PDA

View Full Version : Scart issue picture jumpy Octagon SF8/ XP1000

degoosefish
07-07-14, 19:45
Does anyone know how to set up a scart connection on the Octagon SF8 - Vix Image 014

When connecting a scart I follow the on screen wizard

select scart over HDMI
select Pal over NTsc

while and after going through the wizards on Vix the picture via the scart output is very jumpy
I have tried different scart leads
I have tried different scart TV

Has anyone had this issue with scart connection and how did they over come it

regards and thanks

degoosefish
08-07-14, 23:23
anyone got any similar experience when using a scart lead with any of the set top boxes

Joe_90
08-07-14, 23:38
I have been using a composite video and audio feed (similar to SCART PAL setup) on my Quad Plus just as an experiment in ease of use for SWMBO. With the last release I have found the video flickering up and down a few lines very rapidly. Re-loading Enigma generally sorts it out. Hadn't noticed it on the 014 release. HDMI is fine but I have a suspicion it's less sharp than previous releases. There may be driver adjustments affecting the black level, white level etc?

cactikid
08-07-14, 23:55
hmm did i have that on older image i think i did ,trying to think if it was refresh rate too great for scart?:confused:

Joe_90
09-07-14, 01:00
Not consistent, though. Restart sorted it. Have had issues on HDMI with vertical lines appearing on the picture. Changing channels seemed to fix. Suspect driver issues, though.

degoosefish
04-08-14, 20:46
cheers for the replies just to fyi I couldn't get the scart problem undercontrol so the guy bought a new flatscreen instead so scart not needed in the end. hopefully won't be looking for a scart lead anytime soon

Joe_90
04-08-14, 23:39
Have moved to a component connection in place of composite. It avoids having to use a HDMI lead and my AV amp, but gives a great 1080i picture over analogue connection!