PDA

View Full Version : Old gigabllue vix images

dazbaz996
07-07-14, 22:44
Hi All

I am looking for an older image of openvix. I am looking for openvix-3.0.766-gb800se_usb, the reason being that I am having issues with newer builds and my box rebooting.

I have tried the latest apollo, helios and zeus images, but I keep getting erratic reboots on my box.

I found an older version openvix-3.0.562-gb800se_usb that I downloaded last year and this seems solid, no reboots in the past few days. I read that 766 is also a good build. I bought my gigablue around September 2012, so its not the newer looking version. I purchased my box from world of satellite.

The reason that I want a later build is that 562 will not allow me to hide sections in auto bouquets, and this is driving me insane.. Also, i can;t update as it says the feeds are down.

Any help or links would be a great help

Many thanks

Darren

Larry-G
07-07-14, 22:48
Hi All

I am looking for an older image of openvix. I am looking for openvix-3.0.766-gb800se_usb, the reason being that I am having issues with newer builds and my box rebooting.

I have tried the latest apollo, helios and zeus images, but I keep getting erratic reboots on my box.

I found an older version openvix-3.0.562-gb800se_usb that I downloaded last year and this seems solid, no reboots in the past few days. I read that 766 is also a good build. I bought my gigablue early 2014, so its not the newer looking version. I purchased my box from world of satellite.

The reason that I want a later build is that 562 will not allow me to hide sections in auto bouquets, and this is driving me insane.. Also, i can;t update as it says the feeds are down.

Any help or links would be a great help

Many thanks

Darren

We no longer provide updates or fixes etc for OpenViX 3.0 as we are now building the Apollo series images, we also deleted all OpenViX 3.0 series images from our server so there now gone forever, as for the feeds we deleted those too as they were taking up unnecessary space on the server.

judge
07-07-14, 22:55
You'd be much better off using a current image & uploading debug logs created when the issue happens.
ViX 3.x feeds have been deleted & will never be restored, so using an 3.x build will always display feeds down notice.
I have 2 different GB boxes & neither suffer from this issue.
What TV are you using? Have you enabled HDMI CEC? Have you tried deleting the HDMI-CEC plugin?

dazbaz996
07-07-14, 23:22
You'd be much better off using a current image & uploading debug logs created when the issue happens.
ViX 3.x feeds have been deleted & will never be restored, so using an 3.x build will always display feeds down notice.
I have 2 different GB boxes & neither suffer from this issue.
What TV are you using? Have you enabled HDMI CEC? Have you tried deleting the HDMI-CEC plugin?

Thanks for the reply.

I have a 2013 model lg, got it at Christmas, haven't checked hdmi cec and to be honest, I don't know what this is.

I am trying to just troubleshoot at the moment. Installing an older image confirms that its not the box, so it must be the image or setting somewhere.I will download the latest image and give it another go. I will activate debug logs, thanks for the help

judge
07-07-14, 23:45
I have a 2013 model lg, got it at Christmas, haven't checked hdmi cec and to be honest, I don't know what this is.

More than likely supports HDMI CEC so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#CEC

I am trying to just troubleshoot at the moment. Installing an older image confirms that its not the box, so it must be the image or setting somewhere.I will download the latest image and give it another go. I will activate debug logs, thanks for the help
Installing an older image doesn't really confirm it's the image.
A newer image with debug logs is a lot more relevant than an older image with debug logs.
HDMI CEC is still a bit flakey with lots of TVs, I'd guess this is your issue or over heating.
The GB boxes I have get quite hot (but never reboot randomly), can you check the temp before your random reboots too?