PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Apollo Build 015, all user's please read. Re-Flash required

Sicilian
07-07-14, 20:06
All ViX users,

Due to an OE-Alliance issue we're very sorry to have to advise that Apollo Build 015 once again require's a flash and settings backup restore. Build 015 will be released shortly apart from Venton, Miraclebox and GI XPEED images.

If you have a Venton, Miraclebox or GI XPEED please be paitient and allow us sometime to test as there's been driver and Linux Kernel updates, we need to do some basic testing before releasing build 015+ for these brands. Hopefully will not be too long.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

sandiego69
07-07-14, 20:50
Ok I have read this 6 times!

jafer
07-07-14, 20:56
ok i know it

skronk
07-07-14, 20:57
Glad I stuck to the old 808 on my 2 receivers. Rock solid. I know I will have to change someday....but until then.....Newest is not always best !!

mrxbox360
07-07-14, 21:13
why is 015 set to unstable in the downloads section solo2 on 014 currently :confused:

judge
07-07-14, 21:33
why is 015 set to unstable in the downloads section solo2 on 014 currently :confused:

So users who want a stable image don't do an online update for now & to enable more testing of Venton, Miraclebox & GI XPEED builds.

Refresh your browser, build 015 is there for he Solo2.

mrxbox360
07-07-14, 22:01
So users who want a stable image don't do an online update for now & to enable more testing of Venton, Miraclebox & GI XPEED builds.

Refresh your browser, build 015 is there for he Solo2.

Hi thanks for the reply i did notice the solo2 build is there, but i was curious why the unstable status ill wait for the finished version :thumbsup:

Larry-G
07-07-14, 22:45
Hi thanks for the reply i did notice the solo2 build is there, but i was curious why the unstable status ill wait for the finished version :thumbsup:

It is the finished version, the feeds were set to unstable so that we could further test Venton, Miraclebox and the GI XPEED images, all others are available now and require a reflash, hence the reason for this thread.

nsw9154
08-07-14, 00:43
:) Thank you for the update personally I have no issues with doing a full re-flash as that is what I do all the time

and to be Truth full it is no big deal really and only the Lazy will complain :D :thumbsup:

Just Downloaded Apollo Version 15 from the Download feeds so I will have it on my Duo2 in about 5 mins

seame
08-07-14, 00:47
There'll be some knickers twisted when people realise they have to do the dreaded full reflash :eek: :eek: :eek:

I "couch flashed" the other day and can't believe how quick it all was, just a matter of minutes sorts it out.

cactikid
08-07-14, 01:02
omg:eek:here we go again time to get the brains working on a new full reflash with no backups used -too old,i must say i liked apollo 3,see i missed a few again:thumbsup:

nsw9154
08-07-14, 01:08
:cool: oopppssssssssssss Sorry I was wrong :rolleyes: The total time from putting Apollo15 on to my 4gig Kingston DataTraveller memory stick

Then switching my Duo2 back on and doing a FULL RE-FLASH With System and Plugin restore and then watching Sports F1 British GP Replay was

4 mins 50 seconds :thumbsup: man this Duo2 is FAST :roflmao:

chrcoluk
08-07-14, 04:03
It does seem like its constant beta testing, I got my box at the start of the year and apparently all these name changes and full reflashes didnt used to be anywhere near as common.

isnt the solution to version frezee OE-Alliance code until they get their act together? only update the other components as its OE-Alliance that seems to be the reason.

what is this OE-Alliance issue , why isnt the details disclosed?

Rob van der Does
08-07-14, 06:59
If you think you're a good coder: please join the team.
As for details: you can follow all on GiT-HUB,

nezzeo
08-07-14, 07:35
All ViX users,

Due to an OE-Alliance issue we're very sorry to have to advise that Apollo Build 015 once again require's a flash and settings backup restore. Build 015 will be released shortly apart from Venton, Miraclebox and GI XPEED images.

If you have a Venton, Miraclebox or GI XPEED please be paitient and allow us sometime to test as there's been driver and Linux Kernel updates, we need to do some basic testing before releasing build 015+ for these brands. Hopefully will not be too long.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Is it safe to flash the 015 from here or is it beta/test: http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Miraclebox-Twin/

thanks dude :D

Sicilian
08-07-14, 07:47
Venton HDx, Miraclebox Premium Twin and XPEED LX3 image have been released. MB Mini image should be released later.

Larry-G
08-07-14, 08:17
It does seem like its constant beta testing, I got my box at the start of the year and apparently all these name changes and full reflashes didnt used to be anywhere near as common.

isnt the solution to version frezee OE-Alliance code until they get their act together? only update the other components as its OE-Alliance that seems to be the reason.

what is this OE-Alliance issue , why isnt the details disclosed?

Is it safe to flash the 015 from here or is it beta/test: http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Miraclebox-Twin/

thanks dude :D

The Image has been under constant development since the day ViX 1.0 was released, most of the time it works perfectly fine and goes off without a hitch, but sometimes it does not, regardless if we ever thought for a second that a update was in any way dangerous to use on a customers receiver we would not publish it.

You also have to remember that we do all of this on our own time, with no payment and often on our own receivers (yes sometimes we get test units provided for this purpose but not always).

billy2222
08-07-14, 09:59
Noticed there is an update for the TM Nano again , has the HDMI problem or the recording problem been sorted out,tried 14 and had the same problems,still on Helios as it's fairly stable.
Thanks Billy

nolan
08-07-14, 10:12
I think i'll just wait a bit until i update my ultimo. I'm quite pleased with the open vix image Helios 017 i'm running now.

Rob van der Does
08-07-14, 10:17
Ultimo is fine on Apollo 15.

scouse645
08-07-14, 10:40
Thanks for the hard work on the new image:thumbsup: flashed my vusolo2 at midnight with no problems, i appreciate the unpaid work done on images:)

bassethound
08-07-14, 11:47
Great work Vix team this is the first Miraclebox build that has flashed and restored my backup and plugins with no problems :thumbsup:

Sicilian
08-07-14, 12:11
Miraclebox Mini HD, using Apollo 015 onwards you now require a new bootloader.

1) Flash the bootloader HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?39296-Miraclebox-Mini-HD-new-bootloader-4-29-25-05-2014&p=301140#post301140).
2) Once bootloader is flashed you can now flash Apollo 015 HERE (http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Miraclebox-Mini/)

wullboy
08-07-14, 13:20
This image just gets better day by day... keep up the good work guys !!

Blu-ray
08-07-14, 14:10
Glad I stuck to the old 808 on my 2 receivers. Rock solid. I know I will have to change someday....but until then.....Newest is not always best !!

Same here on old 808 won't change till I have to.

snoopy2013
08-07-14, 14:36
All ViX users,

Due to an OE-Alliance issue we're very sorry to have to advise that Apollo Build 015 once again require's a flash and settings backup restore.

Hi there,

at my last attempts of "couch-flashing" with build 008, 012 and 014 (download build 008/012/014 with Vix Image Manager and then restore this image and settings/plugins), my boxes are unfortunately stucked always by starting with rotating spinner "Vix". In this cases, only help was a complete newflash. :confused:

So my question is:

Is there any difference between "couch-flashing" and restore settings/plugins or flash an new Image with usb-stick and then restore settings/plugins?

Or possibly is there still something else I have to consider, when executing "couchflashing"?

Regards

girginoz
08-07-14, 14:44
This image just gets better day by day... keep up the good work guys !!

:thumbsup: always the latest. Trust in this team never failed me.

khan888
08-07-14, 14:59
:thumbsup: always the latest. Trust in this team never failed me.
Flashing by image manager takes literally 5 minutes and restoring by backup...excellent as always!

rossi2000
08-07-14, 15:02
i never restore anything and always set up from scratch, it doenst take that long really.

Rob van der Does
08-07-14, 15:57
i never restore anything and always set up from scratch, it doenst take that long really.
That will depend on your setup. Takes me over 30 minutes though.

invisiblelayer
08-07-14, 16:00
Miraclebox Mini HD, using Apollo 015 onwards you now require a new bootloader.

1) Flash the bootloader HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?39296-Miraclebox-Mini-HD-new-bootloader-4-29-25-05-2014&p=301140#post301140).
2) Once bootloader is flashed you can now flash Apollo 015 HERE (http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Miraclebox-Mini/)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

bellejt
08-07-14, 16:00
how do you update with imagemanager ? I download the file but what then ?

Larry-G
08-07-14, 16:15
how do you update with imagemanager ? I download the file but what then ?
Highlight the image you want to flash and press the blue button (Restore).

Then wait for the box to flash and reboot, should take about two minutes.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

kiwiz
08-07-14, 16:24
Hahaha!! You rerally made me laught hard

bellejt
08-07-14, 16:26
ok will try that next time.Did reflash by usb and worked perfect.Just removing the usb in the back is anoying but livable with.

nsw9154
08-07-14, 17:02
I always use the Front USB port and never had a problem but like you say using the rear ones is rather a faf on
it would make them more accessible if they did not fit the HDMI plug right above them

bellejt
08-07-14, 17:26
for flashing I use the front usb also but have to remove the back usb stick with my picons and epg on it.It's removing and replacing on feeling but works fine in the end.

Larry-G
08-07-14, 17:37
for flashing I use the front usb also but have to remove the back usb stick with my picons and epg on it.It's removing and replacing on feeling but works fine in the end.

Yes thats the correct procedure for when flashing with a USB stick as the receiver tried to read both at the same time, this can cause the flash to fail and in the worst case scenario if this happens mid flash it can kill the receiver. You should always remove all other USB devices except for the one containing the image files. when using the Image manager, you can leave the USB stick containing picons etc in place.

nsw9154
08-07-14, 18:32
it would make them more accessible if they did not fit the HDMI plug right above them

I should have said Ethernet lead :rolleyes::o

copex
08-07-14, 19:55
:thumbsup: flashing via the image manager - ftp, restore, restore settings, done :-)

Creators
09-07-14, 17:17
Ultimo is fine on Apollo 15.

Thanks Rob, perhaps now is a good time to reflash from the old 3.0? :confused:

Rob van der Does
09-07-14, 17:29
Why the question mark?

Creators
09-07-14, 17:48
Quite simply I would like to reflash to Apollo, but there is a lot of conflicting information. If all is well with Ultimo-is all thanks to the hard work! :)

Rob van der Does
09-07-14, 19:03
The only way to find out, is to flash. And with the backup-options we have, you'll be back on your actual image in no-time if you really want to.

Creators
09-07-14, 19:30
The only way to find out, is to flash. And with the backup-options we have, you'll be back on your actual image in no-time if you really want to.

Yes, Rob, it's true, which I know very well, but the 3.0 is the best! :D Wish me luck with Apollo! :thumbsup:

Results will be soon! :)

Creators
10-07-14, 02:01
I have been standing on Apollo 15! :)Guys, great job! :thumbsup:

Excellent speed and functionality! Although not restore all the plugins and need to adjust the OSD position,

everything works perfectly! :thumbsup:

HeRmAN
10-07-14, 22:53

Same here on old 808 won't change till I have to.
I'm also still using 3.0 build 808 but not because it's rock solid but because it doesn't find any updates anymore.
My receiver has actually been worse for every day but I haven't got the time to look into why it's so unstable.
Until now, The issues I'm having are:
- frequent VIX spinner
- slow changing of channels
- loss of epg information/empty epg
- It reboots by itself occasionally

I did have the issue with poor capacitors in the power supply and the box didn't power up but I found a good guide here and replaced them, that problem solved, also cleaned the little dust from the unit and the fan then so I don't think it's overheating.

Today when I dropped in here and I haven't been here for several months I was a bit confused over the for me new images Apollo, Zeus, Helios... :confused:
I have tried to find an explanation if one or all of them are replacements for the 3.0 branch that seams to be discontinued.
Can anyone tell me what threads to read to get information about this or explain it here?
The 2.4 was working well except for HD channels and the upgrade to 3.0 solved the issue with HD channels that I watch a lot now so going back to 2.4 isn't an option for me.

My box is a Vu+Duo from 2010 with a 2TB Hitachi HDS722020ALA that is used to 88% (221,1G free) and I have a feeling that it gets slower when the disk gets more and more recordings...
and I have a 8GB Sandisk mounted as /media/sda1 for picon & crossepg

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs 102.0M 83.2M 18.8M 82% /
devtmpfs 67.5M 4.0K 67.4M 0% /dev
tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
/dev/sda1 1.8T 1.6T 221.1G 88% /media/hdd
/dev/sdb1 7.4G 163.5M 7.3G 2% /media/sda1
tmpfs 67.6M 388.0K 67.2M 1% /var/volatile

And I use Open Webif as remote control from my phone to swap channels from the bedroom at night.
So epg and possibility to swap channels from a different location is important to have.

Why not use an Sandisk Cruser Fit or similar small stick, it will fit behind the closed front cover and you have to remove it to flash the unit.

Why the question mark?
In my case because I'm confused over the new images but with the good possibilities to backup and recover what I have now I will probably try it if I get some answers and after the Rally Cross in Belgium, MotoGP from Sachsenring and the Swedish Touring Car Championship this busy weekend!!

judge
10-07-14, 23:02
I'm also still using 3.0 build 808 but not because it's rock solid but because it doesn't find any updates anymore.

It won't. 3.0.x builds were discontinued almost 7 months ago & feeds removed.
Images are built quite often & you'll always find the latest release on http://openvix.co.uk

HeRmAN
10-07-14, 23:14
I have noticed that the feeds are gone and I know where to find the new releases and the change logs etc. but I'm missing the information on which step to take, which release shall I use, what's the difference?

judge
10-07-14, 23:20
I'd always use the latest release. If you can find the change logs, not sure what else you're looking for?
Maybe the flashing guides on the same download server might help?

Larry-G
10-07-14, 23:34
I have noticed that the feeds are gone and I know where to find the new releases and the change logs etc. but I'm missing the information on which step to take, which release shall I use, what's the difference?

Apollo is the current image series.

thecaretaker
11-07-14, 06:36
Doing a fantastic job chaps. Very please with what you've done. My Ultimo works perfectly. Please carry on and keep up the hard work. I really appreciate the efforts you put in. Don't let the few decanting voices spoil it for the majority. I've seen many a fine project discontinued due to a few moaners. Never let that happen with VIX :nono:

phedja011
11-07-14, 12:09
Thanks you fantastic job

thisntaht
11-07-14, 13:52
Hear, hear +1 :)

Doing a fantastic job chaps. Very please with what you've done. My Ultimo works perfectly. Please carry on and keep up the hard work. I really appreciate the efforts you put in. Don't let the few decanting voices spoil it for the majority. I've seen many a fine project discontinued due to a few moaners. Never let that happen with VIX :nono:

tomos
11-07-14, 14:30
i'll echo that.

sabrino
11-07-14, 15:13
thaink you

balosh
11-07-14, 21:01
thanx for update

Bigtag
12-07-14, 07:38
Got a slight problem..... Restoring my backup usually goes well., but this time when I restore I'm getting a message that "feeds are down, try again later". How long will I have to wait? Is there a work around?

lemi
12-07-14, 08:43
Got a slight problem..... Restoring my backup usually goes well., but this time when I restore I'm getting a message that "feeds are down, try again later". How long will I have to wait? Is there a work around?You can enable unstable updates but is better to wait.Usually,feeds are down short for release new build:thumbsup:

Larry-G
12-07-14, 08:50
If this is for the Solo2 then there is a problem we are looking into where the feeds did not build with the latest release.

DaMacFunkin
12-07-14, 10:35
A tip to everybody, regularly make a full image back up incase feeds are down when trying to restore.

nsw9154
12-07-14, 11:49
I even keep a backup on a the USB stick that I use to flash the machine with even a 4 gig is large enough for multiple saves,it has saved me many times :D

Larry-G
12-07-14, 12:10
A tip to everybody, regularly make a full image back up incase feeds are down when trying to restore.

Personally I just keep a copy of all the .ipk files I use on a USB stick then install those manually upon a new setup.

nsw9154
12-07-14, 13:44
:confused: how dose that work pheonix I looked in the image & backup files on my USB stick and could not see any .ipk files

Larry-G
12-07-14, 13:54
:confused: how dose that work pheonix I looked in the image & backup files on my USB stick and could not see any .ipk files

If you downloaded the plugins from the feeds you can download them as a .ipk with a telnet command, or as in my case, the plugins I use I have had for years often before they were on the feeds.

Larry-G
12-07-14, 13:56
If you downloaded the plugins from the feeds you can download them as a .ipk with a telnet command, or as in my case, the plugins I use I have had for years often before they were on the feeds.

for example

opkg download enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-autobouquetsmaker
opkg download enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand

The downloaded .ipk files can then be found in the /home/root/ directory.

nsw9154
12-07-14, 14:04
That sounds a little bit complicated for me mate I think I will stick with the easy old way :D

bellejt
12-07-14, 14:44
I just dowload the plugins on my PC.Then just ftp in tmp directory and instal from vix panel.Easy and fast if other things are not working.I needed to do it with remote stream convertor because that one is not in the downloads.

Rob van der Does
12-07-14, 17:18
......I needed to do it with remote stream convertor because that one is not in the downloads.
Oh yes, it is. I use it all the time on all my boxes.

bellejt
12-07-14, 17:54
never found it in the online feeds , only in the downloads

Rob van der Does
12-07-14, 18:01
What do you mean by 'downloads'?

bellejt
12-07-14, 18:19
when selecthing menu-applications-green button ,it is not in the downloads.I found it by searching with google on remote stream convertor.

Rob van der Does
12-07-14, 18:22
I can assure you it's available (under extensions). As I said : I use it all the time, also after many, many flash & restores.
If you don't see it, it is installed already.

PS: That are the feeds.

fintannl
12-07-14, 19:24
I am at a loss to understand this reflash policy. I've done vix, Zeus, Helios, Apollo. Now I have no doubts that this is necessary otherwise the vix team would not put users thru this. So I have a basic request. Cud one of you folk explain why this is currently necessary and cud you also look a bit into the future in your explanations and say at what point this nonsense will likely stop

Creators
12-07-14, 19:50
I have long used the Vix 3.0, while changes to the Apollo. And I had the great joy of a new image! :)

Maybe that is worth a reflash? ;)

Larry-G
12-07-14, 19:53
I am at a loss to understand this reflash policy. I've done vix, Zeus, Helios, Apollo. Now I have no doubts that this is necessary otherwise the vix team would not put users thru this. So I have a basic request. Cud one of you folk explain why this is currently necessary and cud you also look a bit into the future in your explanations and say at what point this nonsense will likely stop
If you think it's nonsense please do feel free to use another image.

fintannl
12-07-14, 19:54
I have long used the Vix 3.0, while changes to the Apollo. And I had the great joy of a new image! :)

Maybe that is worth a reflash? ;)

Not this current daftness. I just ask a simple question. Why the constant reflashes and when do they end

Larry-G
12-07-14, 20:02
Not this current daftness. I just ask a simple question. Why the constant reflashes and when do they end

every single time a reflash hes been required a thread saying why has been posted, we cant be blamed if you dont read those announcements.

fintannl
12-07-14, 20:03
If you think it's nonsense please do feel free to use another image.

I ask a simple question. Why are all the reflashes required and when will it end. I just ask for an explanation, nothing more

Larry-G
12-07-14, 20:07
And I told you there are announcement threads explaining why, in fact your posing in one of them now, so how about you try reading the very first post of this thread instead of complaining about your free image ?.

Creators
12-07-14, 20:09
Not this current daftness.

Maybe you can be more pleasant? :nono:

lemi
12-07-14, 20:11
I just upgrade it to Apollo 018 via telnet!! So,to answer your question,it has ended:)

fintannl
12-07-14, 20:20
So I update it to apollo18 (another flash) and then I can do software update in future

lemi
12-07-14, 20:31
So I update it to apollo18 (another flash) and then I can do software update in futureI didn't said that.I said that I update it to Apollo 018 without new flash.I can't tell you what is gonna be in future.

twol
12-07-14, 20:37
The polite answer is that as part of the OE Alliance they have to integrate changes that introduce complications (which probably also means they support plugins/models they probably wouldn't otherwise), but then again some of the admin's communications skills don't extend that far to provide full explanations or to repeat them...... I sometimes wish Andy ( who does much of the build work) would jump in kick some of the admins and teach them a few manners ... But it is WoS
But you could look at OpenPLI, OpenXTA or openATV where there is not quite the same support, but they somehow manage to provide daily updates and at least a polite response............ But then obviously the sponsor is proud of the typical "Anglo-Saxon" responses on this WEB site.

d_ino
12-07-14, 20:41
First and foremost - Just wanted to say a big thank you to all the hard work on this new image, even with the issue with my Solo2 the difference is still great. Now that the feeds are fixed, even better.

Many Thanks and keep up the great work

bellejt
12-07-14, 20:51
flashing is a part off the hobby.It only takes a few minutes off te time.I am very glad with updates when the box becomes more interesting.Had an IPBOX9000HD before and without the updates the box was an expensive shit.Keep up the good work guys.As young Mr grace : you've all done very well :):eek::p

fintannl
12-07-14, 21:10
flashing is a part off the hobby.It only takes a few minutes off te time.I am very glad with updates when the box becomes more interesting.Had an IPBOX9000HD before and without the updates the box was an expensive shit.Keep up the good work guys.As young Mr grace : you've all done very well :):eek::p

Heavens but I have flashed vix for years. Flashing is a part of the hobby but not every week

f1mad
12-07-14, 22:13
Thankyou for the time

judge
12-07-14, 22:29
But then obviously the sponsor is proud of the typical "Anglo-Saxon" responses on this WEB site.

What the hell are you on about?

salah100
12-07-14, 23:27
how comes i didnt need to do a REFLASH i just updated straight from apollo 12 to 14? and my solo2 is working just fine now

judge
12-07-14, 23:39
how comes i didnt need to do a REFLASH i just updated straight from apollo 12 to 14? and my solo2 is working just fine now

A few builds have required a reflash using Apollo & depending on the box used.
The reasons for a reflash have been posted many times, so new posts like the current crib from @fintannl tend to get ignored.
If folks can't read a release post, what's the point in replying to their moan posts.

Also, couch flashing is now almost as easy as an online update, requires an extra restrore step, do that step & no issues...

salah100
12-07-14, 23:43
Thanks dude

The reasons for a reflash have been posted many times, so new posts like the current crib from @fintannl tend to get ignored.
If folks can't read a release post, what's the point in replying to their moan posts.

Also, couch flashing is now almost as easy as an online update, requires an extra retrore step, do that step & no issues...

judge
12-07-14, 23:52
Couch flashing is also easier than USB flashing, no need to remove other USB sticks on various boxes.
Can't see how updates could be made any easier?

fintannl
12-07-14, 23:53

Also, couch flashing is now almost as easy as an online update, requires an extra restrore step, do that step & no issues...

Yes I crib,. I just want to know when this constant reflash policy will end. I hear you on each image update and why we need to reflash. You don't say if this is going to be continuous

judge
12-07-14, 23:56
Yes I crib,. I just want to know when this constant reflash policy will end. I hear you on each image update and why we need to reflash. You don't say if this is going to be continuous

Stick to the image you prefer? The 'issue' will continue as long as you see as it as an issue.

fintannl
13-07-14, 00:00
Stick to the image you prefer? The 'issue' will continue as long as you see as it as an issue.

I just ask you folks to explain in layman's terms what the problem is. Yes we get the blow by blow issue for each update but I just want to know why the constant reflashes. That's all. Thanks.

judge
13-07-14, 00:11
I just ask you folks to explain in layman's terms what the problem is. Yes we get the blow by blow issue for each update but I just want to know why the constant reflashes. That's all. Thanks.

Explained many times, including twol's post (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?39282-Apollo-Build-015-all-user-s-please-read-Re-Flash-required&p=302068&viewfull=1#post302068) a few above yours.
Still not sure about his epectation of a polite response though on the same non ending question...

roy0110
13-07-14, 01:06
reflashing can be a little inconvenient, but i consider it a better alternative than using the aforementioned image alternatives.
going back to twols post, i agree one or two mods can be a little abrasive and at times unhelpful, but i don't appreciate you calling them "typical anglo saxons"
for one, i'm an anglo saxon and don't recalling offending you in any way.
two, the worst of the mods isn't even an anglo saxon.
quit with the racist thing please.

fintannl
13-07-14, 02:02
It takes no effort for me to flash a duo. That said I convinced a buddy to buy one of these boxes and he isn't so computer literate.. Seems vix images are only for the computer smart folk. To think that a software update means wiping your system each time is really not a good way forward. I don't like it and my buddy regrets ever buying his duo. Thanks

Rob van der Does
13-07-14, 02:17
As most retailers will tell you in their shop and on their websites Enigma2-boxes are really for hobbyists.
And don't forget: a flash a day, keeps the doctor away :)

PS: Reflashing is not a 'policy', but a way to prevent problems in some cases.

Bigtag
13-07-14, 06:56
If this is for the Solo2 then there is a problem we are looking into where the feeds did not build with the latest release.

Thank you Phoenix. I tried again late night and it worked perfectly

kokuszgolyo
13-07-14, 08:16
i know it :)

craig1979
13-07-14, 08:49
ive just gone from 14 to 19 via online update:)

Stanman
13-07-14, 09:25
It takes no effort for me to flash a duo. That said I convinced a buddy to buy one of these boxes and he isn't so computer literate.. Seems vix images are only for the computer smart folk. To think that a software update means wiping your system each time is really not a good way forward. I don't like it and my buddy regrets ever buying his duo. Thanks

How so buddy, bar one recent update, you can use settings restore to be back my and running within 10 minutes.

I have to do 6 boxes and all done less than 30 minutes. No my maths not bad, flash same time.

If you think VIX is computer smart, try the other images and you will need to be Alan Turing[emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

bellejt
13-07-14, 09:53
flashed online this time with imagemanager and perfect.No hassle with removing or replacing sticks.Thx guys.

nsw9154
13-07-14, 10:14
People updating to Apollo19 with the Red light flashing as unstable :nono: I will wait till the light flashes Green thank you :D

Larry-G
13-07-14, 10:30
People updating to Apollo19 with the Red light flashing as unstable :nono: I will wait till the light flashes Green thank you :D

It's nothing to worry about, just a bootloop on the Ultimo (no reports of similar occurrences for any other receiver), That said if you do update please make a backup first just in case. (The image by default creates a settings and plugins backup as part of the online update process, but not if you use the telnet method).

saudades
13-07-14, 10:40
Thank you for the update

nirmies
13-07-14, 11:21
Couch flashing all the way. Keep up the good work.

nsw9154
13-07-14, 11:24
Just updated to Apollo19 but I did it the tried and tested way with my trusty old 4 gig USB stick :D but I also did a full backup and Image backup to both my Hard Drive and USB stick of the new Apollo 19 and it only took about 10mins max so why are people complaining about having to re-flash :confused:

Larry-G
13-07-14, 11:31
so why are people complaining about having to re-flash :confused:

I have oft puzzled over that too, especially since Andy and the other E2 image devs have spent several hundred thousand (and more) hours making things as easy as possible from a users point of view. Things people take for granted now a days, such as inbuilt image and backup managers, couch flashing, ABM, CrossEPG etc etc etc, dont just happen. They take a lot of development constant updating, all for little to no thanks.

jopidane
13-07-14, 11:49
:):eek::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

cactikid
13-07-14, 11:54
its a bit like cars if it runs keep on refilling with fuel and topping up oil and water and when it groans and stops fix it,i must admit i do let things slide and dont see the new better things,yes you guys do a hell of alot to make things better with no thanks:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
so thanks i might move to the newer appolo3:D:D

huey45
13-07-14, 13:06
Can ask a question if I do a full backup of my Uno, then do a full reflash of latest image
then do a restore to include all plugins, why will it not restore Tsmedia which was previously
installed on any versions of openvix, I thought that was the idea to save anybody having
to do manual installs again, im puzzled ?? not that im griping guys you all do sterling work..

lemi
13-07-14, 13:47
After upgrade GBUE to Apollo 019 HDMI CEC doesn't work no more.Anyone else having same problem?
Edit:It's all good now.Need to restart TV:lol3:

Stanman
13-07-14, 14:07
Can ask a question if I do a full backup of my Uno, then do a full reflash of latest image
then do a restore to include all plugins, why will it not restore Tsmedia which was previously
installed on any versions of openvix, I thought that was the idea to save anybody having
to do manual installs again, im puzzled ?? not that im griping guys you all do sterling work..

It will only restore plugins downloaded from the feeds.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

emmaian
13-07-14, 15:12
After going to 19 loaded from memory stick and then restored backup i have all working but the vix in top left is spinning all the time and box running very slow, also slow to respond to remote control, i have a vu duo 2 Thanks Ian

Larry-G
13-07-14, 15:19
Try without using your settings backup, then slowly reintroduce your plugins one at a time to see what might be causing this.

colin.t.mc
13-07-14, 15:54
Stuck??
4gig usb drive fat32 apollo19 on it, vue duo turned off stick in front drive slot, duo re powered and jack??? reboots to normal start not update so
re formatted usb drive put mp4 film on it plugged it in and duo see's it and can watch film off stick or transfer it to internal drive so i know the pen drive works but cant flash from it??

roy0110
13-07-14, 16:00
Stuck??
4gig usb drive fat32 apollo19 on it, vue duo turned off stick in front drive slot, duo re powered and jack??? reboots to normal start not update so
re formatted usb drive put mp4 film on it plugged it in and duo see's it and can watch film off stick or transfer it to internal drive so i know the pen drive works but cant flash from it??

any other usb devices already plugged in?
if so, remove them before attempting to flash.

emmaian
13-07-14, 16:03
Stuck??

Only advice i can give on this one as i did the same once is to open the file on the usb and make sure its for the Vu duo by opening the vuplus folder which then shows the model ie duo, duo 2 and so on, hope this helps you.

Larry-G
13-07-14, 16:05
If you already have ViX installed go to the image manager (blue button> ViX> image manager). Download the build you want and use the restore option to flash the image directly. Otherwise known as "couch flashing".

tiggerbiker
13-07-14, 17:49
on my gigablue quad i either couch flash or i have to unplug the internal HDD before i can flash with a USB card

Rob van der Does
13-07-14, 18:11
on my gigablue quad i either couch flash or i have to unplug the internal HDD before i can flash with a USB card
Then something is really wrong.

DaMacFunkin
13-07-14, 19:17

What format is your internal HDD?

tiggerbiker
13-07-14, 20:39
What format is your internal HDD?
im not sure - i just popped it in and let the box set it up.

TBH, i didnt realise i have a problem!
i thought it was a quirk of the GB box? my box works perfectly in all other respects and if i need to reflash, i just couch flash - which i only learnt about a couple of weeks ago! - before, i was having to pop the top off and disconnect the sata cable to the HDD so the box would flash from the USB stick, if i didnt do this, the box would just boot up normally.
the box still reads the usb stick as usual
i have a kingston USB stick which i use for EPG data and a 2.5" 1TB HDD for recordings.

as i said, its working in all other respects and i dont have a problem with it so i will be leaving it as is

jukkal
13-07-14, 21:28
flashed online this time with imagemanager and perfect.No hassle with removing or replacing sticks.Thx guys.

I have flashed new images several times without removing the usb stick. I just cp the new image to the Ultimo disk that is shared via nfs, then telnet to the Ultimo, unzip the packet and move the directory to the stick. But next time I'll try doing it via the image manager if it doesn't update straight from the update menu.

Rob van der Does
14-07-14, 04:09
And when using the ImageManager to flash you don't even need to unzip the file.

mrxbox360
14-07-14, 08:51
One thing i have noticed since putting apollo builds on my solo2 the temp seems to run a lot hotter approx 39 - 40c i updated to v 019 from v015 at the weekend,i have adjusted the fan speed almost to full & the box has a lot of space around it to breath :confused:

roy0110
14-07-14, 09:00
One thing i have noticed since putting apollo builds on my solo2 the temp seems to run a lot hotter approx 39 - 40c i updated to v 019 from v015 at the weekend,i have adjusted the fan speed almost to full & the box has a lot of space around it to breath :confused:

could it be anything to do with the weather?

Rob van der Does
14-07-14, 09:11
Summertime and/or what you do with the box. Nothing an image can do in that respect, apart from offering to install FanControl2. allowing you to make more settings and to read the temp-graph in the webbrowser.

Larry-G
14-07-14, 10:34

39 to 40 degrees is nothing to worry about, my gigablue quad was hitting 81 a few nights ago without issue.

DaMacFunkin
14-07-14, 10:51
Jeez I wouldn't like to see my duo2 at 80 degrees.

ace5
14-07-14, 11:09
hi all im on apollo build 14 on a gigablue quad was thinking when i back up my settings and reflash then restore my settings will the wifi drivers be restored as well ...thanks

kopchoir
14-07-14, 12:47
Hi there due to work and having a rock stable image i didn't bother updating to helios or now Apollo.
Few days off work so im going to update my vu+Duo which image is now the most stable preferred image.

Thanks in advance
Kop

With this fresh install is it now like starting from scratch or can i carry things over from the old image openvix 3.0 i believe

Sicilian
14-07-14, 12:49
Thread closed, it was only meant to advise users, for support questions please post in ViX Support section.