PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] No ABM for Sky

untitled
06-07-14, 21:13
Apologies in advance if this has been answered in previous posts.
I am aware of the HD channels currently missing for Sky right now but my ABM is only working for Freesat, and very few Sky channels, is it because of the channel problem I am not getting ABM? if so why is it not just the Sky HD channels missing from the list but most SD as well?
I try rescanning ABM but just says (time-out for tuner lock)?

judge
06-07-14, 21:28
More info needed...
Image & build number?
Box used?
Tuner configuration?
Is your dish aligned properly? anything blocking it?

untitled
06-07-14, 22:02
More info needed...
Image & build number?
Box used?
Tuner configuration?
Is your dish aligned properly? anything blocking it?

Apologies!
Vix Image
build Apollo 014
3 x tuners A+B set to 28.2, no problem with signal

happened weeks ago before updating to apollo

thanks

judge
06-07-14, 22:38
How have you tuner C set?
Which tuners have you feeds going to?

untitled
06-07-14, 23:16
How have you tuner C set?
Which tuners have you feeds going to?

Tuner C is for a motorised dish that rarely gets used, its set to USALS for sats Hotbird, Astra 19.2 and the like

A&B are both set to 28.2, FYI I have had the ABM working perfectly before?

thanks for your help so far!

judge
06-07-14, 23:37
Set tuner C as not configured for now. Does ABM work then?
I was getting 'time-out for tuner lock' errors recently using SKY UK & FreeSat UK, SKY UK would scan fine & ABM would the give the same error on FreeSat UK scan so ABM couldn't complete its update.
Had to remove lots of tree branches in the garden for both to tune as expected...

abu baniaz
07-07-14, 00:59
Tuner C is for a motorised dish that rarely gets used, its set to USALS for sats Hotbird, Astra 19.2 and the like

This may be a contradiction. Have you set as simple/positioner or have you gone to advanced and manually set some positions and others as USALS.

untitled
09-07-14, 21:37
"Set tuner C as not configured for now. Does ABM work then?'

Yes and thanks judge, I can now scan and it actually reads Sky and Freesat and shows the total amount in the bottom bar, but still various holes within the guides? HD on Sky of course (assuming everyone else is the same) but still lots of SD channel info missing, nutting wrong with the dish (I'm a satellite installer) but just out of curiosity what is the frequency it searches on?

abu baniaz
09-07-14, 21:46
Lots of SD channel info missing,
ABM does not do EPG, you will be fine once you set up your EPG. See section 4 of the Vix manual

out of curiosity what is the frequency it searches on?

<transponder frequency="11778000" symbol_rate="27500000" polarization="1"fec_inner="2" orbital_position="282" inversion="2" system="0"modulation="1" roll_off="0" pilot="2" />

untitled
09-07-14, 22:04
ABM does not do EPG, you will be fine once you set up your EPG. See section 4 of the Vix manual

<transponder frequency="11778000" symbol_rate="27500000" polarization="1"fec_inner="2" orbital_position="282" inversion="2" system="0"modulation="1" roll_off="0" pilot="2" />

Sorted thank you !! Ive actually done this already a few months back when I got the box, obviously forgot the process..!