PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Keep losing Terrestrial xml file.

sandiego69
06-07-14, 09:14
Whenever I do a new build or software update I lose the Terrestrial.xml file. It seems to be either overwritten or missing. I want to keep the file I created for my local transmitters and have tried placing in either 'Enigma2' folder or Tuxbox or both.

Where should my file be kept so I am able to 'restore' it correctly?

Rob van der Does
06-07-14, 09:49
The files in /etc/tuxbox are systemfiles and will indeed be overwritten on an image update.
If you really want to use a user file, it should go to /etc/enigma2 ; it will take precedence over the system file and is incorporated in any settings backup.

abu baniaz
06-07-14, 10:36
Why not upload details of your transmitter. It can then be added to the image.

sandiego69
07-07-14, 07:49
I would willing do that but I am not sure how and where to send it. Please explain.

abu baniaz
07-07-14, 10:03
Zip/rar it and attach here. If you click on advanced, there will be an option to manage attachments.

sandiego69
07-07-14, 18:56
Attached file is a complete (I hope) Uk Terrestrial DVB-T frequency listing.

abu baniaz
08-07-14, 02:35
Which transmitter is yours?

sandiego69
08-07-14, 06:50
Beacon Hill in South Devon.

I have tried your suggestion last night to reflash and restore backups with the Terrestrial.xml file in etc/enigma but each time it disappears.

I do have a file in tuxbox but I deleted this to see if it made any difference. I have had this problem for the last year so any help in making sure the transmitter (Beacon Hill) is always restored as default would be very helpful.

abu baniaz
09-07-14, 03:28
That xml file you uploaded has some details missing. Ideally we need someone with some IT skills to grab all the data possible from site below/ofcoms database and update all the values for the UK transmitters.

Back to the matter in hand, I have used the details you uploaded and also used the data from here

http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SX857619

I have added the to the existing xml which is attached. Please extract it and replace the current one in /etc/tuxbox/, perform a scan (preferrably with no pre-existing channels) and report back. After your response, we can add to the GIT so that it is always available for you.

abu baniaz
12-07-14, 16:50
Confirmation that fiel is fine would have been great. Anyway, added to feeds and will be included in Apollo 018.

sandiego69
13-07-14, 08:02
Apologies. I am on holiday for a while longer and unable to check out the file. It was greatly appreciated and I will report back as soon as I can. Meanwhile, again, thanks.

sandiego69
13-07-14, 18:21
Ok The file works perfectly as a scan tool. I am still having the same problem that the file disappears when updating. I have tried putting the file in 'etc/enigma2' and deleting the one in 'tuxbox'. I have tried the same file in both. Every time I either re-flash with a new build, currently 019, or a 'software update and then restore settings, I lose the file!

abu baniaz
13-07-14, 19:46
The transmitter details will be in the image as standard. You waont need to worry about replacing/editing the file.