restart tuner, what was the older version before in feeds ? as that had auto restart option and never had issues with that

It is in the plugin feeds, looks like it's been moved though. Can now be found under extensions.
It does also have an autostart option.

uscool
09-07-14, 19:52
It is in the plugin feeds, looks like it's been moved though. Can now be found under extensions.
It does also have an autostart option.

found the auto restart, was in a rush so wasnt looking properly

Thanks

sundtek
09-07-14, 20:17

well it is not a good idea to provide a statical IPK package for our drivers. Once we provide some new hardware everyone can easily update the drivers even without downloading a new IPK package (basically no one has to care about new devices and they will just work automatically among all the different systems)
Aside of that, the IPK package itself would not allow to configure the network streaming feature of the driver (you can stream from routers, or NAS systems to settopboxes with it; it's also possible to use the same functionality with Windows, eg to stream from routers/NAS/etc systems to Windows and use it as a virtual BDA driver; I guess the Android driver will be available within the next 1-2 months it already works in our lab with our new devices (also with the old ones) and the network streaming feature to Linux or Windows also works with Android).
If you look at http://sundtek.de/media I doubt that anyone would like to keep track of so many updates.
The driver package itself contains drivers for multiple different devices, the whole installed package is around 3-4 MB big.
Settopboxes aren't our main business but we'd like to take care about things we can support so customers won't have too much trouble with it.

Alanp
13-07-14, 07:52
found the auto restart, was in a rush so wasnt looking properly

Thanks

I can't find auto restart where did you find it Thanks

Peterj
13-07-14, 09:02
Configuration support, show. (navigate right button).

DaMacFunkin
13-07-14, 13:21
well it is not a good idea to provide a statical IPK package for our drivers. Once we provide some new hardware everyone can easily update the drivers even without downloading a new IPK package (basically no one has to care about new devices and they will just work automatically among all the different systems)
Aside of that, the IPK package itself would not allow to configure the network streaming feature of the driver (you can stream from routers, or NAS systems to settopboxes with it; it's also possible to use the same functionality with Windows, eg to stream from routers/NAS/etc systems to Windows and use it as a virtual BDA driver; I guess the Android driver will be available within the next 1-2 months it already works in our lab with our new devices (also with the old ones) and the network streaming feature to Linux or Windows also works with Android).
If you look at http://sundtek.de/media I doubt that anyone would like to keep track of so many updates.
The driver package itself contains drivers for multiple different devices, the whole installed package is around 3-4 MB big.
Settopboxes aren't our main business but we'd like to take care about things we can support so customers won't have too much trouble with it.

Err like I said too clever, most people on this forum are using your products with E2 set top boxes and on the occasions they need to upgrade their image they would like the convenience of the driver being restored when they restore their backed up settings, not having to do a seperate download, reboot and re input settings, I'm quite sure that one of the mods here would be happy to update the feeds with your MIPS based driver to make back up,reflash,restore a more automated process.

Alanp
13-07-14, 17:35
Configuration support, show. (navigate right button).

I can see the menu you are talking about but how do you changes Autostart to yes Thanks

Rob van der Does
13-07-14, 17:41
Err like I said too clever, most people on this forum are using your products with E2 set top boxes and on the occasions they need to upgrade their image they would like the convenience of the driver being restored when they restore their backed up settings, not having to do a seperate download, reboot and re input settings, I'm quite sure that one of the mods here would be happy to update the feeds with your MIPS based driver to make back up,reflash,restore a more automated process.
There are more plugins that try to be 'clever'; most of the time by allowing to update itself and in this case to download drivers.
tbh: I detest those 'smart' thingies, as they go against the way we maintain and update images on STB's. Luckily there are not many, but thanks to Sundtek we have one more now :(
But there's not much we can do about it.

Peterj
13-07-14, 17:44
I can see the menu you are talking about but how do you changes Autostart to yes Thanks
choose line 'Autostart' with navigate button 'down'.
Set 'no' to 'yes' with navigate buton 'right'.
Press 'red' (Exit) button to save and leave SCC.

Alanp
14-07-14, 09:13
choose line 'Autostart' with navigate button 'down'.
Set 'no' to 'yes' with navigate buton 'right'.
Press 'red' (Exit) button to save and leave SCC.

Thanks got it now my problem was the line was not showing as selected in the sub menus (using Red HD skin)