PDA

View Full Version : [Venton Unibox HDx] Settings backup missing the user shell script directory

BoxFreak
09-07-14, 07:15
Hello,

As there have now been several occasions where an full install (with settings restore from backup) has been required I made an personal shell script that I could start from the ViX GUI, so I would not need to login to box with ssh and run script from there. Plan was great but the only problem is that the settings backup either does not contain or restore the script directory. Could that directory (and its contents) also be included in the backup/restore scripts?

abu baniaz
09-07-14, 22:12
See this thread CLICK HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?39053-Which-folder-should-I-tick-to-save-AutoBouquets-for-Backup)
Same process but select the directory you want.

BoxFreak
10-07-14, 05:58
Still I think that the directory could be included by default, as ViX GUI offers the possibility to run users shell scripts from the one and only one specified directory. As they are users own scripts the versioning issue (like it can be for plugins) should not be an problem.
But OK, I am happy just to add the directory to the backups by myself. Thanks once more to abu baniaz for pointing me to the right post.