PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] autobouquet maker not WORKING !!

kishan333
06-07-14, 14:53
HI GUYS,

MY autbouquets maker has not been working for months now and got to a point where i really need it.

i have it scheduled for 6 am daily bt when i turn on tv it keeps saying tuner lock fail.

please help as i cant record past now and next.

Larry-G
06-07-14, 14:57
we would ideally need to know a bit more about your setup, for example.

1. which receiver are you using ?.
2. what exact image and build version are you using ?.
3. how exactly are your tuners setup ?.

also you say ABM has not been working for months yet you chose ABM DVB-C for the title of this support thread, yet we did not release the DVB-C portion of ABM months ago.

Andy_Hazza
06-07-14, 14:57
You'll need to give more info. What satellite box you got, Image and what build etc.

abu baniaz
06-07-14, 15:00
You have prefixed with dvb-c, but that has not been out long.

Which receiver?
Which image, name and build number?
How many tuners?
What is connected to each tuner?
What is each tuner set as?
What settings have you got for ABM?

kishan333
06-07-14, 15:03
hi soory guys i chose the prefix random as i am a newbie and have no idea what it means.

VU DUO
VIX ZEUS
2 TUNERS (STANDARD SETUP) SIMPLE etc.

kishan333
06-07-14, 15:08
we would ideally need to know a bit more about your setup, for example.

1. which receiver are you using ?.
2. what exact image and build version are you using ?.
3. how exactly are your tuners setup ?.

also you say ABM has not been working for months yet you chose ABM DVB-C for the title of this support thread, yet we did not release the DVB-C portion of ABM months ago.

hi soory guys i chose the prefix random as i am a newbie and have no idea what it means.

VU DUO
VIX ZEUS
2 TUNERS (STANDARD SETUP) SIMPLE etc.

Larry-G
06-07-14, 15:10
so the next question would be how do you have ABM setup ?

kishan333
06-07-14, 15:18
so the next question would be how do you have ABM setup ?

im not at home at the moment but i just followed all the appropriate steps and also it is the same one as manual by phoenix team 2013.

Larry-G
06-07-14, 15:23
I presume the manual you are referring to is the one created by my self, which is how all of my receivers are setup and they all work fine with ABM. but if you could we would need to see some screen shots of the exact setup in order to see if there is any thing out of place.

kishan333
06-07-14, 17:14
I presume the manual you are referring to is the one created by my self, which is how all of my receivers are setup and they all work fine with ABM. but if you could we would need to see some screen shots of the exact setup in order to see if there is any thing out of place.

Yep that is the one I will look to provide some when I can thanks

Also could the problem be due to the fact that I am on Zeus image

abu baniaz
06-07-14, 18:42
Tuner lock timeout is exactly that. It has timed out while trying to lock on to the frequency that ABM is assigned.

It could be a variety of reasons why this is happening.

kishan333
06-07-14, 19:36
Tuner lock timeout is exactly that. It has timed out while trying to lock on to the frequency that ABM is assigned.

It could be a variety of reasons why this is happening.

could you give me some reasons please and also how would i prevent this happening?

DaMacFunkin
06-07-14, 20:06
Make sure your both your tuners are set to single satellite 28.2, try swapping the feeds over incase its a lnb problem, check your dish is correctly aligned, there have been instances where people's dishes have not been properly aligned and can't lock onto the required frequency.

abu baniaz
07-07-14, 00:52
could you give me some reasons please and also how would i prevent this happening?
1. Tuners being set up incorrectly is one possibility. e.g they have a twin tuner module and a single tuner module. This totals three tuners , but person considers this as rtwo becasue there are two tuner cards. This is why I ask some questions which can seem pedantic, but best to clarify instead basing things on assumptions/deductions.

2. One of the feeds into the receiver has an issue and does not tune properly. Best way of trouble shooting this is to not to touch the cabling/feeds. Disable/set as not configured all but one tuner, then perform a scan. For 28.2 you should get over 950 channels. Disable/set as not configured this tuner then enable next one and repeat scan.

This will establish if there is a fault. Next steps will depend on results.

P.S I have changed prefix of your thread.